Mario Badescu Anti Acne Serum

Mario Badescu Anti Acne Serum

2.7

Ok, some people are giving this product a bad review, but that's only because they haven't read the instructions. The instructions clearly state that this is a PREVENTATIVE product, not a spot treatment. Instead of putting it directly onto a spot and hoping it will dry up, put it on the acne prone areas. This will keep your skin from breaking out while the other spots heal. That being said, if used correctly, this is a wonderful product! It keeps my skin clear and radiant, and doesn't dry me out. It even go rid of the blackheads that I had on my cheeks. Wonderful product!

on 9/20/2016 9:15:00 PM

this product didn't work for me at all. I use it as a spot treatment and I didnt see any improvement.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I feel like I should probably lead with saying that I don't have acne. I wouldn't normally buy this product, but Ulta sent me a pretty big sample right when I was having problems completely getting rid of some bumps on my cheek from a different product that had hidden shea butter, which always makes me have breakouts. It was gone after just a few days of using this. It also helped clear up the two small pimples that I have near my hairline from my glasses rubbing against those spots.

Later, I did end up sprouting a more intense pimple on my hip, which this did little to help. It makes me a skeptical about how well this works for people with more serious skin issues than me, but it did help me with my two problem areas.

on 5/5/2015 5:50:00 PM

I've read a few reviews saying that this product did nothing for their skin and I have to disagree! I am on my cycle and had a few hormonal breakouts that were driving me crazy (a few pimples near my hairline and a cycstic one on my chin) I made sure to cleanse (Mario's Enzyme cleansing gel) Tone (Mario's Special glycolic cleansing lotion) and finished it of with this acne serum and it worked wonders! My breakouts dried up and dramatically looked alot less red overnight! I don't know if it's because I used all Mario badescu products but I loved my results. I will definitely keep using this regimen and will re-purchase.

on 10/14/2014 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been developing mild adult acne, so I decided to add this to my routine. Because it has salicylic acid, I was hoping it would help unclog my pores. It has a clear consistency and is sticky, so I only used it at night. After several weeks, I noticed no difference. It didn't help my skin, but it didn't cause any more breakouts either. I don't think it is strong enough for my particular level of acne. Maybe this would would work on someone with very mild occasional acne.

on 5/28/2016 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't really know what to say except that this didn't do a single thing for my skin, which IS NOT what I wish from a 30 dollar product. It didn't break me out, but it didn't help a dime.

on 3/9/2012 3:27:00 PM

I don't know how anyone uses this. It's so thick & sticky it's disgusting. I literally used it once & never touched it again. It was so difficult to apply from the consistency. I hated it from the start.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

This product is not strong/efficient enough to keep my acne at bay. In addition to the product being so/so, after a few uses, the print on the bottle starts to disintegrate which is gross and inconvenient. This is due to a few squeezes on the hard, little bottle. The texture is greasy. You also do not get much product.

on 10/23/2012 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I already follow a pretty strict face regime with a couple of Mario Badescu products. I recently added this to my arsenal. Although I don't break out as often as I used to, I do get small bumps on my cheeks and sometimes on my chin and forehead (which I think is because of my MUFE primer or powder..can't figure it out). I use this at night. At first, I applied a lot because I was a bit doubtful of it working well. Now, I just apply a thin layer over a bit of benzoyl peroxide on acne-prone areas. I haven't broken out and have noticed that some small bumps have completely disappeared and never made it to become pimples. This was a huge relief because I get super annoyed when I treat a small bump and it still comes to the surface. I believe this works, but you have to give it time and perhaps combine it with another acne medication.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This didn't really do anything for me. Easy to apply, mess-free, invisible once on, and no problems applying makeup over it... but it didn't clear up my spots (jawline and chest area). It didn't really cause any either, but I'd rather spend money on something I can see a difference with.