MAC Volcanic Ash Exfoliator

MAC Volcanic Ash Exfoliator
Volcanic Ash Exfoliator Volcanic Ash Exfoliator MAC Volcanic Ash Exfoliatorvolcanic ashVolcanic Ash Exfoliator

3.7

after reading excellent reviews I finally gave in 😫. It dispenses quite thick so I thought great it will exfoliate nicely... the sugar granules dissolve almost immediately. (I know sugar does that) So there pretty much is no exfoliating action - which is why I'm really failing to see how so many people are rating this product. I tried to look past the sugar but I still don't see any wow factor about it after use. Disappointed to say the least.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse

This is my first skin care review on MUA.

There are definitely three things I love about MACS Volcanic Ash Exfoliator!
1. The packaging is wonderful! I bought a full smooth tube of it in the largest size available and I think it's such a pretty package. Dark black, grey and it sparkles! It is not slippery in the shower and it is easy to squeeze out exactly how much you need, so far this product has not clogged the opening or became hardened. I also like how it is sparkly and has very unique packaging, it is easy to find in my bag when I travel.
2. This product spreads easy, it is a medium grain exfoliator and because of the easy application of it you really only need a little bit to cover an area. I use this 3x a week on my T-Zone. I take care not to be too harsh on my skin and this product really blends the exfoliating scrub out very nicely, I come out a little red but totally renewed! It has lasted me quite awhile at 3x per week using it on my T-Zone... 100ML so far has lasted me into the 3rd month.
3. My boyfriend uses this exfoliator as well and he likes it! We definitely like the properties of the volcanic ash in a product because the actual volcanic ash has been around many cultures and historically been around for ages. It has tons of minerals and the ash never dissolves in water so you can be sure the ash exfoliator is going to remove your dead skin as it purifies. Meaning it really helps prevent breakouts!
I am buying this for my man and I again!

like I always do with MAC products, I start with a sample which they are always willing to give. I am in search of an amazing exfoliator and love Mac products so thought I would give this a try and so far seem to like it. like others have said, a little goes a long way so I am still using the sample. only about once a week and use a non exfoliating face wash every other day. I like that there are no plastic beads and the exfoliating beads within this product do disintegrate quite quickly but they are tough enough to do their job in the 30 seconds that they exist. the color is a bit intimidating but is what you would expect with a name like volcanic ash. I am so far happy with this product. my face is left very soft after every use!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Never had such an immideate reaction to a product until I tried this. if you have SENSITIVE skin, STAY AWAY. The second I washed this off my face was beat red and horribly irritated. I like the fragrance and packaging, however this product did not cooperate well with my skin type.

on 4/29/2015 1:01:00 AM

Best exfoliator I have ever had. All the 'gentle' exfoliators out there don't do much for me, I don't even feel they are working. I would not call this gentle, but it does what it should do. I get a great exfoliation when I use it, and it leaves my face totally clean and oil free (oil being my biggest problem). I love that it does not contain plastic beads, and the beads work great at scrubbing. I do not have the problem of the beads dissolving too quickly, as others have stated they have. I like the smell and the fact that that a little goes a long way. It works well enough I only have to use it once or twice a week, and because you only need a small amount, the tube lasts a long time. I did find it expensive, but I guess since it lasts me so long it evens out the price. It is a little messy and stings the eyes, but taking caution is a small price to pay for the good it does for my skin!

-Pros:

It works well
It lets your skin exfoliated and soft

-Cons:

Price

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Sooooooooo the hype gets me again to try something that I pretty much knew wast incompatible- I recently got an ample sample and tried this for a few days. This is why I love samples you dont have to waste time and money with something that doesnt work.

If you have sensitive acne prone skin, run for the hills, this is not for you. This irritated my skin- the fragrance, the ingredients the granules. I even went to try this in the shower and didnt feel it was an amazing product. Me and Volcanic Ash Exfoliator are not friends and never will be.

on 6/15/2014 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Mine came in a tube, not in a tub like the picture above. I couldn't wait to try this stuff out because I love exfoliators. Since it is black, I decided to use it in the shower so it didn't make a mess all over my sink. The scrubbies are really fine and literally dissolved right after I put it on. The reason I rated it so low is because of the scent. My God. I couldn't stand to have it on my face for more than 10 seconds. It smells rancid to me. There was another MAC exfoliator called Microfine Refinisher, and was awesome but they don't make it anymore. I really loved that one. This one is crap.

Not worth the money. Too many downfalls to justify spending the money on something a drugstore product could do. The black colour is messy, strong smell, stings eyes if it gets even close to them and the sugar beads disolve very quickly which equals an overall unsatisfying scrub. I am all for natural 'beads' instead of the plastic ones now clogging waterways but this is not worth the price.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I loved this exfoliator! It's gentle and feels great on my skin as I'm exfoliating. It didn't give me any redness and my skin didn't feel dry (which sometimes happens with other exfoliators). My skin felt very refreshed and clean after use :)