MAC Cosmetics Sheertone Shimmer Blush in X-Rocks (Neo Sci-Fi 2008) ] [DISCONTINUED]

X-rocks..new love!Sheertone Shimmer Blush in X-Rocks (Neo Sci-Fi 2008) ] [DISCONTINUED]Sheertone Shimmer Blush in X-Rocks (Neo Sci-Fi 2008) ] [DISCONTINUED]Sheertone Shimmer Blush in X-Rocks (Neo Sci-Fi 2008) ] [DISCONTINUED]MAC X-Rocks

4.7

This is a lovely blush but a but tricky to wear.
You need a light hand if you are lighter than maybe
NC 35.
It doesn't get as much use as I should give it.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this. This is my #1 blush in my entire collection. It's the most flattering blush I have ever found against my medium golden skin w/yellow undertones. It's a gorgeous medium plum/berry bronze with a nice sheen. What I love about this blush is that I can wear it on its own and it will instantly bring warmth and light to my face. I can get away with less makeup because it just makes my face glow. Not a light, girly color. I'd say it's more of a sophisticated shade. The texture is super silky. The color can't be duped. If you can still get your hands on one of these, snatch it up quick!

NC30 for reference

EDIT 1/20/14: Im now an NC25 and still love this unique glowy rosey bronze blush. Especially in the summer.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

It's a warm plummy shade on my NC40 skin, extremely pigmented! The shimmer is pretty intense too. You really need a light hand with this blush or it will look like you have a brown/purple shimmer bomb on your face. However, if you put it on correctly, it's lovely, it makes you look perfectly sun-kissed. I probably wouldn't use this in the winter unless it was a special occasion, but in the summer it's a must have. I find that the staying power is amazing, I've worn it for 13 hours with only slight fading at ages. I always get compliments when I wear this, and people have even asked to purchase it from me, to which I politely declined, because I really love this blush. I don't usually like brown-toned blushes on my skin, but the color of this blush is so unique that I would even describe it as my perfect HG summer blush. If I ever run out, I would buy this again and again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

X-Rocks is an amplified version of Benefit's Dallas to me. The color (though the blush is supposed to be sheertone) is quite intense and it takes very little to have a nice wash of color on the cheeks. Personally, I prefer this blush on me when I am tan. When I am pale as I am now, the color is a bit too much on my cheeks. I think that I will wait until the summer to wear X-Rocks again. Ladies with olive and golden tans would look wonderful with this. Those with a lighter complexion may find it too overwhelming.

As I only really use this blush several months a year and it is so pigmented that I don't use much product when I apply, my package is basically brand new and will probably last me years, so I would not repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I don't like this blush for everyday, but on special occasions when I want my cheeks to really pop. The shimmer is a little overbearing. My friend asked me why I had glitter on my cheeks. Ugh! The color kind of has a plum undertone, and it's very pigmented. If your going to use this, a little goes a long way.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

i am sooo in love with this blush and i just got it today,lol. it is so pretty, it goes with my skintone very well(i am medium brownskin afr.amer). this will definately be my go to blush when i do get dolled up. i am just getting into blush so this is only my second one, im looking forward to getting a couple from the nars brand.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I used this obsessively when I first got it. You have to becareful with this or it can look muddy. I only use this in the summer when I'm tanned even though I can wear it all year around if I used a stippling brush. I just prefer the way it looks on tan skin. I would repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have NW25-30 skin, and despite the shimmer in this product, I use it for contouring my cheeks. It's a gorgeous color, and the pigmentation is awesome. When my skin gets darker from the sun in the summer, this works well as a regular blush. It's so versatile for many different skin tones. The packaging doesn't hurt either -- I can always find this in my bag when I'm traveling. I just wish this would last a tiiiiny bit longer...

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

This is my HG blush. On my skin it's a deep plum with shimmer (NC42-44). The perfect blush for any time of the year. I will be getting a backup soon from my CCO because it is a limited edition shade.

Why is this LE? I found this at my CCO and I cannot believe that I actually considered not getting it. I love this blush. Def HG material for me. It warms me up when I am looking dull. If I am feeling blah this is what I grab for.