NYX Round Lipstick in Pumpkin Pie #630

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/8/2014 2:44:00 PM

I first heard about these lipsticks from cl2425 on youtube; she said they were very good especially for the price. I thought that I would like it just as much as her, so I went out and bought one. Good thing i didn't fall into temptation and buy more!

The formula is soooo buttery smooth. Unfortunately its so smooth that it settles immediately into lip lines/wrinkles and bleeds like no other. It feels like you're applying a stick of butter that's melting off your lips. In other words, it looks awful on my lips. AWFUL

The colour looks nice when applied sparingly. If you swipe the bullet on your lips, you get this nasty brown-brick-orange-pink that doesnt really compliment my skintone (Asian, light-medium, nc25-30).

on 12/4/2014 10:35:00 PM

A streaky, sheer color that smells like dish soap. I bought this as a newbie and didn't realize that all the pictures taken of this lipstick show how streaky and "milky" it is. The lighter colors of the lipstick settle in the creases of your lips and because of the slippery texture, it's impossible to layer. The texture is difficult to work with and is almost waxy, but not moisturizing or thin like a lip balm.

The soap smell and taste is awful. I was going to try layering it with another lipstick, but the scent was just bad. I considered giving it away, but couldn't inflict such a bad lipstick on anyone. Apparently, the scent only occurs in some lipstick batches, but is common enough for many other reviewers to mention it. I got one of the newer lipsticks that had a seal.

on 4/30/2013 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

sooo returning this. this looked promising in the tube & in online pictures but on my pigmented lips it looked horrible. made me look sick/ghastly. its a very orangey/brown color and got into every single line on my lip, frosty too. not a pretty look against my NC42 skin. there is also ZERO pigmentation, not opaque at all. i had to swipe this over 5 times to get it to show up on my lips.

on 4/1/2013 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this when looking for a nice nude for myself. I didn't like the smell - it's synthetic and bothers me. Same with the smell of all of the lipsticks in this line - and they taste what they smell. It's very creamy and pretty slippery - this can sound good, but for me it's definitely not - it leads to the lipstick sinking into my lines and crevices and look very uneven. I'm not a fan of the slippery feeling at all and I feel that because of the creaminess, I have no control over where this goes - I like my lipsticks to stay put.
My skin is light and has a yellow undertone - about NC15 in MAC. I thought something orange-toned may suit me, but nooo... the colour looks too light and too bright coral on me and makes me look like my lips have died. Orange-coloured darker colours suit my face, but not this! I think it may be because I have olive toned skin, and the lipstick just makes it look greenish in comparison. Someone with a neutral skin tone may like this.
I have no clue about the lasting power as I would never manage to actually wear this because of the look, the feel and the smell/taste. If you absolutely want to wear this, you may want to test out earth angel - it's shimmery (requires matte skin) and more sheer, but more wearable IMO.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I'm not liking this shade because it's too unnatural. It is a orange based nude and looks wrong on me. Also, not sure if I got a bad tube but this one smelled rancid and the texture is slimey. I own a lot of NYX round l/s and they don't have this texture and smell.

on 1/3/2012 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I really had high hopes for this color. Everyone's been raving about it and I just had to go and try it myself. I'm an NC30-35 and I've been looking for a great nude lipstick.

You see, my lips are a bit bluish and purplish as I was born with a heart defect. But since the reviews are so good, I thought it would be good on me as well....sadly, the colors dont show on my lips :( It looked like an ugly gloss and was very uneven no matter how many coats i put on :(

on 3/1/2011 11:06:00 PM

This is just too pale for me to carry and I look very washed out and dead in it. I have tried using it to tone down darker shade of lip color but it is still not flattering but making it look even worse on me. I also have some concern on the mineral oil ingredients too and have since toss it into the bin! Will never repurchase.

on 1/17/2011 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading raves about this lipstick I finally found a tube at Ulta. I'm glad it was only $3.99 because it was awful on me. Totally washed out color (I'm NW20 for reference) and it was way too glossy so I got no color payoff. Thankfully it was cheap!! Out it goes.

on 5/14/2009 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is a nice color in the tube but on a GGG like me, it is much too pale. I think this is a perfect color if you have lighter, warm coloring like Jessica Simpson. Great if you actually aspire to the pale lippie look that was very Mod. However, pumpkin pie makes me look like a zombie that lived (or died?) in London circa 1964 while shopping at Biba for micro minis on a Vespa. But that's not my thing, baby.

on 9/2/2015 4:17:00 PM

Luckily it is a cheap lipstick because the formula is not good. It is too slick, settles in my creases immediately, doesn't stay on, and drys out my lips. The color is nice but the formula ruins everything.