Tretinoin Cream 0.1%

4.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got my tube of tretinoin cream from my dermatologist. The first two weeks had been hell! Peeling, lots of clog pores and angry pimples. I'm now on my 3rd week and i only have one pimple on my cheek. This stuff is amazing! Just have lots of patience.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using Tretinoin .1% for going on two years. I use it for anti-aging, not acne, and it works. I started with: dry skin, some texture inconsistencies, fine lines around my eyes and obvious nasolabial lines, uneven tone and some sun damage spots that were a result of lots of beach time in FL w/o using sunscreen.

It works. My skin's tone, texture and overall smoothness has improved a lot. Sun spots have faded and some are just gone. Nasolabial folds and lines around my eyes have diminished. I look at photos of myself in my late twenties and my skin is better now than it was then. My skin is thicker overall, and softer and more plumped. I do not apply on my eyelids or undereye area because it's not recommended.
Yes, the initial stages are tough, itchy, dry, burning skin. Totally worth it. Yes, it's expensive without insurance, still worth it.
I've shaved years off of my face without surgery or fillers or lasers. When people hear my age, (almost 37), they almost always comment that I look in my mid to late twenties. I had a restaurant worker tell me just the other day that I looked the same age as her son who is twenty five. Really, lady? My husband is 9 years younger than me, and people are always surprised or shocked when they hear our age difference.
I now use it only 3 times per week for maintenance. I started with .05% tretinoin with 4% hydroquinone in a cream sold at my dermatologist office. Then after a few months switched to Tretinoin.1% and haven't looked back.
Tretinoin, SPF, an acid (I use P50), the proper cleanser and a good moisturizer is IT for me, never mind 12-step skincare routines or products with inflated marketing promises. Having used some of the big names, ANR, La Mer, Neocutis, Skinceuticals, I can say with certainty that Tretinoin beats them out.
I don't even need foundation anymore.
I really hope it works as well for others as it has for me. Good skin is something everyone should have.

I'm only pay 8$ for a tube with my insurance. So there's no cost/expectation regret or possible placebo effect. For me it just works.

To Read all 20 Reviews, Login or Join

I use Renova which is .02% tretinoin and have been thrilled with the results - lines and wrinkles noticeably reduced or eliminated. I had tried retain A a few years ago, but had to stop using it because it made my skin dry and flaky and even when I used it only 2 to 3 times a week my skin could never tolerate it. I agree with reviewers who say prescription tretinoin is the best anti-aging product available (and dermatologists agree!). The prescription product is indeed quite expensive but worth every penny! I might also note that about a year ago I tried Paula's Choice 1% retinol product just to compare it to my Renova. After using for a month my skin was regressing, so it was back to Renova for me! Also, for anyone who has had trouble adjusting to Renova, I suggest you be sure to wait at least 30 minutes after cleansing and exfoliating to apply it. This information is included with the pamphlet that comes with the prescription but is easy to overlook. The "waiting period" is essential to help your skin tolerate the stronger prescription strength.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I started using Tretinoin about 2 months ago, and it has slowly started to change the appearance and texture of my skin for the better.

I started out applying it every two days, and have now been using it nightly for about a month now. The only way I will apply it on my skin is by mixing in a pea-sized amount with my night moisturizer, which helps make the transition phase (when your skin isn't used to it yet and starts peeling and become a little irritated) less awful.

The transition process was a little rough: my skin would occasionally become really dry and flakey for a few days in a row which made wearing make-up impossible. But I stuck through it (it wasn't too bad to be honest, you just have to get over not having excellent skin for a few days), and am now experiencing fewer breakouts, a decrease in their severity, and more even skin tone.

(Disclaimer: I also recently switched to using the Eminence Organics skin care line, which could also be contributing to the improvement in my skin).

GOOD WORD OF ADVICE: ALWAYS use sunscreen during the day when using this product (I use Clarins SPF 40 which has been really compatible with my acne-prone skin), and stay out of the sun.

Good luck!

Just for some info i am using the Indian version by menarni

I am currently using the 0.1 gel and it working good currently i am on week 4 and looking to up the dose from 3 times a week to 4 times a week. Just use a good moisturizer in the morning to avoid peeling. The 0.05 gel didnt do much for me and just made my skin oily it could be due to the oil base.

Here is where i got mine - http://www.bonanza.com/booths/mjunaid4u

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wrote a review about tretinoin in 2012.

I've been using this since 2010. This is my 5th year edit: do not get on this product. The blowback will be the worst acne than even before you started out with. It'll make you regret you even went on medication in the first place. Do not use this cream for acne. I'm currently healing my skin with a raw food diet. Look up Dr Morse ND on YouTube.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Wonderful

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love it, this is great to treat the acne but it is really expensive in the USA

love this stuff. had some.bad acne.on my cheeks and.not.only did.it.clear that up but it is taking care of the scarring acne left behind as well. Skin might get a little itchy or inflamed when you first use it but that's how it works so if you're patient and follow the instructions (not intense sunlight, use sunscreen) you should be fine. Definitely would/ will repurchase

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Life saver!! After giving birth 10 months ago my face exploded in acne that would not go away. Within a six month period my derm and I tried several different tretinoins the first was atralin gel which is well liked here on mua but my skin hated it. My skin was severely broke out, clogged and not healing or getting better. The 2nd was 0.5% cream and it worked better. It cleared my skin better than the atralin and was slowly helping with the left over hyperpigmentation. But it wasn't until I started the 0.1% that I seen a huge improvement! My skin was pretty much done purging with the 0.5% and the 0.1% has been working wonder on the texture and tone of my skin. I use it every single night. I personally don't think building up a tolerance and stating tretinoin slowly is a good idea. Iny experience it prolonged the purging and healing process. Your skin will look hideous for awhile. Trust me my face looked so ugly and I really just wanted to stay indoors but it will get better. That's why using everyday is important your skin gets used to it quicker! My skin is looking so much better! I can apply a light layer of foundation and go out the door and feel beautiful and confident. I went to the mall the other day and a lady working behind a Lancome counter said wow you have such beautiful glowing skin. If she woukd have seen me last month she would not have believed how bad my skin was. I will forever use this and I think it should be a staple in every woman's skin routine. It feels so nice to see me looking in the mirror and not see huge puss filled acne on my cheeks. I have my cofidence back!

Popular Face Skincare Products