Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder
De-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying Powder

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

New (2013) formula: Talc, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tricaprylin, Calcium Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methicone, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale), Phenoxyethanol. [+/- May Contain: CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines)]. Old (pre-2013) formula: Talc, Calcium, Carbonate, Tricaprylin, Oriza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium, EDTA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower, Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl, Palmitate, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) .

on 7/11/2017 12:19:00 PM

I've exhausted all drugstore powders and they either break me out don't work at controlling my oily t zone or fall apart in my handbag (I'm looking at you rimmel stay matte) I got this when I saw it on offer and I have to be honest the packaging had me sold immediately it's so pretty! I don't usually impulse buy especially on a brand I would consider high end but I'm glad I did, it leave my skin looking matte for around 5-6 hours which double the amount of time other powders have worked for me, even when the oil starts to come through it doesn't look horrible immediately, I don't feel the need to run for my handbag and re apply powder or blot, I was worried when I saw the colour of the powder but it leaves no white cast on my face :) I really like this powder

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the first powder claiming to be 'mattifying' which has actually lived up to its promise. I definitely notice that my skin - especially my t-zone - is nowhere near as oily looking or feeling when I use this. But - be warned! You can definitely overdo this and use too much, giving you a glow that Casper the Friendly Ghost would envy. It has a slight lavender hue to it, so over-applying (by accident or on purpose) can end up making my skin look very sallow.

For the price - £19.50 - it's definitely worth it in my opinion. You could easily spend that much on a selection of cheaper ones that make the same claims, but don't work. This one actually does what it claims to do and should last a while too, so the price for me is justified.

on 4/10/2015 5:49:00 PM

I have a very oily t-zone. So I really need a good mattifying powder. I don't have a problem with blotting after 3-4 hours. I'm used to it. But with this powder, which is pretty expensive at $32, I have to pile it on to the point where it looks white and cakey. With other powders, such as Essence All About Matt, which is $4, the white disappears as it melts into my skin. This one just sits on top of my skin, and then within about 90 minutes, the white, cakiness is gone, but so is the powder, and I'm an oily mess.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I can't believe it took me so long to try this stuff...I suppose it was the price that drove me away at first. But I finally got and I am so glad I did! I have the Oiliest Skin Known to Man and NOTHING will make my makeup last throughout the day. No primer, no mattifying foundation, no other powders. Really, the only thing that has ever helped is using milk of magnesia under my makeup and that just freaks me out doing it all the time because I worry I'm ruining my skin. But using the UD De-Slick powder and setting spray is the closest thing I've come to perfect! It's awesome. They make my makeup stay put all day at work. I also wore the combo to an outdoor concert recently where I was standing in line in the sun and humidity for hours and then sitting there with a bunch of sweaty bodies for a few more hours and my makeup looked great when I got home!

It has that lavender tinge but it really does go on invisible. I suppose if you use way too much it can look a little white.

P.S. I have used the powder without the setting spray and it does work great on its own. It's just that the spray gives it that extra boost of staying power that I need!

Does the job covers blemishes everything it's great

on 4/11/2014 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Awesome powder, does not look cakey even if you use a little too much. As far as shine control, I have VERY oily skin, so I'll start to see some shine come through after a few hours, but thats a huge improvement from when I would be shiny after an hour. I only have to blot usually two times a day, where as other powders it would be every hour or so. I love that it looks natural and never cakes up. I just wish it was a little cheaper because it usually only lasts me a month and a half, but i'll deal with 30 dollars a month for this!

on 1/2/2014 7:01:00 PM

This is perfect! Some translucent powder makes you look lighter but this one doesn't. It's super smooth and helps control oil. Doesn't look like you have powder on but makes a difference in your skin. Give it a try. I got it for 32 dollars and thats not bad for how long it will last and how well it works.

on 11/6/2013 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought the whole de-slick line off hautelook and this is the only one of the products I remotely like. I use it to blot my face during the day and it works well for that. On my face, I really can’t use it more than twice or it looks cakey and leaves a white cast.

I haven’t had any luck using it to prevent getting oily, just as a way to de-slick (lol) during the day.

I may be the only person out there who hates this packaging. WHY IS IT SO HEAVY?!?!?

I love love love this powder! It keeps me matte looking all day so I don't even bother carrying it with me. I'm so hooked on Urban Decay products :-) It is translucent and amazing. Glad I bought it! As someone else said, don't use the puff that comes with it. Use a powder brush and a light hand.

on 7/26/2013 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

High hopes, dashed. On my fairly oily skin and in my very humid town, this product was pretty much useless. It provided barely any "mattifying" even when first applied, so it required frequent touch-ups throughout the day to even partially achieve the truly matte look I was after. Also, the little pad it comes with? Pointless. Paper-thin, cheap, why bother. Finally, the packaging is difficult to open and the price-point is way too expensive for what the product is and how it performs.