Caudalie Beauty Elixir

3.4

Aqua (Water), Alcohol*, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Water*, Glycerin*, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil*, Potassium Alum, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil*, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Oil*, Commiphora Myrrha Extract*, Styrax Benzoin Resin Extract*, Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint) Leaf Oil*, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil*, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract*, Citral*, Citronellol*, Farnesol*, Geraniol*, Limonene*, Linalool*. *Plant Origin

I am not going to repurchase this and heres why

Pros-
Makes skin look more radiant
Non greasy
Pretty packaging

Cons-
Strong herbal weird smell
Price
Alchohol content irritated my skin
Skin felt a bit tight

I much prefer mario badescu cucumber green tea spray

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I tested this mist at Sephora and it felt soothing and refreshing. I can't tell if what they say really works because I couldn't wait to wipe it off. The fragrance really got to me. It was too strong and I really didn't like it. I must have a weird nose because the SA said we must be only two that didn't like the smell. Might be the rosemary? Everyone else really likes the scent.

I had the same issue with Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Cleanser. I wish any fragrance they use would dissipate after a short while.

Skin Inc. mist has barely any smell but costs more. Pixi mists are cheaper with more variety and is more effective. Avene springwater is my HG staple and can be paired with any other mists or skincare :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I wouldn’t say this product is a necessity. I got it as part of a set of various skincare products to try. I used it mainly when I overexfoliated my face with too many topicals. I didn’t find it added any moisture to my face. I use it even after my face healed, I wouldn’t say it’s the end all be all. I like to use it on makeup free days mainly. The smell is lovely. I don’t think I’d buy it again as it’s not a necessity.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

My skin is not sensitive and I can put almost everything on my face. But this left me with a lasting burning sensation... I've tried different combination of products under it to eliminate possible clash between them (and I'm not brave enough to try it on my bare skin) and I've always felt the really unpleasant burning and stinging.

Probably completely unnecessary but I can’t lie, I really enjoy this product. The smell is super refreshing and it adds what feels like the perfect final touch to the end of my evening skincare routine. Love how fine the mist is too. Excessive but would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

With 'alcohol' as the 2nd ingredient on the list and potentially irritating 'Rosemary' and 'Peppermint oil' trailing not too far behind, I'm not sure what the product development team behind the Caudalie brand were thinking when they formulated this one! As it isn't too pricey for a 1oz bottle, I decided to purchase the small size to trial although by day 3 of using I found this too drying and slightly irritating for my face. Gave up by the following day and consigned it to my 'has been' closet. Fragrance is also quite high up on ingredients list so possibly that too caused a problem as my skin can be fussy with overly fragranced products. It's like the 'who's who' of potential irritants in here. Glad I didn't splash out on the full size.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I've read quite tons of reviews on this Elixir and decided to give it a try.
For me it's a little bit overhyped of this one. It's definitely a game-changer but not life-changing product.

I use it as a toner. That is after cleansed, before serum and moisturizer, in some morning.
I'd say it made me glow quite nicely/ radiant with my makeup on. Makeup lasts longer.
It's a luxury that I don't think I need it everyday of my life. Just on a special one. or on a day that I feel my face quite dull.
And I found a mineral water spritz also could do the job.

When putting it on, with so fine a mist it does feel good. But I have to close my eye for a bit longer after finishing misting it on my face as it stung my eyes, because of those mint ingredients. And mind you it does smell like a tiger balm, which will fade out in minutes. So I don't feel it that offputting.

One thing I found that it might be good if they also have a travel-friendly bottle version one.

All in all, it's a good product to have if you have your money to splurge on.

Did not work.

I used to gym near a Sephora and would pop in and spritz this freely on my face (cheapskate me). I always loved products with essential oils as they worked well . But sadly Not this . This leaves my skin feeling irritated , tight and uncomfortable in a bad way . I kept trying it out as I wanted to buy it , but it constantly felt bad on My skin

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very nice luxury product. Feels incredibly refreshing on skin - mostly due to the menthol/peppermint oil included in the formula. The claims for this product are extravagant, and I don't believe that it can do much for you in the long term. It's just fancy overpriced water with essential oils, alcohol and glycerin. No studies back up the claims that this brand makes about this "elixir". I mainly purchased this due to the fine mister/atomizer in hopes to reuse the bottle for my own "setting spray" formulation.. however I was disappointed to learn that it can not be opened or refilled, presumably to prevent customers from returning the product with just refilled water. Overall I'd say that this is not worth the price. It's lovely to have, but 100% unnecessary. You can make your own setting spray with glycerin and distilled or rose water for a few dollars.