Cinema Secrets Ultimate Foundation Primer

Cinema Secrets Ultimate Foundation Primer

4.4

Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Homosalate, Fragrance (Parfum), Matricaria Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Tea Tree Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Safflower Seed Oil, Sunflower Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Apricot Kernal Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tribehenin, Ceramide 2, PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Caprylyl Glycol

on 7/2/2014 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used this primer in TV/Film makeup school and it was the first primer I ever used. I remember I wasn't impressed with it at all. The rest of the students purchased a different primer and I remember it was more versatile and felt lighter and looked a lot nicer than this primer.

Like many primers I felt this did nothing for the makeup application. I felt it just added an extra layer of heaviness to the cream makeup we were applying in class. I tried to use this with my liquid foundation and it did nothing for the application...not that I noticed, at least.

Overall I think this was a pretty average silicone primer. I wasn't wowed. I don't even think I used it up. I see there are some that find this really works for them so I would say try it out because it is an affordable product.

on 3/26/2013 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product. I been trying different types of primers and moisturizers to wear under my makeup and I must say that this is the best. I have combination skin and recently have had a moderate break out, (my dermatologist says welcome to 30). This primer feels like velvet on my face, you just need a pea size to put on your face. Let it dry for 60 seconds and your foundation glides easily across your face and I have noticed that I don't use as much as foundation either. My make up lasts all day long, I don't have to reapply powder or blot my t-zones. I ordered mine from camera ready cosmetics based on the reviews. Only con is that its in a glass bottle. I am about to order 5 more just to have in stock in case Cinema Secrets get creative and decided to alter the formula. It is worth it and not overly expensive. I wear makeup daily. Its so lightweight, non greasy and it literally feels like velvet on your face. Even with my breakout, I am able to do an even foundation application easily.

I've tried tons of products on myself and clients and have always had to settle for "okay" results. In fact because some primers, even the expensive ones, are so slimy, I've wondered if there were even necessary at all. Well, that all changed after this past weekend. I went to a makeup artist convention in Orlando, FL and was on a mission to find the perfect primer. I sent to Make Up Forever, Stila, you name it and they all seemed to just lay on my skin until I ran across the Cinema Secrets. I put it on my hand and didn't even have time to ask the girl how much it cost before it was completely absorbed. I thought it was a trick so I did it again and just stared at it while I was doing it and my skin just drank it up plus for $20, how horrible could it be with foundation. Again, the next morning before heading to the convention again, I used it as part of my makeup routine and again, WOW...amazing stuff. This has not become my permanent go to foundation!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is a great product. I cant give it 5 lippies because I really wish it had sunscreen. However, it is one of the most affordable sillicone-based primers out there, and it does its job. My powder foundation lasted through a workout and a shower where I forgot to wash my face! I think it's less than $20 on the website too, for over 1 fl oz. Highly recommend, especially for powder foundations.

It's not super effective at controlling oil, but it doesn't add oil either. I have combination skin, and my forehead just has a slight sheen after 6 hours.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love the product, but I hate the packaging. I've bought this primer twice, and both times- after several weeks of use- it "spurts out" the product, so it flies out on the floor, mirror, etc. For a somewhat pricey product ($25, last I checked), this is a problem. I end up using far more than I want just attempting to get a usable amount out of the cylinder. It's enough for me to consider another brand next time I need primer.

on 10/28/2010 11:19:00 PM

This is simply the BEST primer ever.... it's just like anything else.. and a million times better than all the others... this is my first review ever and i do it cuz this is the isht!!!
put your smashbox or whatever else your using in the trash and run for this...

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

After a few months of using this I've decided to stop and my face is already glad. I can't really pinpoint what it is about the primer that didn't work for me, but at first I loved it. It disappears and doesn't feel heavy. I can't say that it really made a huge difference in the way I put makeup on or how it looked. After a few months my skin was just looking tired and dull despite getting facials and exfoliating and everything. Since I've stopped using the primer I've noticed a difference. I am going back to the tried and true foundation I used to use but took a break from because it was really pricey. Now I see that it's worth the price!

I've tried a lot of primers, but this remains my favorite. It glides over the skin easily and makes wrinkles and pores fade into the background. It also helps keep my face from becoming an oil slick during the day and so my foundation stays on a lot longer and looks better. The smell of the product is...um...unusual (to me it smells somewhat like Right Guard deodorant?) but that fades quickly and the other benefits of CS Primer make me overlook that issue. Bonus points also for the hygenic pump dispenser that shows exactly how much product remains in the bottle. I will definitely buy this again when I run out; it is worth finding. I purchased mine from Camera Ready Cosmetics online and was happy with their service.

This foundation primer is really good, however I just can't get over the smell. It smells like a musky old lady. If the product was amazingly great, the smell would be a small sacrifice I would be willing to make, however I feel that the smashbox photo finish primers work just as well and are actually cheaper and more convenient for me to get, plus they don't have a scent...back to smashbox it is.

on 1/24/2010 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this in a swap, not because I knew anything about it, but really just because I was curious. I have tried a lot of primers--MUFE, Laura Mercier, MAC, Urban Decay, Too Faced, Smashbox, Pixi, etc.--and although some were decent, none of them ever wowed me until Cinema Secrets. To tell the truth, foundation primers are all pretty much the same with varying degrees of suckiness. Not Cinema Secrets Ultimate Foundation Primer!

First of all, the primer already feels divine when I apply it to my skin. It is silky, satiny, and matte without the powderiness or greasiness of some primers. The fragrance I can do without but it is pleasant and subtle enough that I can't taste it all day long in my mouth. Actually, I think I like the fragrance a lot now. It is not perfumey or plasticy or chemically. Sorry for making up all these words. Not being able to taste your makeup is always a good thing in my book. What I love the most is how the Ultimate Foundation Primer does not pill up on my face and my foundation goes on and stays on all day. Of course, careful application and lots of blending also help.

With the right foundation (NARS Sheer Glow and Dior Diorskin Nude at the moment) formula in the perfect color match, my skin looks flawless all day when I wear this primer. For me, this primer works equally well on my oilier and drier skin days as well as my normal days. For super dry, flaky skin days in the dead of winter, I need a super moisturizing moisturizer plus a moisturizing foundation so I skip the primer because it would be too much. Before Cinema Secrets, I understood the purpose of a foundation primer but nothing I tried ever worked so I thought primers were just a gimmick.

I also love that the primer comes in a vacuum pump. I absolutely love this foundation primer and highly recommend it. As other reviewers have mentioned, this primer is full of -cones so stay away if you are sensitive. I have not experienced any breakous in the last 3 months of using this primer almost daily but then again I am not sensitive to -cones.