Maybelline Expert Eyes Eyeshadow - Amethyst

Maybelline Expert Eyes Eyeshadow - Amethyst

4.2

Great eyeshadow! ❤ I use them everyday and have had them for awhile and have not notice any changes in the consistency. Great for beginners who want to experiment with different eyeshadow colors. This is by far my favorite drugstore eyeshadow☺ you get great payoff, amazing pigment, and it's inexpensive.

on 9/13/2017 11:56:00 AM

I use this as a liner. Makes my eyes brighten and lasts all day. Definitely recommend!

on 6/24/2015 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is a deep red-toned purple with a blue-ish pearl sheen to it and a very smooth formula.

I have had this shadow for several years now and there is a small dip in the center of my pan. I often would use this as a crease color paired with lighter purple shades. Since my collection of purple shadows has grown over the years, I haven't found myself reaching for it as much. But it is a beautiful purple shade. I just like blue-toned purples more than red-toned.

On a side note...while not 'exact', it is a close dupe for MELT Cosmetic's "Promiscuous" color from the Love Sick eyeshadow stack.
-to see my comparison swatches, check out my post in my makeup community: http://makeupreviewed.livejournal.com/296744.html

on 2/20/2014 4:43:00 PM

I think this product is being discontinued because it is getting harder to find and it's no longer on the maybelline website. I have the amethyst smokes palette and I like it but I hate that they changed the eyeshadow pan sizes, making the two colors I use the most in the smallest pans. this single is great to use, if you start to run low on the amethyst color in the smokes palette. overall I think this eyeshadow is a little weak on its own but add some eye primer and add a little water to the sponge applicator and it has good good pigmentation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is my favourite purple eyeshadow. I've tried others, but I keep coming back to Amethyst- it's warm enough without being plum, it has a beautiful shimmer, and it blends beautifully. It's my favourite "bright" colour to wear- though it's not too bright at all.

on 6/12/2011 10:07:00 PM

This color is ok. I love this shawdow in the Antique Jade. This color just does not look a good on me. I use it anyway when wearing purple. These shadows will fade, go on with very little pigmentation, crease, and suck in general if not used with an eyeshadow primer underneath. I use the Too Faced eyeshadow primer and it makes these shadows just pop with intense color and last all day. This is a fairly nice purple when paired with a primer.

Like my other experiences with this line of shadows, I really like the product itself -- it's long-lasting and blends well, and I scored it for $1 in a discount bin. That being said, as much as I love the colour in the package, I don't love it once it's actually on my skin. I'll probably use it all eventually, but I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This eyeshadow looks really good on me, which surprised me because I have pale skin and hazel eyes and was always told not to wear a color like this. But it made my eyes sparkle and it did flake a little, but eye primer solved that problem.

on 10/27/2010 12:18:00 AM

This is a pretty color but a little too dramatic and bright for my taste. I do like it as an eyeliner for my green eyes though - the purple really makes them pop.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really gorgeous purple color. Sadly I got this when I was just starting out with makeup and it's too dark for me to wear all over on my lid so I had to toss it. Now that I am more experienced I could have dipped my eyeliner brush in and used it as an eyeliner. I will repurchase this sometime again and use it as a liner or put a light shadow over it to tone down the color.