Merle Norman Soft Touch Eye Pencil

Merle Norman Soft Touch Eye Pencil
Merle Norman Soft Touch Pencil

4.7

Not only would I buy this again, I plan on getting more colors as soon as I am near a Merle Norman boutique. Merle Norman suffers from a horrible image problem. This is not makeup "for old ladies" and if you are saying this or believe it I would like to know when was the last time you set foot in a boutique? True, some of the SA's are pushy hard sell types but there are quite a few products that are worthy of a lot more attention than they get. These eye pencils are one of those products. They are a water resistant, long wearing pencil. If you try one on your hand to test the color, it will dry and set within 20 to 30 seconds. After that, it will not budge yet it is easily removed with any eye makeup remover.. The pencil itself is extremely smooth and very soft and creamy. It sharpens easily with a eye pencil sharpener. The softness of these pencils makes application a breeze. you can apply and smudge easily before it dries. The colors I have are absolutely gorgeous. I have 4 and they are Teak (a dark brown shimmer), Copperize (A warmer coppery shimmer), Jaded (beautiful golden jade green) and my favorite one, Galaxy (a completely unique smokey gray silvery color with hints of purple and blue). The thing I like about Galaxy is that it really brings my face alive. I am an NW15 redhead andI have never found any eye liner product that really makes my eyes come alive like this but for me, this is it. It actually seems like there is light coming from within my eyes when I wear this. My BF even mentioned this one night when we were out having dinner. He took a picture of me wearing this and it's true, the rim around my eyes is glowing in a beautiful way. When I wear it with Bare Escentuals Drama glimmer eye shadow it is like these two colors are made for each other but I also wear it on it's own with a simple wash of a beigy eye shadow and that too looks perfect. This color makes a perfect subtle smokey eye for me and adds so much interest to my eyes. If it is ever discontinued I will buy 20 of them to hold me over. Lasting power is really wonderful for me. I am not at all oily around my eye area so if you are oily I am not sure how this would last on you but I can tell you that this formula does dry and set shortly after application and I have had no problem with it at all. Price was $18 and the pencil is very long and will last for quite a while I suspect. If you are looking for a long lasting pencil and some really pretty wearable colors try these. Other colors I did not but were some shimmerless shades of brown, navy, black and a few other shimmers in an icy mint green and a gold. Excellent product, I have finally found my holy grail eye liner.

Love! I've never been good with applying eyeliner in the past, it always looked too harsh no matter what the color. Now I realize its because I've been using crap drugstore eyeliners all along. These apply so smoothly, with no drag, no having to heat with a lighter to soften. I get that soft smudge blend that FINALLY looks right. It also stays in place all day. My HG!
I have 3 colors, paid $14 each, have hardly made a dent in them in 3 months.
EARTHY: A hard to describe inky blue/violet/brown. I use in place of black since black is just too harsh for me.
TAUPE: (discontinued) a little too light-works great for a natural no makeup look.
TEAK: My favorite! Dark brown with a hint of copper...makes my green eyes POP!

on 12/28/2015 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow! I got this as a Christmas gift in the color TEAK. ITS PHENOMENAL! the color is extremely gorgeous. It's a dark brown with a coppery tone. Glides on like a dream and looks absolutely perfect. Just lit up my hazel eyes, while giving definition. Blends easily with the smoothest sponge tip I've ever seen. Looks good on top too, where I didn't use the blender. Smooth and perfect line first try, and DOESN'T TRANSFER TO THE UPPER EYELIDS!!!... amazing for a pencil! Definitely worth the money, I will be buying more of this. And I usually use black, but hate how I have to keep it touched up and hate how most transfer to the skin above the crease. This doesn't. And I'm in love with this shade.... It also made my lashes stand out... I can't express it enough to y'all, this eyeliner is the best one I've ever had. VERY NICE

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

If you want an eye pencil that glides on, lets you smudge if desired then dries to a long lasting finish...and comes in great colors...this is the pencil for you!!! I don't like having to sharpen with a pencil sharpener, but having the little smudge sponge on the pencil end makes up for it. I'm done experimenting with other brands.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

This is my HG eyeliner! It was $14 which is a steal for an amazing eyeliner like this. I have it in Blackout and I wear it with everything. When you put it on your waterline it stay because it is waterproof (I am pretty sure that is what the lady told me) and even if its not it still stays on all day. For even longer stay time put black eyeshadow or liner over it. When I run out I will totally buy it again! (:

on 7/6/2016 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

.This soft pencil in blackout color is awesome.I wish I could find a cheaper "dupe" Great for the waterline.So smooth.You don't need a lighter to soften this...It's excellent but hard to sharpen without wasting a bit.My mom gave me some pencils and I had to review..A lot of people look for liners that stay on the waterline.This is a good liner.....I'd recommend this to anyone who wants a good lower line.I use liquid for my top....

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Just an ok product overall. I wouldn't buy this again. Didn't do the same as other Maybelline products would for my eyeliners. Not the best of the best but it works fine if you need something quick and have no other options.

I don't like this product. It's runs out to fast. And you have to sharpen it almost every other day. It smudges to easily. And the color isn't as deep/dark as it should be. If you use eyeshadow one eye is darker than the other. Do not waste your money on their eyeliners. They don't last as long as they should for the price.

on 3/16/2014 2:26:00 PM

Finally found a nice crayon type liner that doesn't end up on my greasy lids. Good smudger on the other end of the liner too. Great colors, I now have 3, good price point too.

on 9/5/2013 7:57:00 AM

Great product. I can't find a similar color anywhere, not even MAC has the color I use. It's gentle on your eyes, long wearing, reasonable price. Need I say more?