Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Underage Red

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Underage Red
Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Underage RedEverlasting Liquid Lipstick in Underage Red

3.9

All Kat von D's Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks have fantastic staying power, great dense pigment that lasts for hours in spite of eating, and cruelty-free too. They don't bleed unless you use a liner or gloss which will spoil their staying power. The only problem is getting exactly the right colour, there are so many to choose from. These are the only lipsticks I will use now, much better staying power than the more expensive ones (Clinique, Clarins, Estee Lauder, YSL etc) that I tried before they resumed animal testing to comply with laws in China.

on 2/12/2016 4:40:00 AM

This isn't great IMO. It's a bright red, pulls slightly yellow undertoned on me, so is a little off with my complexion. And for an everlasting lipstick, it doesn't last at all! This stays wet on my lips like a normal liquid lipstick so when I ate a croissant this morning an hour after applying, it transferred to the croissant and I ended up with a pastry covered in red lipstick and the dreaded 'ring' of colour around the outside of my mouth. Not good enough at all!

Plus this is hard to apply precisely with the wand and very smeary, which is a bad combination!

on 1/7/2015 10:40:00 AM

First off I love lipsticks and lip glosses and I have many but I don't often wear them just because I hate the feeling of having something on my lips besides lip balm. So when I do wear lipstick or gloss, I don't want to have to mess with it too much. I hate reapplying or worry about it transferring. I love the Kat Von D liquid lipsticks because they don't move once they are on and they last for hours and hours. This is my third liquid lipstick, I had originally purchased carnation pink and the bright orange one and while I loved how they applied and wore, I hated the colors on me. I am very pale and have medium brown hair with blue eyes. I don't wear a lot of reds just because I tend to look bad in them. I always thought I needed a blue based red but I actually prefer the look of a yellow based red for myself. My problem is that a lot of reds tend to be too bright on me. Underage red is a neutral red, it's not too cool or warm. The color is not overpowering either. This is a nice flattering red. I can see it being universally flattering. I would recommend applying a clear lip liner under this because it will stain your lips. After application and dry down, I was able to eat and drink with minimal transfer. After about an hour, I needed a small touch up on the inner area of my lips. I didn't have any problem with the migrating. I have photos of myself at parties in red lipstick where my hair slid across my lips and dragged a line of red across my cheek and of course, no one tells you when that happens and you end up walking around like a dumb ass. This lipstick is dumb ass proof and that's what I need at this stage in my life.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a sucker for red lipsticks. This one is absolutely gorgeous but it really isn't anything special. The packaging is beautiful. It isn't my most reached for. The formula is very dry (I'm not a huge fan of dry lipsticks, but that is a personal preference). The color is very pretty though.

I really like this lip stain

on 12/28/2014 8:13:00 PM

This is a beautiful red that I find looks good on most skin tones which is great for me because I am fair skinned and only like a certain kind of red. If you're looking for that true red color, go for this. It is everything a red lipstick should be; flattering, long lasting, beautifully pigmented.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Warning; Kat Von D's UNDERAGE RED Painted Love lipstick is R-E-D, wallflowers need not apply. On me it applies as a bright shade of crimson, but it loses a star for the fact that the bright tones dry down slightly to a raspberry shade after a few hours wear.

Also; It is similar to the Kat Von D Painted Love lipstick shade 'Hellbent' [I have pictures for both product reviews and it's hard to tell the difference].

I love the matt finish to this shade, that dries like a stain. I can eat and drink, but the raspberry stain will still stay on my lips for hours with no touch-ups; No feathering and the colour will still look even. My lips are dry, but the formula doesn't flake.

I also love the eye-catching black case with the sliver rose design and the clear base to the tube - it makes finding the right shade in my makeup bag easy.

on 3/19/2011 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I got this lipstick with 2 other (a nude and a dark crimson) at Sephora on sale for $15....super good deal. I had been eyeing Kat Von D products, but never purchased anything prior so when I saw these lipsticks on sale I had to take the opportunity.

This is NOT your mother's lipstick! I love the packaging MOST of all. The lipstick is creamy and wears well enough for me as I am not really a lipstick gal. This lipstick is bright and wears well alone and with a gloss. I gave it 3 lippies, because I don't wear it much.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Very pretty red. This is one of my go to red lippies. It is creamy, non drying (& i'm prone to dry lips), and has pretty good staying power. I can easily apply this without a lip liner and it still looks great and doesn't bleed. I like to pair this lipstick with a peachy toned blush which compliments it very well. I got this as a sample and I will buy the full tube when it runs low.

Personally I love Kat Von D and I've tried a few of her lipsticks. Hellbent is one of my favorites. This lipstick is reallly red and it has a pretty matte finish. For me, it can be a little drying but otherwise I really like it. I usually use a colorless lip liner so it doesn't seem to bleed much.

Overall it's a gorgeous color and it's one of my go-to red lipsticks.