Boots No 7 Protect & Perfect night cream

No 7 Protect & Perfect night cream

3.3

on 11/26/2016 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Although I'm in my early 20's I think this is the best time to use anti-aging products to prevent early signs of aging. I have some fine lines around my eyes and dull skin, I think it's because of my bad habits like being a nightowl. I apply this cream 2/3 times a week with the matching protect and perfect advanced serum and my skin looks great.

on 5/27/2016 9:12:00 PM

I love the scent and the ease of application.I really hate the way this night cream stings my eyes and makes them water for hours afterwards. I am very disappointed in this product which I bought because of brand recognition. UGH. I will use it up on my neck .

To Read all 22 Reviews, Login or Join

Okay ladies, here's a reminder of what we already know: everyone's skin is different, so trying out new products is just included in our search for a skin care line that will work for us. I will tell you this: I've always had bad skin. Acne, dryness, oily combo T zone, huge pores, you name it, yuk! I wasn't blessed with beautiful skin at all. I tried no 7 because it doesn't stink and I'm still trying to find affordable greatness to 'make me pretty'. It's too early to tell if this cream will be the prize winner for someone like me with wacky skin, however, it feels amazing. Smooth, lightly scented and a little goes a long way. It isn't heavy, nor greeasy. I detest facial creams that seem to disappear as soon as its applied, no 7 does not do this, so I give it a high score just for that. So far, thumbs up, I'll post updates later. *Also, here's an excellent tip when it comes to improving the overall look/health of everyone's skin,
(take it from an ugly girl, I won't lie to you) Drink lots of water. Water is what your skin needs first, before any product you purchase. Good moisturizer, sunscreen and water will make anyone beautiful.

on 11/21/2012 1:41:00 AM

I went through a phase last year when I felt like I was spending too much on beauty product/makeup, so I went to Target to buy a new night cream. A beauty sales associate (who knew they had beauty specific SAs at Target?) suggested this cream to me after I told her my skin was on the drier side. I tried it out, didn't think it was anything special because I thought it was just a run of the mill Shea butter cream, and I let it sit in the back of my makeup drawer while I used Ole Henriksen's Sheer Transformation (also a great cream, lighter than this one so I use it in the summer). Then I got lazy one morning and used a face wipe (from Old Henriksen, if you must know) to cleanse my face and I broke out in some sort of rash that left my skin dehydrated, red, flaky, peeling, you get the picture. The lighter creams did not penetrate my skin, and forget about using serums, nothing was getting through. I tried using this cream as a last resort, figuring it would be gentle since it didn't have any intense actives and it totally nursed my skin back to health! It has now moved to the top of my makeup table and I use it under my makeup/tinted moisturizer in the morning and at night over my vitamin C serum/retinol serum and my skin has not felt this supple and hydrated in years. The moisture definitely sinks in and rebuilds your skin's moisture barrier (go Shea butter!), and like another reviewer said, you can still feel the effects even after you rinse it off in the morning (I rinse w/ water only in the morning). It is not greasy, yet somehow super moisturizing at the same time, and it is very lightly scented, which I also appreciate. Also, it seems like a little goes a long way since I have been using this twice a day since the beginning of autumn and I have barely made a dent. At $20, I would say that this is a great deal, but I understand that not everyone has become numb to spending $50+ on night creams (Sephora marketing... what have you done!). For all the great benefits and ease of accessibility (who doesn't practically live at Target?) I would definitely purchase again in a heartbeat!

on 11/16/2012 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I actually like this! I was very skeptical about giving this a try, but I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't think anything of it until I started getting compliments on my skin. The consistency is rich enough for a night cream, but not too heavy that it can't be worn in the day. All you have to do is put an extra layer of sunscreen if you are outdoors. If you take care of your skin, i.e. exfoliate, do a detox mask weekly, etc., then this product will keep your skin looking fresh. My skin was smooth and glowing after I used it. It smells nice and light. I have been using this for over one month, night and day, and I am half-way through the jar. More expensive and heavier creams will last longer, but for $20, this isn't a bad deal and it works. My mom told me that Dr. Oz says this stuff works just as good as the expensive creams...

*UPDATE 12/18/12: I bought another jar of this, even though my first jar is completely finished. I forgot to mention before that the packaging is different than what is pictured above. The jar is a blue color and the top is a metallic grey color. It's still working well for me and I can see the difference when I don't use it.

**UPDATE 5/15/2013: After using three jars of this, I can definitively say that it really doesn't do much for anti-aging or skin care. I would only use this if you are just looking for a cream to moisturize and nothing more. My skin looked horrible two weeks ago and I didn't even notice until I started using my Estee Lauder products again. Now my skin is dramatically different and everyone has been complimenting me. Ironically, it was my mother who bought the more expensive products for me to start using again. She no longer uses this product either. If you are serious about your skin and taking care of it (clearing it up, anti-aging, etc.), I would not recommend this product. Sometimes you do get what you pay for.

broke me out, never had anything broke me out before. Didn't do anything good for my face, ended up using it as a body/hand lotion... used it up, tossed it away FINALLY

on 9/21/2012 10:41:00 PM

This product isn't as moisturizing as I had hoped it would be. That being said, I still have to find a good nighttime cream, but I do use this for a daily application when my face feels dry.

I would definitely recommend if your face isn't super dry like mine is .Boots does make some good products for a very reasonable price.

on 9/13/2012 7:49:00 AM

Can't really recommend this. I used it for quite a while because it did moisturise well. But I've stopped using jars as I've learnt that any active ingredients break down in the presence of air. There's more fragrance and preservatives in this than any beneficial ingredients.Also considering it's not doing skin that much good it's expensive.Much better out there.My day's of using this are over.

Let me preface this review by saying I am not someone who is easily irritated by perfumes or chemicals. For the first time in my life I have found a face cream that actually makes my lungs burn each and every time I put this toxic sludge on. This is about the 5th time I have put it on, and here I am sitting here 15 minutes later still suffering and decided I had to write a review and warn others. I do not know which chemicals are causing the burning but as I said, my lungs are not ultra-sensitive or anything and I have never had this reaction to any other products. This is also the first highly commercial product I have purchased. I tend towards more natural moisturizers. I would say that yes, this does seem to have a moisturizing effect but after 5 uses I can't give an accurate review of its skin-changing effects. I can only warn others that this stuff is very toxic. Mine will be going in this trash. I can't see giving this away, knowing how nasty it is. I won't even use it on my feet. God only knows what your skin is absorbing. My lungs are only now starting to feel better. I kept using it thinking maybe it was just that one time, but after 5x of lung burning, and this was even just using it around my eyes today, I know for sure I don't want this stuff anywhere near me or anyone I love.

on 4/6/2012 10:39:00 AM

I feel like I have brand-new skin. I wash at night and put it on while my skin is still damp and I am loving the way my skin feels. I'm still having tiny issues with dryness and small pimples, but I suspect that may be related to the rest of my 'beauty routine'. Seriously, after two days with this stuff, I wanted to run back and buy ALL the Boots No. 7 products. But I'm cheap, so I'll have to be choosy.