Maybelline Expert Eyes Eyeshadow - Amethyst

Maybelline Expert Eyes Eyeshadow - Amethyst

4.2

on 9/13/2017 11:56:00 AM

I use this as a liner. Makes my eyes brighten and lasts all day. Definitely recommend!

on 6/24/2015 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is a deep red-toned purple with a blue-ish pearl sheen to it and a very smooth formula.

I have had this shadow for several years now and there is a small dip in the center of my pan. I often would use this as a crease color paired with lighter purple shades. Since my collection of purple shadows has grown over the years, I haven't found myself reaching for it as much. But it is a beautiful purple shade. I just like blue-toned purples more than red-toned.

On a side note...while not 'exact', it is a close dupe for MELT Cosmetic's "Promiscuous" color from the Love Sick eyeshadow stack.
-to see my comparison swatches, check out my post in my makeup community: http://makeupreviewed.livejournal.com/296744.html

Like my other experiences with this line of shadows, I really like the product itself -- it's long-lasting and blends well, and I scored it for $1 in a discount bin. That being said, as much as I love the colour in the package, I don't love it once it's actually on my skin. I'll probably use it all eventually, but I won't be repurchasing.

on 6/12/2011 10:07:00 PM

This color is ok. I love this shawdow in the Antique Jade. This color just does not look a good on me. I use it anyway when wearing purple. These shadows will fade, go on with very little pigmentation, crease, and suck in general if not used with an eyeshadow primer underneath. I use the Too Faced eyeshadow primer and it makes these shadows just pop with intense color and last all day. This is a fairly nice purple when paired with a primer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is my favourite purple eyeshadow. I've tried others, but I keep coming back to Amethyst- it's warm enough without being plum, it has a beautiful shimmer, and it blends beautifully. It's my favourite "bright" colour to wear- though it's not too bright at all.

on 2/20/2014 4:43:00 PM

I think this product is being discontinued because it is getting harder to find and it's no longer on the maybelline website. I have the amethyst smokes palette and I like it but I hate that they changed the eyeshadow pan sizes, making the two colors I use the most in the smallest pans. this single is great to use, if you start to run low on the amethyst color in the smokes palette. overall I think this eyeshadow is a little weak on its own but add some eye primer and add a little water to the sponge applicator and it has good good pigmentation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really gorgeous purple color. Sadly I got this when I was just starting out with makeup and it's too dark for me to wear all over on my lid so I had to toss it. Now that I am more experienced I could have dipped my eyeliner brush in and used it as an eyeliner. I will repurchase this sometime again and use it as a liner or put a light shadow over it to tone down the color.

on 6/14/2010 2:55:00 PM

I love this purple. I searched for about a week before I found this purple shadow. All the others were bright purple and I was looking for a deeper purple. When I found this I was so happy. It works great, has great color and is easy to apply.

on 10/27/2010 12:18:00 AM

This is a pretty color but a little too dramatic and bright for my taste. I do like it as an eyeliner for my green eyes though - the purple really makes them pop.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This eyeshadow looks really good on me, which surprised me because I have pale skin and hazel eyes and was always told not to wear a color like this. But it made my eyes sparkle and it did flake a little, but eye primer solved that problem.