Kanebo Media Moisture Foundation

4.2

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Bought in OC-C1 after reading good reviews online. The foundation is packed in a nice classy glass tub, looks nice but not very travel friendly.

I am an NC25 / YSL B20 / Giorgio Armani 4.0 the shade OC-C1 fits my skin to a tee however, it does slightly oxidize hence, i have placed an order for something lighter which I hope will work.

The foundation feels very creamy and when applied, it adheres very well to my skin (it doesn't float like some others do). I applied it in the morning at 6.30am before my YSL touche eclat powder and now it is 11.16, my skin still looks ok without splotches and cakiness.

Though others say that this has a higher coverage as compared to its liquid version, I beg to differ it seems somewhat similar though I really prefer the texture of this one.

I will wait till the end of the day to see the performance before conclude my review.

Update:

I am loving this foundation though its coverage is not as good as Giorgio Armani's Lasting Silk Foundation but.. since the price differs so much, it may not be a good comparison.

Anyway, the foundation provides medium coverage and applying it is really a dream with the Koyudo Fu Pa02 brush. I set this foundation with my GA Luminous Powder and it lasts the whole day without creasing at all.

I am in love with this foundation and will buy it again once I am done with the current tub.

on 3/3/2016 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It is good for dry skin people like me. The moisture is good enough for me to use in winter where I live in Asia location. It is light and hydrated, but it has good coverage, i don't have to use concealer compare with other brand cream foundation. The amount to use is just very little, with a matt finished on the face, so i suggest not to apply layer by layer because it become too thick.

The color shade has 5 from fair skin to tan skin, suitable for most asian with yellow base skin tone. I choose the lightest one and I found the most darkest shade is good enough for tan skin and it also looks good. Totally recommended for low budget choose.

One thing is the packaging is so pale but I am fine with it. I will a little bottle of small container to carry out in my makeup bag. So I don't have to bring a whole glass bottle on the go.

To Read all 6 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/13/2012 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is the foundation I use daily.

Like other reviewers said, this is a little thick so you need only a little bit.

Best application method for me is using a dense synthetic brush & buff it into the skin. Staying power is pretty good, 5 hours without touch up. This is quite moisturising & will not cake up on dry patches (for me, that's around my nose). I bought PO-1 but I am usually a OC-1,but I found OC-1 to be a little to yellow for me. This doesn't have fragrance, which is something I wished all cosmetic companies would do. This has not caused breakouts or irritation to my skin.

The packaging is a 30ml glass jar, which I love, but can get a little mess for some people.
Overall, this is worth a try & it's only a little over $10 AUD

on 12/30/2010 1:05:00 PM

I have OC-E I believe and I bought this when I went on a vacation in Japan. I didn't really try it on my face, but I know that Asian cosmetics do tend to work well for my skin tone (I have medium olive skin). I am not the type to break out with cosmetics, so I wasn't afraid about not trying it out before purchasing. I have used it a few times since I've bought it. I love the finish on my face. I apply it using a flat top sythetic brush. I stipple & then buff it in. Then I pat a light powder to set it. The finish is flawless. I love it. It does get oily on my nose after a while, but then my nose really does get oily on all foundations that I use. :) Highly recommended.

This is a fairly good cream foundation. Great for dry skins.
It's a bit heavy. maybe because it's moisturizing...
Anyway, i was very happy with the price and the result. Nothing else beats the price.It was about 12 dollars.
I wont buy it again. Because I have found something better and affordable.

on 5/30/2008 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This moisture cream fdn is more of a thick fluid, housed in a glass jar. I am NC 30-35; GA #5.5 and this OC-D1 is a good match. I still used a moisturiser underneath this fdn. This helps to spread the fdn as I don't find the moisturising property enough for my dry skin. This unscented fdn provides a sheer, natural, matte finish. It doesn't cover up any blemish but blurs it down so to look less obvious. A light wash of powder bronzer to finish it off will look good.
I paid a little over $10 on e-bay. Will re-purchase.