4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I worked in Aveda spas, salons and even the stores because I really love and believe in this company and their products. I started using Hand Relief 20+ years ago and do this day it is still hands down (see what i did there?) the best hand cream ever. The scent is wonderful without being over powering. The cream is thick and rich but blends in well. It does a great job at hydrating skin without being greasy. It goes on well and stays on, even after washing your hands the moisturizing power of this cream lingers in the skin.

About reviewer (255 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

a year ago

I think there are multiple formulas of this product... I got a free sample at my salon w/ the shampure™ scent and loved it! I always have trouble finding good hand creams that last but aren't greasy. The scent was pleasant and not too strong. Next chance I got I tried to purchase one online to keep in my purse but all I could find for sale was hand relief w/ pure-fume™ scent. I didn't dislike the scent but I think the formula is a little different, this seemed greasier than my free sample by just enough that I didn't care to re-purchase. As far as packaging goes, I think the 1.4oz size is just a little too small and hard to get the last bits out of, but the next size up, 4.2oz, is too large to carry in my purse. If I could get something closer to 2oz of the formula w/ shampure, I would jump on the chance.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

3.0

3 years ago

Pros: - it truly moisturize; - you do not need to reapply it every time after washing your hands (it survive a couple of hand washes). Cons: - I hate the smell, it smells like a cooked rotten lemon; - it takes longer to absorb than L'Occitain, Clarins, Elemis; - the tube has a big hole through which the cream is going out, I always get way too much. Great cream if you're okay with its smell.

About reviewer (667 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

4 years ago

Truly the best ever. I am a self proclaimed hand cream addict. This is the best of all I have ever owned. Makes your nails and cuticles look fab. And shiny. A must for Canadian winters. Nice light scent. Not overpowering. Top quality hand cream.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBrown

6 years ago

Eucerin PLUS Intensive Repair Hand Crème is the best ever serious hand lotion ever created. With that being said, I like to keep a couple of 'luxury' hand creams around that work nicely and smell great. I use them as special treats because they are more expensive. Those 2 hand lotions are Aveda's Hand Relief and Josie Maran's Whipped Argan Oil Intensive Hand Cream in Vanilla Apricot.

About reviewer (175 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

6 years ago

Simple hand cream that leaves hands feeling very moisturized. Love the spa smell too.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

6 years ago

Love Aveda products particularly for their smell and this one does not disappoint. It's a fresh smell, creamy moisturizing hand cream that does feel a tad greasy if too much is applied. I buy two different sizes- a purse sized tube for my purse or pocket at work, and a larger tube that I keep at my bedside for applying before I go to sleep. I have repurchased Aveda Hand relief many times and will continue to do so. It's a bit pricey but I am willing to pay for quality.

About reviewer (65 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair

HairBlond

6 years ago

BEST hand moisturizer I have ever used. Living in Canada, it gets ridiculously dry here in the winter time (which is like 8 months long), and so my hands tend to get really dry and crack. This product has drastically improved the look and feel of my hands. They're no longer raw, and cracking. Thank GOD, or should I say Aveda! I just wish they were a bit cheaper, student life doesn't allow for many high expenses!

About reviewer (66 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

6 years ago

Good basic cream. I'm not too fond of the scent, but it isn't very strong. The main drawback is that it's a bit greasy--it leaves hands looking shiny--so I use it before bed.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

6 years ago

My all time favorite hand cream! I am a stylist for Aveda, so I am sort of partial to the Aveda products. This hand cream has a very basic, yet vibrant scent: a mild citrus aroma. Taking many Aveda classes, I have also learned that this hand cream will last through 3 full hand washes! You don't hear of that quality of product very much. The consistency is very thick, a little goes a loooonnnngggg way! The price is very steep, but working for Aveda, discounts are given (thank gosh!) Favorite hand cream, highly recommend!

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral