L'Oreal Paris Quick Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this a couple weeks ago and it has become a must have for me. It keeps my face oil free during the day, even if I am sweating it really helps to control it and still manages to look natural afterwards. It also helps set my blush which for some reason likes to run down my face. ^.^ Will definitley repurchase if I ever find it again. The BigLots where I live has trouble keeping it instock!

on 2/22/2009 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got this in Pale for $2.50 at Big Lots and I really wanted to like it b/c it's my color... but this is horrible to use- am i supposed to dab it and blend with my fingers? Swiping it doesn't work. Whenever I touch it to my face it seems to pick up all my moisturizer instead of depositing color

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a good powder :) The description on the box " A Totally New Spin on Powder. The unique dome shape allows for direct-on-skin application for a fresh, fast matte finish. Contains oil absorbing microsponges to defy shine. Shine free finish lasts for hours. Oil free. To use: Apply domed powder directly to face. Blend with fingertips, Product can also be applied with a brush or a puff :) This have 4.5g of product :) For starters, I have this in "Pale" and it matches my fair skin well. This controls shine, and I only have to blot once a day :) As expected with most other powders, this don't give much coverage :) However, on light days, I can just put this on over tinted moisturizer and off I go to school :) On packaging-wise, I like the concept as it is something different :) However, a small piece of sponge is mixed into the powder to act as a scaffold to hold the powder together :) When I was using it at the beginning, I always wondered what it is inside :) As a result, I always feel slightly scratchy when this is applied directly to my face :) As a result of the sponge, it is difficult to pick up the powder well even with a brush or a sponge :) I don't have this problem with the other powders that I have :) Halfway using it, the powder crumbled as there is no pan at the bottom supporting it :) I removed the sponge, and use another sponge for application like loose powder :) One way which they can improve on this is to put a normal pan directly underneath instead of a sponge for support :) I like the powder, and the concept, but technically this is just too much of a hassle for me to deal with :) Will try the other powders by L'Oreal but will not be repurchasing this one :)
Ingredients: Talc, Calcium Sulfate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Dimethicone, Aqua/ Water, Polysorbate 20, Ceytl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Isopropylparaben, Sodium Citrate, Isobutylparaben, Buthylparaben. May Contain: CI77163/ Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, CI77492, CI77491, CI77499/ Iron Oxides, CI73360/ D&C Red No. 30, CI75470/ Carmine, CI77510/ Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI77007/ Ultramarines, CI19140/ FD&C Yellow No. 5 Aluminum Lake, C558328 CP

on 10/2/2005 8:46:00 PM

I found this at Big Lots yesterday for only 1.99 and thought what the heck....I remember when it came out a few years ago but I never tried it. It turns out to be pretty good...especially for your purse! If you just dot it on and then blend with finger tips it looks great! I plan on going back and getting more in the morning!

I got this at the dollar store and it was a great find! I have combination skin where my t-zone and chin gets just a little oily. This had pretty good staying power and my face didn't appear oily at all even after several hours long. The container is great small and compact. It is like the size of a golf ball. When i apply i use it on my cheek bone, forehead, a dab on my nose and chin and then i blend with my fingers. I dont over apply. Sometimes i use my brush for it. Overall, i will buy this again. $1.00US thats a great price!

I like the concept of this but you still have to use a brush or sponge to apply correctly, but the powder is awesome!!!!! Great coverage and the pale is perfect for me. I got mine for a buck so the price was great. I'm gonna go get a few more of these babies!!!!

on 5/30/2005 11:24:00 PM

I found these for $1 each and they had a color that was perfect for my skin so I bought 5.It's very silky but has great coverage.It's an interesting concept.I do however miss using a puff or brush to even it out all over but I can always give my face a bit of a fluff after it's on.It's small but there seems to be a good amount of product.The smaller case makes it easy to carry in a tiny purse though.

on 1/25/2005 2:22:00 PM

Neat product. It's shaped like a mushroom about the size of a golf ball. You hold the stem part and rub the domed part on your face. The idea is quick application and eliminating the need for a puff. It's pretty good and silky powder, but the mushroom head (ha ha) is a bit wide to do the sides of your nose. However, you use your fingers to blend anyway.

on 11/30/2003 12:15:00 AM

This is a alright power, absorb oil okay. I got it for a very good price [only $2CAN] the product is design in a dome shape so you could apply it on your face w/o a brush but I use one for better blending. Update: The container crack when it fell on the foor. It also started to produce this funky smell, so I threw it out.

Provides a nice sheer, matte finish. It's this really cool little purple thing you just rub on your face--no brush, no sponge...it's great for when you don't have a lot of time!