NYX Round Lipstick in Pumpkin Pie #630

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I can't think of any negatives about this product. I wear it every day, it goes with every makeup look and is a very 'MLBB' shade. It layers well over lip liner, I put a pink one underneath if I want to amp it up more. It's very comfortable on the lips, very creamy. Does not show lip lines or bleed, kind of has a gel consistency. I've heard it's a dupe for Macs Shy Girl but I've never worn Mac so I don't know. But I love how affordable this is and it's cruelty free. Definitely will always keep in my purse!

on 8/20/2015 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This lipstick is super cheap but also super nice! It is a perfect peach-based nude shade. It applies quite sheer, but you can build it up so your natural lip colour can no longer be seen (2-3 coats). It has a glossy finish and feels comfortable on the lips. However, it is slightly drying, but does not cause flakiness. The colour is natural looking and be worn casually, everyday. It is a 'my-lips-but-better' colour. (I am NC20 for reference). The lipstick is scented of lemons, it isn't the nicest lemon scent, but it fades very quickly and has no taste. This colour is also a dupe of MAC's Shy Girl lipstick. I would recommend this colour and try other Nyx lipsticks.

on 12/8/2014 2:44:00 PM

I first heard about these lipsticks from cl2425 on youtube; she said they were very good especially for the price. I thought that I would like it just as much as her, so I went out and bought one. Good thing i didn't fall into temptation and buy more!

The formula is soooo buttery smooth. Unfortunately its so smooth that it settles immediately into lip lines/wrinkles and bleeds like no other. It feels like you're applying a stick of butter that's melting off your lips. In other words, it looks awful on my lips. AWFUL

The colour looks nice when applied sparingly. If you swipe the bullet on your lips, you get this nasty brown-brick-orange-pink that doesnt really compliment my skintone (Asian, light-medium, nc25-30).

on 8/19/2014 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

This was my first NYX lipstick purchase and I was highly disappointed in the color inconsistency. Granted I know things can look very different online but when I was actually in Ulta and grabbed the last two pumpkin pie lipsticks, both were two totally different colors and one of the tubes the lipstick was crushed! I ended it buying the tube that was not damaged. Upon application the color was extremely streaky and applied like a lip butter. It lasted just about as long and was a bit dying to my lips. I wasn't too big on the color either. Its a peachy nude with too much yellow tones for my sink tone. It's often troubling trying to find the perfect nude with a deep skin tone so I'm back to square one.

on 3/16/2014 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SHADE DESCRIPTION: true peach

PROS

- pigmented
- creamy
- not drying (not moisturizing either)

CONS

- can melt easily

COMMENTS: This is a true peach shade, so it's the perfect neutral. The formula is no different from the others in this line - very creamy, however this one doesn't make my lips feel dry.

Will repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Can we PLEASE take a moment to appreciate the sheer BEAUTY of this shade?

I like Nudes, Light Pinks, and anything in between and this is just OH MY ANGELS~ BEAUTIFUL

The texture is so beautifully smooth and creamy, it does not dry out my lips AT ALL which is amazing of course!

RECOMMEND? Of course! If you like the same colour range as I do! I am an NC20 and it works well on me, no harm trying if you are the same shade as me, Given the price (EVEN IN SINGAPORE!!!!).

on 4/30/2013 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

sooo returning this. this looked promising in the tube & in online pictures but on my pigmented lips it looked horrible. made me look sick/ghastly. its a very orangey/brown color and got into every single line on my lip, frosty too. not a pretty look against my NC42 skin. there is also ZERO pigmentation, not opaque at all. i had to swipe this over 5 times to get it to show up on my lips.

on 4/25/2013 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Unforutunately, I was very disappointed with this product. First, the colour was not what I thought it would be. It looks orangey in the tube but applies more pinky beige on my lips. The colour does not suit me at all.

It isn't very pigmented either, it requires a few layers to get decent colour payoff. The formula is very creamy and moisturising when you apply it, although shortly after it begins to sink badly into lip lines and highlights any dryness. It does not last long at all either.

The taste, is also pretty horrid. In my opinion, there is nothing worse than a lipstick you can taste. This one, really does taste of soap!

I wasn't expecting anything too amazing for the price, but I was really hopeful that it would be a nice cheap product, judging from the reviews.

I honestly don't think I could recommend this product. However, it seems like others really like NYX round lipticks and this particular shade. I don't think you have anything to lose by trying it given that it is so cheap.

on 4/1/2013 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this when looking for a nice nude for myself. I didn't like the smell - it's synthetic and bothers me. Same with the smell of all of the lipsticks in this line - and they taste what they smell. It's very creamy and pretty slippery - this can sound good, but for me it's definitely not - it leads to the lipstick sinking into my lines and crevices and look very uneven. I'm not a fan of the slippery feeling at all and I feel that because of the creaminess, I have no control over where this goes - I like my lipsticks to stay put.
My skin is light and has a yellow undertone - about NC15 in MAC. I thought something orange-toned may suit me, but nooo... the colour looks too light and too bright coral on me and makes me look like my lips have died. Orange-coloured darker colours suit my face, but not this! I think it may be because I have olive toned skin, and the lipstick just makes it look greenish in comparison. Someone with a neutral skin tone may like this.
I have no clue about the lasting power as I would never manage to actually wear this because of the look, the feel and the smell/taste. If you absolutely want to wear this, you may want to test out earth angel - it's shimmery (requires matte skin) and more sheer, but more wearable IMO.

on 3/10/2013 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

asian, lighter than nc15
I do not know why this lipstick shade is not more popular! I immediately compared it to MAC's shy girl. I love the consistency of pumpkin pie WAY better. It is SO smooth and pigmented! MAC's shy girl is a creme sheen, and even if your lips are not that chapped, it shows your lines very easily. This nyx one however, is so silky and light, yet with amazing color payoff. MAC's shy girl is more of a muted peach, while nyx pumpkin pie is not bright, but slightly more fresh. They are very similar, but are by no means dupes. Personally I think pumpkin pie is more wearable!