NYX Round Lipstick in Pumpkin Pie #630

Filtered by skin type : Normal
NYX Round Lipstick in Pumpkin Pie #630

3.8

on 9/2/2015 4:17:00 PM

Luckily it is a cheap lipstick because the formula is not good. It is too slick, settles in my creases immediately, doesn't stay on, and drys out my lips. The color is nice but the formula ruins everything.

on 8/20/2015 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This lipstick is super cheap but also super nice! It is a perfect peach-based nude shade. It applies quite sheer, but you can build it up so your natural lip colour can no longer be seen (2-3 coats). It has a glossy finish and feels comfortable on the lips. However, it is slightly drying, but does not cause flakiness. The colour is natural looking and be worn casually, everyday. It is a 'my-lips-but-better' colour. (I am NC20 for reference). The lipstick is scented of lemons, it isn't the nicest lemon scent, but it fades very quickly and has no taste. This colour is also a dupe of MAC's Shy Girl lipstick. I would recommend this colour and try other Nyx lipsticks.

So i ordered this off a website where i got it for three bucks, i guess the price is okay.
But i cant stand the taste of this? hallelujah? its kind of perfume-y and the colour doesnt suit me so well even if im an NW20 and i read here that people with this skin colour or darker like this a lot... maybe i will become friends with it in summer when i usually become a little darker so the colour might pop more ;) but now my face just look so messy with this on, im kind of disappointed. what ever for the price i will make use of it somehow, somewhen.
but i quite like the texture of it ... at least.

on 7/27/2012 7:00:00 AM

I bought this initially on a whim off the internet when I was looking for a cheap lipstick. That having been said, this is one of my favourites now that I use on a daily basis.

PRICE - I got this off the internet for 28HKD, which is cheap even when compared to drugstore makeup

PACKAGING - comes in a small, convenient black plastic form

COLOUR - PERFECT. Don't you hate it when your lips get too red? I do, and so this is a great natural pink on me. I've seen that a lot of people define it as a nude colour, but on me it's quite warm, and not orangey at all unlike what the name suggests.

MOISTURISING - this on a scale of 1 to 5 would be 0. If you have have dry lips with cracks forget about this. All Nyx Round Lipsticks have great colour but they tend to sink in around cracks (unless you apply on top of lipbalm). Also, although I find this to be creamy enough upon application, it does not moisturise in any way at all.

STAYING POWER - okay this really cuts points for me. It's expected that lipstick doesn't stay after meals, but this really doesn't stay for that long even without drinking or eating. I'd recommend using this on top of lipbalm and maybe clear gloss to seal it, which ends up working a whole lot better. However I would still buy this again just for the price and colour.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I give it 5 stars because it looked BEAUTIFUL on my latest portraiture model, a young tan asian girl. The lipstick topped with another NYX megashine lip gloss in "Perfect", was utterly perfection. But if it were on me, I would give it 3 stars because it is bit too orangy for my fairer olive complexion, but a great color in itself.

on 6/16/2012 2:05:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this is great. kind of a peachy nude color. without liner it looks very natural and light.
cons: pretty bad lasting power, not much product, sheer
pros: great color, natural/nude, semi-glossy, cheap!
($4 @ ulta)
i use it with rimmel's tiramisu lip liner and it gives the darker nude look that i'm looking for. i think this is great for the price, and a beautiful natural look for medium skin tones like myself (NC 30)

on 1/3/2012 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I really had high hopes for this color. Everyone's been raving about it and I just had to go and try it myself. I'm an NC30-35 and I've been looking for a great nude lipstick.

You see, my lips are a bit bluish and purplish as I was born with a heart defect. But since the reviews are so good, I thought it would be good on me as well....sadly, the colors dont show on my lips :( It looked like an ugly gloss and was very uneven no matter how many coats i put on :(

on 12/28/2011 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this color!!!

- My skintone is about a NW30 foundation color in mac and this is the prettiest color lipstick i have had in a LONNNGGG time...
Its smooth to apply, not sticky at all and very creamy (maybe a little to creamy for sometimes)
But its nothing i care to dwell on.

The only fault i can really find is the taste and smell of it. It does smell like a cheap lipstick HA! But hey - it is super cheap! What ya gunna complain about now? :-)

on 6/30/2011 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an okay lipstick. I have to apply a lot of product to get some color since it was too sheer for me. And even so, it barely shows up on my lips. It wasn't what I thought it was going to be but it does make a MLBB lipstick.

on 5/21/2011 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a great, everyday color. I would describe it as a peachy neutral. I usually wear this with my NYX mega shine lip gloss in smokey look and it looks great. My two complaints about this product; the taste and the frostiness. First, the taste is like detergent, absolutely awful. Luckily the mega shine conceals the bad taste. Second, I would not wear this without a lip gloss over it because of the frostiness. It can look quite garish without it.