Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick - Lolita

4.5

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

One of my favorite Studded Kiss colours. It makes me look polished, and looks nice with my fair skin. Always have a tube of this in my bag! Rich pigment and matte. A little on the dy side, but if I want a sheer look i just tap lightly on the lips then follow with a balm. Great product. Will repurchase when I run out.

I purchased Lolita from my local Sephora and I expected quite a bit out of this product seeing that it was hyped up a lot on YouTube and from friends. I think that the formula itself is good but the only drawback from this product is the texture it leaves on your lips after a few hours of wear. It is extremely drying if you do not apply a base before applying. I do not wear this liquid lipstick by itself and I apply a matte lip colour that is a little bit creamy (MAC velvet teddy) and that is the perfect lip combo for my liking. The lasting power of this is amazing even if you are consuming food with oils or grease. The packing is also a nice touch and the design fits the overall theme of Kat's cosmetic line. In conclusion, I will definitely be purchasing more shades in the future.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The Lolita regular lipstick I have is the Studded Kiss Lolita lipstick, the picture shown is apparently just different packaging..? I do see another review for the Lolita Studded Kiss just below mine, so I guess I am in the 'right spot'..? I did add a pic of the Studded Kiss lipstick, as the one in the pic is apparently discontinued.

Anyhoo, this Studded Kiss Lolita applies for me smooth enough and easily enough and evenly, no issues there. Lolita is a great shade. However, first off, I find these Studded Kiss lipsticks have a heavy candy/sweet/vanilla type of smell. I am not one that normally minds a sweet smelling lipstick, but this one is really cloying. In looking at swatches online of this Lolita, it looks like the Studded Kiss version has a little more rose/pink whereas the 'original' Lolita lipstick looks more warm nude/brown. Not that the shade matters or factors into my rating, but I just thought I would mention that. I wish if companies change the shade of a lipstick, they would give it a new name, but that is neither here nor there, I suppose.

I just feel like this is an 'okay' lipstick. Wear-time for me is not great, I only get a couple hours of wear-time with this, and that is not talking much nor eating. So that is where I took the rating of this down a good bit.

I also think this shade is easily dupable, while it is a lovely shade, I just feel there are similar shades out there, and even drugstore versions, that, for me, last better.

Finally..there is also not much product in this, this KVD Studded Kiss lipstick contains .10 ounce and currently retails for $21.00USD. You can get a Maybelline lipstick in a similar shade for around $5.50, that contains .15 ounce. So, the initial price of this KVD is not terrible, but when you consider it does not contain much product, the price actually creeps up there. Tarte and Mac both contain .10 ounce and currently retail for $17.00USD. I do like the shape and style of the Studded lipstick, but I think I am over the Studded lipsticks. If I look at KVD lipsticks I will stick with the KVD liquid lipsticks, and that says a lot, because in general I am not a fan of liquid lipsticks. But I have tried a few of these Studded Kiss lipsticks and I just find them to be pretty average at best. Nice enough application, but the wear time is not there for me. And the scent lingers. I did not factor the strong scent into my rating, but I wanted to mention it, as some do not like sweet scented makeup.

The studded kiss version of Lolita is by far my favorite color wise. It is kind a muted brown red on me, for reference my lips are lightly pigmented and my skin is about a NC15 with freckles. Actually, the best way to describe to me is a warmer twist on Kylie Jenner lip. To me, it has little in common with any of the other incarnations of Lolita and should be considered its own. It is so nice for a mild every day pop of color. I don't like the matte formula because my lips are are very prone to being dry, but can't find a satin or cream dupe, so I will live with it knowing that it is a beautiful color and will still stay put.

No me gusta. Pero estoy segura que es por el tono de mis labios que me queda muy tosco..ademas lo encuentro muy seco

GORGEOUS color. Not the one pictured--color has changed over time. Studded lipstick Lolita looks different than the everlasting wear. It's got more orange and is a brownish terracotta. Looks amazing on pigmented, pink lips and complements my blue eyes.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a brownish's pink with an almost matte finish, I say almost matte because it's not as harsh as most matte lippies.

The colour is so easy to wear and the formula is surprisingly good! usually matte lipsticks are harsh on my lips and you can't hide anything with them but this one leaves my lips moist and are really flattering.

at $33 it's a bit pricey BUT I would re-buy this, it was really hard to get as it kept selling out and there was only one branch of sephora that had Kat Von D products. once I got it though I totally understood why, this is a rich defult colour that is very flattering on most!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

To be fair, I got a half size of this as a "freebie" in a Sephora gift bag so I had no choice about the colour but this brownish pink isn't a great colour on me. Also, I am really not a fan of lipsticks this "matte" looking - they just don't look as fresh or nice as something with a bit of shine or moistness. To give this its due (and perhaps it's true of all the lipsticks in this line), it doesn't feel dry or drying; in fact, the texture is quite nice. And I suppose I could top this off with a bit of gloss to get a less dry look but to be honest, when I'm in a rush or touching up at lunch, I don't have the time or inclination to faff around with two products (or to carry that much with me or dig around in my school bag for several products). I am glad to have had the chance to try this but its just not for me.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This might be my new favorite lipstick, it's the perfect color, so sexy, and goes on so smooth. Even the container is cute, great stuff!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Very different colour pay off than the ever so popular Lolita liquid lipstick from KVD. But, this has quickly become my go to colour. Easy everyday wearable shade which flatters almost every skin tone. Love!