3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 years ago

Nice orange blossom scent, like it a lot.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBrown

6 years ago

I've been looking for an orange blossom or neroli candle this spring and went through several, not cheap ones, before I learned my lesson that I should probably just trust Diptyque. Cold, Choisya is a bitter orange blossom scent, which I love. I get no powder at all and little to no sweetness; it's a great impression of the blossoms fresh on the branch. And it was strong enough to smell through the box from three feet away (once the cellophane came off) which none of the other candles I tried were even close to. Burning, it's softer and slightly less bitter but has a lovely fresh feel, still not perfumy. The throw is not as strong as Patchouli but noticeably stronger than the other brands of candle I tried (Tatine, Pacifica and Paddywax). I think orange blossom/neroli is just a tough one for throw, but Diptyque appears to do the job best and since the cold throw is so good as well, it ends up making Diptyque a better value for overall scent given. If orange blossom is on your mind, don't waste time and money, try this one first.

About reviewer (282 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

2.0

13 years ago

Another just so-so floral from Diptyque. From the ones I have tried, this most closely resembles Chevrefeuille in strength of throw (ie weak but a lot better than Oranger and some other non-Diptyque candles I have tried lately). It's probably a little stronger than Chevrefeuille but it's quite a soapy neroli type of orange blossom and I would have preferred something a little richer and more floral. EDIT: I have downgraded this from 3 to 2 lippies because it is the first Diptyque I have tried which leaves wax traces down the sides of the glass. The wax texture is oilier than other Diptyques so I think it may not just be a one-off.

About reviewer (167 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

17 years ago

The perfect orange blossom scent, this burns strong and true for many hours. Lighter and sweeter than Agraria Bitter Orange, this is a pretty yet not overfeminine scent that's noticeable without being overwhelming.

About reviewer (944 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

17 years ago

Yum!!!! If you love oranges, linden, orange flower blossoms and orange notes in general you will adore this. Its a strong, lasting scent, true to the essence of orange blossom. $40? Yes! But it is divine! I *do not* love every single Diptyque candle and think some of their scents do not last or are as strong as these two but this one (and Figuier) is F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S! I have yet to find another candle that mimics orange blossom so well. My question is: When will Diptyque come up with a fragrance EXACTLY like this candle?<BR>Still I wait....

About reviewer (923 reviews)

Age

SkinOther

HairOther

18 years ago

I tried this candle as an alternative to my beloved Diptyque Mimosa candles that I am truly addicted to. Before I lit the candle, I hated the scent. Yes, a lovely orange blossom scent but with a very strong, powdery edge to it. But once lit, that edge disappears, and what is left is what others have described -- a gorgeous scent like an orange blossom grove in bloom.

About reviewer (448 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

3.0

18 years ago

Yes, of course the fragrance is gorgeous. I adore the scent of orange blossoms, so how could I think otherwise? But I am puzzled by the much touted Herculean strength of the fragrance (okay, so that was a misplaced metaphor, it's 4:30 in the morning here). My candle can barely scent my tiny home office, much less my entire apartment. As Kevin Kline exclaimed in 'A Fish Called Wanda,' "Disappointed!"

About reviewer (381 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther

HairOther

19 years ago

My favorite candle. Very fragrant, smells EXACTLY like a real orange grove in full bloom.

About reviewer (781 reviews)

Age44-55