L'Oreal Paris StudioLine Above It All Invisi Gel

No Image

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/27/2012 1:37:00 PM

I LOVE this gel. My waves are generally frizzy unless I put some serious hold products in and this gel is head and shoulders above any of the others and I have used everything. I put this in, twirl and shake the curls in, tie with a teeshirt for 30 minutes or so, and then blow dry with a diffuser until almost dry.

The difference between this and other gels is that the curls don't frizz out AT ALL during the drying phase, even if I use my hands to keep the definition in while drying. Every other gel gives me OK results or a frizzy mess - NOT this one. The waves stay together, smooth, and defined, and they stay that way all day.

No flakes either.

This stuff is a miracle, it really is. I am considering tossing out the 1.0045 million other gels I have on hand.

EDIT: I wrote this review quite some time ago, and had stopped using this gel in favor of other gels, and then just now went back to it again. WHY, WHY did I start using other stuff and forget about this? Best gel ever! Got the definition, smoothness, and defined waves I always go for and struggle to get with other products.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great product. I have been using Pureology and J Beverly Hills so needless to say this is much less expensive. I have wavy hair that I scrunch and use a diffuser to play up the waves and turn them into soft curls. I have been using products geared toward curly hair, but I think that I really need a product like this with amazing hold and control without being stiff. I was ready to cut my hair I was getting so frustrated with it. I am glad that I tried this product. It is my second day of using it and I am very happy with how my hair looks and how it holds up all day. I think that it would work for any hair style.

on 5/27/2008 2:31:00 AM

I tend to be pretty disappointed with styling products, but I love this "volumizing" gel. My hair is straight and thick, and if I don't do anything with it, it can look messy and/or poofy - I have trouble with volume at the ends and flat roots, which is exactly what I DON'T want. I apply this all over my hair when it's wet at night, raking my fingers through and scrunching it, then finger-comb my hair into the shape I want. I then let it air dry overnight. When I wake up in the morning, all I need to do is touch up my bangs and a few pieces with my flatiron. It gives it some volume on top, and texture all over, and holds my style without being crunchy or sticky. I've also used it when blowdrying, and it does just fine holding my style without letting my hair get too huge and poofy.

Popular Styling Products