Wet 'n' Wild Rock Solid Nail Lacquer- Pink Sapphire 229

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/7/2008 2:12:00 PM

Pretty! It's a sheer blushed ivory with lots of fine, pearly shimmers. The shimmer isn't loud and the base color makes it rather ladylike. This reminds me a little of OPI's Hollywood Blonde, but it's not as sheer and sparkly. The OPI is nearly all shimmer and very little base, even with three coats, while Pink Sapphire gives me a glowing ivory color with only two coats. The stronger base color also makes the shimmers less noticeable than with Hollywood Blonde. So Pink Sapphire is like Hollywood Blonde's quieter, much more restrained older sister. Surprisingly good wear with a decent base coat and top coat (I use a Sally Hansen 2-in-1)--I can get over a week's wear out of without any chipping or tip wear. I got this as a swap extra, but I'd repurchase in a heartbeat. I'm a sucker for sheer, shimmery nudes and this one is lovely and inexpensive.

on 8/7/2008 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a very sheer shimmery pink. Too sheer for my taste so I layer it with a neutral creme (ChG Trousseau or Pop The Question). The white-ish silvery shimmer adds depth and gives it a little more life. Great with a tan for tips and toes.

on 5/31/2008 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Pink Sapphire appears to be a cotton candy pink in the bottle, but it is very sheer when its applied. The result is a barely there pink color with a pearly finish. I would suggest this shade if you're looking for something that's pretty and subtle.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

I was pleasantly surprised by PINK SAPPHIRE. This was one of my first WnW purchases & as it is cheap to buy (1.99) I wasnt expecting much.

The colour is oyster pink, the colour of your natural nails. It appears slightly shimmery to the eye, but this is not glitter, this is in fact diamonds crushed to a powder. This enhances the strength of your nails. The formula is surprisingly smooth to apply.

I must also comment on the design of the bottle & lid. The shape is very easy to grip, meaning there's less smudging & spills.

Using my usual NAILS INC base & top coats this polish will last me 2 to 3 days. Not one of the longest lasting polishes, however, considering the price I can't complain.

Popular Polishes