NYX Round Lipstick in Pumpkin Pie #630

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/4/2014 10:35:00 PM

A streaky, sheer color that smells like dish soap. I bought this as a newbie and didn't realize that all the pictures taken of this lipstick show how streaky and "milky" it is. The lighter colors of the lipstick settle in the creases of your lips and because of the slippery texture, it's impossible to layer. The texture is difficult to work with and is almost waxy, but not moisturizing or thin like a lip balm.

The soap smell and taste is awful. I was going to try layering it with another lipstick, but the scent was just bad. I considered giving it away, but couldn't inflict such a bad lipstick on anyone. Apparently, the scent only occurs in some lipstick batches, but is common enough for many other reviewers to mention it. I got one of the newer lipsticks that had a seal.

I like the texture of this lipstick and the price but this color is too orang for my cool skin tone. Just not a good color for me at all. It would definitely be better on warmer skin tones.

I'm not sure why some people are calling this color a nude...to me, it's a slightly shimmery, pale peach with a hint of pink. The color is light, but not like any nude that I've worn, those tend to be beige or brownish toned with no shimmer at all. These lipsticks are fantastic because if you end up not liking it, you haven't spent much, but the texture and quality rivals much more expensive brands. I don't know how they do it, I'm just glad that they do.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this color. It is a fleshy peach shade with a pink undertone and pink shimmer. So unique! It looks very pretty paired with NYX Mega Shine lip gloss in Smokey Look. This is a particularly nice shade to wear in the daytime as it is not too bold, but is still pigmented enough to give your lips color.

This shade is one of my absolute favorites of all of the NYX round lipsticks! Love it!

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This lipstick is a frosty mess although it looked quite pretty in the tube. Who would have thought that a medium tone burnt/dark orange lipstick would not look good on a WOC (i.e. woman of color)? It just doesn't make sense. I wish NYX would get better color swatches on their site and list if a product (in this case a lipstick) is either a matte, cream or frost -- this information would be so helpful.

I bought 12 NYX Round Lipsticks from ebay for $17.00 which comes out to approx. $1.45 a piece -- the best price on the internet.

on 3/24/2009 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Really great for a 60s look. Not too orange or too light... just the perfect peach I have been searching for!