100%
package quality

price range

Reviews

7 months ago

Alongside 'Therabreath' this ranks as my HG mouthwash...but for a different reason. Therabreath allows me to wake up in the morning with totally neutral if not pleasant-smelling breath (yes you read that right, it's totally possible!). Peroxyl tackles onion, garlic or just general unpleasant breath or when you have a funny taste in your mouth that wont shift despite copious amounts of chewing gum and regular mouth washes. I don't find it whitens my teeth at all (I sure wish it did!) and I'd love it even more if they didn't add so much artificial blue color to the formula but what this does do is bubble up and literally blast away at bacteria and plaque like nobodys business. It takes some getting used to, the amount of foam you get in your mouth is crazy but that's the bad stuff being obliterated by the power of hydrogen peroxide! You also won't get this out into the sink in one go, it takes about a minute and a few repeats to spit all this out as it keeps foaming (don't be tempted to rinse it out as that's counterproductive, let it do its thing), but believe me all the effort is worth it! My gums are healthier and don't bleed when flossing any longer, my mouth feels so much cleaner. The majority of mouthwashes on the market pale in comparison to this (apart from the ones that similarly contain Hydrogen Peroxide) and I've used nearly all of them so speaking from experience here. Every now and again a 'latest fad' mouthwash comes along with its celebrity endorsements and magazine coverage, and like a fool I try them, bin them and come back to Peroxyl every time. I hope they never stop making this stuff. Selena x  ~ My HG list ~  (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil  2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm  3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum  4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser  5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer  6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash  7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)  8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream  9. Moisturizer: ‘Lush' - Enzymion  10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

5 years ago

I frickin love this stuff. I went through a phase where I kept getting canker sores because I was super stressed out. I actually tried those oral gel/ointments first. I absolutely hated those. They did nothing for helping the sores heal quicker and they hurt like a bitch when you applied them. With this mouthwash, it's very inexpensive and does the job. Directions are to swish it in your mouth, focusing the liquid around the infected area for about a minute. I like the minty taste and it definitely helps relieve the pain. I used this about 4 times a day, especially after eating and before I go to sleep. I would repurchase this over the canker sore topical gels.

About reviewer (732 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

PROS: Works great for any mouth sores, like canker sores. Helps them heal faster and makes them feel slightly better in the meantime. No alcohol (like other versions of this type of mouthwash), so no added burning from that. CONS: VERY strong flavor. Just be ready. lol Also, the cap when put back on always drips on to the bottle, so you have to rinse the cap with water after use every time.

About reviewer (944 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

9 years ago

I love this stuff! I got it originally for gingivitis to help with sore gums. Not only has it taken care of that, it's also whitened my teeth considerably (which I think must be the hydrogen peroxide). Best of all, it's relatively mild so it doesn't burn! Will repurchase.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

12 years ago

I feel strange writing a review of a mouthwash, but Peroxyl has been an absolute godsend for me. I complained to my dentist that I kept having a strange taste in my mouth, and after treatment to see what was wrong (nothing thankfully) she gave me a trial size bottle of Peroxyl. <p>The mouthwash has hydrogen peroxide in to clean any infections, and it also foams to remove any debris left behind after brushing. I really like the taste too! <p>It takes away any strange tastes in my mouth, which I believe is caused by drinking too much Diet Coke. It also leaves my mouth feeling very fresh and clean without the burn of ordinary alcohol-based mouthwashes. Unfortunately this mouthwash is only supposed to be used for 7 days in a row maximum so I have to be careful not to overuse this.

About reviewer (1232 reviews)

Age25-29