Dior J'adore Absolu

Dior J'adore Absolu

3.7

on 1/30/2017 5:52:00 PM

I go through phases of loving the original J'adore .I feel it is somewhat weaker than the original Calice Becker formulation .
However , the Absolu version I believe by Demarchy is truly a 5 star fragrance.

I will say my bottle dates back to 2009 and knowing the history of reformulation in regards to Dior... I do not know how much the scent has changed in 2017 .

The scent I have is rich ,golden in color and golden in smell. Longevity is fantastic. It is in no way an anemic perfume lacking in body or notes.
All the notes of J'adore are amplified - more jasmine , more ylang .. maybe tuberose in it ?
All together in the Absolu - it is literally a symphony. Absolutely stunning.

if you have prblems with the EDP version of J'adore and need something more full bodied I suggest
1.J'adore Absolu
2.J'adore Touche de Parfum ( the new oil based version - which is also very very good )

on 10/16/2013 11:00:00 AM

I do love this scent, but it's a rehash. Might as well just get the original J'adore. I don't give it three stars because it stinks or anything, but I give it three stars for selling a scent that's difference is minute and ineffective. When companies do this sort of thing, they should mark the price down. It shouldn't sell for as much as the original.

Also, this has almost no staying power.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I actually love the scent of this perfume. But after about 2-3 hours of wearing it, the scent became stale. I'm not sure whether it's just me, but that's what I got. It's funny because when I sprayed it on the tester paper, the scent lingered for days without becoming stale. Maybe it just doesn't react well with my skin. A total waste of money; not cheap!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favorite version of J'adore. It is a fruity floral. This came out in 2007. Top notes are and ylang-ylang; middle notes are tuberose, jasmine and rose; base notes are fruity notes, musk and woodsy notes.

on 10/24/2008 10:55:00 PM

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I REALLY HOPE THAT THIS STAYS AND IS NOT A LIMITED EDITION!!!

MY BOYFRIEND'S FAVOURITE TOO!!!!!!

From Sephora: L'absolu

Radiant, sensual, sophisticated, J'adore is a fragrance that celebrates the renaissance of extreme femininity and the power of spontaneous emotion with a brilliant bouquet of orchids, the velvet touch of Damascus plum, and the mellowness of amaranth wood.

This limited edition fragrance is a unique interpretation of J'adore Eau de Parfum, enhacing the intensity of the floral notes with "flower absolutes" of Jasmine, Rose, Tuberose, and Ylang-Ylang.
Notes:
Mandarin, Champaca Flowers, Ivy, African Orchid, Rose, Violet, Damascus Plum, Amaranth Wood, Blackberry Musk.
Style:
Confident. Sensual. Feminine.

***

What I think: Definitely out of all the ones I spritzed on me, this was the strongest and had the most sillage. Outpowered and outlasted MJ Daisy, Guerlain Eau de Shalimar and EA Mediterranean. Soapy, floral, bit powderly. Not that original. Someone on the board said rotten fruits... I'll be kind and say very ripened fruits.

I miss the Summer Edition though. That was nice.

Popular Fragrances