Weleda Sea Buckthorn creamy Body Wash

Weleda Sea Buckthorn creamy Body Wash

4.5

Water (Aqua), Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Alcohol, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Glycerin, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Fragrance (Parfum)*, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil, Xanthan Gum, Lactic Acid, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citral*. * from natural essential oils

on 5/15/2018 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Meh.

I've used the Wild Rose body wash but wanted something that smelled a fresher for summer. I didn't notice anything bad the first couple of times I used this but the fragrance has a heavily synthetic tilt to it and smells nowhere near as citrusy as I'd like. The bottle says that there are notes of sandalwood but I really don't get anything but a plasticky grapefruit smell.

As far as the product's other purported benefits, it doesn't dry my skin out, nor does it seem to moisturize it. I'm sure I'll finish the bottle but I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this shower gel because of super positive reviews here and on Amazon, but it failed my expectations.
It has very very strong chemical smell, I can hardly use it because of it. Each time I try, I rinse it off ASAP.
It doesn't moisturize my skin nor provide any other benefits.
I used to love Clinique Body wash, but Clinique changed the formula. I didn't need to use a lotion after it. It was perfect and I had hope that this one is similar.
My search for perfect shower gel continues.

on 12/20/2014 3:25:00 PM

Mmm. Both me and my son love weleda shower creams. They are natural and moisturizing!!!

on 12/6/2014 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

This is my favourite body wash at the moment. Very mild - and I love the citrus smell.

I absolutely love this! Amazing smell and great consistency. A little bit goes a long way. A ma zing! Only downside is the price but well worth it I think.

on 9/26/2013 4:26:00 PM

Body wash is something most people don't give a whole lot of thought to, but I seem to have an odd sensitivity in a rather private spot that leads to a whole lot of discomfort if I use the wrong one. And I've found that probably 98% of the products out there are the "wrong ones" for me. High end, low end, super moisturizing, basic soap, even natural and "hypoallergenic" lines didn't work for me. (Burt's Bees Baby Wash was fine until they changed the formula to make it more organic and ruined it for me.) I was nervous about trying this stuff because it does have essential oils, which I think were part of the problem with a lot of the natural shower gels I had issues with. I do believe the claims that sea buckthorn has healing properties because this stuff is like magic for me. Hard to find in stores so I have to buy it online from Vitacost but, even with their good prices, this is not cheap, considering how quickly it goes. I always make sure I have a backup on hand because I'd be in trouble if I ran out! UPDATE: 4-1/2 years since my original review and this is still my holy grail!

on 4/7/2013 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I loooooove the smell of this shower gel ! It's a pick-me-up, have-a-nice-day kind of smell, and I really like it.

I found this shower cream at Winner's for 7$ so I think it's a pretty sweet deal. I'm not sure if I would pay the full price for it however. It doesn't lather much so I suggest you use it with a small towel and not a loofah. I used it with a loofah and that's probably my mistake because It didn't leave my skin as moisturized and as feeling fresh as I think it would.

I know that seabucktorn, for some people, is used to treat keratosis pilaris, however I didn't saw an amelioration on my arms for that aspect.

on 10/29/2012 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is my new favourite shower gel. I love the packaging (bright orange tube, yay happy showertime in the mornings!), the fact that it is easy to find where I live (supermarket or pharmacy) and the scent is divine to me. It's not too traditional "citrusy", but still fresh and zesty. I love it even in the autumn/winter. I also love the fact that it is SLS free and incredibly natural. I have gone through about 3 or 4 tubes of this since discovering it a few months ago, and will keep buying!

on 6/30/2012 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love love love the yummy smell it is not cloyingly sweet or icky, just soothing and refreshing! I have very sensitive skin and a sensitive nose, so when I choose body-care products, it can be tough. A lot of natural products which are good for my skin smell way too strong and make me nauseous. This is an exception. I use it just to wash my face and neck since it is so expensive, and it honestly feels like a smoothie going on. Just a pea-sized drop coats my face, jaw, neck, and behind my ears with a soothing, cleansing lather. It leaves my skin soft, hydrated, and clean. Smells amazing too.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I know that Sea Buckthorn is very good and healing for the skin. I also feel it after taking a shower and using this body wash, but the smell-sweet mother of God. As far as I've read, I see that everybody really likes the scent it has, but I just can't stand it. I love how my skin feels after using this body wash, but while I'm actually taking the shower, I just can't wait to wash the product off my body as soon as possible. If you decide to get it, definitely smell it first. If you like the scent, you will love this product, if you don't- it won't get any better in your shower.