SHISEIDO Revitalizing Cream

No Image

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Love this product! I have been intermittently using this product for about ten years. It is amazing. It can be a little heavy on the skin because it is so rich but I love it. It is one of the only creams which help with the dry patches on my face from nightly use of tretinoin. It smells wonderful. It is very soothing, moisturizing, and softening. I use it all over my face and neck, even around my eyes. It is a little pricey @ $140 a jar but worth it.

on 3/3/2011 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Wonderful cream, helps with dry, flaky, dehydrated types. Also very good for people suffering from Rosacea which I do. I remember the first time I put this on I felt an immediate feeling of relief and my skin appeared to look better within a 1/2 hour. With continued use I've been able to control the rosacea, whenever I get flare ups I put this cream on and it relieves the itching and burning. When I wake up in the morning, my face appears calmer and soft looking. This cream doesn't come cheap, it's US$140 but I think it's worth it and the jar it comes in, you get a lot for your money. I've had mine for about 8 months and I still have half a jar left. If you compare it to the other creams, LaMer, Chanel, etc. it's not that bad of a price.

For a cream that is super healing, hydrating, and smoothing (I'm told that even chemo-therapy patients use this to heal the dry patchy flakes on their skin) I'm floored there are no reviews for this yet. The price is steep ($139 for a 1.4oz jar) but it is so worth it!

Although this cream is designed for dry to very dry skin, acne-sufferers who dry out their skin with anti-acne products will love this. I turned my best friend on to this and she absolutely loved it - her poor skin was naturally oily/acne prone but the surface was dry because she was drying it out with acne medications. She said it was the only thing that got rid of the dry patchy flakes around her blemishes and didn't create new blemishes.

My situation is much different. I tried this out because I thought I was developing "contact eczema" on my face (I wasn't born with it so I can only believe it was due to developing an allergic reaction from using so many different moisturizers/cosmetics). I tried this out only because of the healing properties of this cream - it contains Allantoin to calm skin irritations. It's way too greasy for me to use during the day under makeup but as a night cream, it's my savior. When I wake up in the morning my skin is smooth and well hydrated - and furthermore, NOT itchy! I love it and highly recommend it to anyone with dry, itchy, flaky patches of skin regardless of skin type.
continued >>