Merle Norman Soft Touch Eye Pencil

Filtered by skin type : Other
Merle Norman Soft Touch Eye Pencil
Merle Norman Soft Touch Pencil

1 review

Not only would I buy this again, I plan on getting more colors as soon as I am near a Merle Norman boutique. Merle Norman suffers from a horrible image problem. This is not makeup "for old ladies" and if you are saying this or believe it I would like to know when was the last time you set foot in a boutique? True, some of the SA's are pushy hard sell types but there are quite a few products that are worthy of a lot more attention than they get. These eye pencils are one of those products. They are a water resistant, long wearing pencil. If you try one on your hand to test the color, it will dry and set within 20 to 30 seconds. After that, it will not budge yet it is easily removed with any eye makeup remover.. The pencil itself is extremely smooth and very soft and creamy. It sharpens easily with a eye pencil sharpener. The softness of these pencils makes application a breeze. you can apply and smudge easily before it dries. The colors I have are absolutely gorgeous. I have 4 and they are Teak (a dark brown shimmer), Copperize (A warmer coppery shimmer), Jaded (beautiful golden jade green) and my favorite one, Galaxy (a completely unique smokey gray silvery color with hints of purple and blue). The thing I like about Galaxy is that it really brings my face alive. I am an NW15 redhead andI have never found any eye liner product that really makes my eyes come alive like this but for me, this is it. It actually seems like there is light coming from within my eyes when I wear this. My BF even mentioned this one night when we were out having dinner. He took a picture of me wearing this and it's true, the rim around my eyes is glowing in a beautiful way. When I wear it with Bare Escentuals Drama glimmer eye shadow it is like these two colors are made for each other but I also wear it on it's own with a simple wash of a beigy eye shadow and that too looks perfect. This color makes a perfect subtle smokey eye for me and adds so much interest to my eyes. If it is ever discontinued I will buy 20 of them to hold me over. Lasting power is really wonderful for me. I am not at all oily around my eye area so if you are oily I am not sure how this would last on you but I can tell you that this formula does dry and set shortly after application and I have had no problem with it at all. Price was $18 and the pencil is very long and will last for quite a while I suspect. If you are looking for a long lasting pencil and some really pretty wearable colors try these. Other colors I did not but were some shimmerless shades of brown, navy, black and a few other shimmers in an icy mint green and a gold. Excellent product, I have finally found my holy grail eye liner.