Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder
De-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying Powder

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

New (2013) formula: Talc, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tricaprylin, Calcium Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methicone, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale), Phenoxyethanol. [+/- May Contain: CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines)]. Old (pre-2013) formula: Talc, Calcium, Carbonate, Tricaprylin, Oriza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium, EDTA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower, Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl, Palmitate, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) .

on 5/28/2016 12:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This powder makes my skin look great as soon as I apply it, BUT the effect only lasts about 5 or 10 minutes for me then I look exactly like I did before I used it. Everyone's skin is different, but for my super oily nose, leaving my $6 CG Oil Control powder was a mistake.

on 10/17/2014 9:08:00 PM

I really love this product. I use Kat von D's lock it tattoo liquid foundation for full coverage, flawless skin and I use this throughout the day when needed to keep it looking fresh. It's a great product. Obviously it won't add any additional color to your skin which is why I love it for touch ups. It won't keep your skin matte all day if you apply it in the morning, but I feel like it was made for touch ups and it does a fabulous job at that.

on 9/9/2014 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product didn't "de-slick" me. Like, at all. I was shiny again about 2 to 3 hours later. I do have beyond oily skin though, so I gave up on trying to find good oil control products awhile ago. However, despite that this doesn't keep me shine free, I do enjoy this product! It gives my skin a perfect, velvet finish, doesn't enlarge pores, sits beautifully with my bronzer and blushes, and is buildable without being cakey. So, obviously, that's alotta good! Yeah, it doesn't do what it promises, but there's so much good coming out of it that I won't return it. I won't purchase it again, but I will enjoy this until it's gone!

on 7/3/2014 1:06:00 AM

After using only drugstore powders, I finally decided to splurge on a high-end one, and I'm glad I did. This powder is a very pale purple that applies translucent, and while it was expensive ($38 Canadian), it was well worth it. It really does keep shine at bay, and somehow it adds a bit of extra coverage, despite being translucent rather than coloured. I like to apply powder with a large fluffy brush, but the powder puff that comes with the compact is good quality. The back side of the applicator is vinyl-like, and it sticks to the mirror (which is also good). Although this is good to put in your bag for touch-ups, it works so well that you might not even need to touch up.

on 5/16/2014 12:11:00 AM

Love love love. HG product. My skin is BEYOND oily - 10 mins after I apply and set makeup I am already starting to get oily again. I have to blot every hour or 2 or else my makeup will melt off my face. Although this product doesn't rid my oiliness completely, it DEFINITELY has reduced it A LOT, which no other mattifying powders have done (MAC, tarte, revlon, etc etc).

PROS:
- reduces blotting time from every hour to every 2-3 hours which is the best I've found
- amazingly smooth powder: applies like a dream. It's incredibly finely milled and makes my skin look almost poreless
- doesn't leave a white veil as other translucent powders have (cough cough MAC)...
- PACKAGING!! I love how it's purple and almost like 3D. I'm not embarrassed to powder my face in public just because I love showing off the packaging lol. I also love how it's kinda heavy, makes it feel more good quality
- lasts for months: I use this product probably 5 times a day almost every day, and it lasts me 4-5 months before i have to repurchase
- the compact puff/pad whatever is great because it picks up the perfect amount of product, not too much and not too little. Also love how it sticks to the mirror when you open it to keep it out of the way

CONS:
- #1 con is the price. Although, it does last a very long time
- packaging: this has only happened once, but the mirror part Kind of like half detached so now when I open the compact it's wobbly and I feel like it'll break off any day
- compact pad/puff doesn't outlast the product itself. I tried to wash the puff as it got dirty from months of use, and it got destroyed. Contrary to my pro about the puff, I sometimes dont like how it sticks to the mirror, because then I have to peel it off when I just wanna use the mirror quickly

Overall, I will repurchase this again and again (even though the price is crazy IMO!) until I find a product that controls my oil better. Love!!

The powder is definitely oil-controlled, however you definitely have to be careful how much you apply. When I'm extra oily, I like to have a matte face, but I literally look like a pale porcelain doll if I apply too much. I think this would be good in summer to wear as a base to the beach or something. However, for the price, hard candy has a better mattifying powder I prefer over this. Might re-purchase...

on 12/26/2013 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Finall found a good mattifying powder! I tried Mac's blot powder but it clogged my pores and also made me really itchy. I've tried some drugstore ones as well but they never did the trick. This is so worth the money!

-beautiful packaging. Kind of heavy but no big deal.
-doesnt make me look ashy. I'm very dark and I was concerned it would make me look dry and ashy but it's very finely milled and just glides on.
-keeps me shine free for 8+ hours. I rarely ever touch up anymore. With old powders I would touch up 3-4 times a day. Not anymore!
-didn't give me any breakouts or bad reactions.
-expensive? yes. 30 dollars at my Ulta but I don't regret splashing out for it.

-the only con is that it does contain talc. Talc sometimes can break out the skin. But honestly it's quite rare to find a blot powder that doesn't contain Talc. Unless you go for something super organic but will probably end up being more expensive, Other than that I really do like this powder.

on 7/17/2013 11:51:00 PM

I have very oily skin and always carry around blotting papers. Tried this and it seriously works all day long on me. Expensive yes however on Urban Decay's site right now it's 50% off, still full price at Sephora. I'm going to buy several I like it so much and it looks like its being discontinued. I like the Tarte also but for this price it's Urban Decay all the way.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I think I may have finally found my Holy Grail powder!!!! I normally have "normal" skin, I get oily in my T-Zone but now that it's summer here in Seattle it's been very hot and VERY humid. I was loving my Milani Multitasker Powder which is supposed to be a blotting/foundation/setting powder all in one. It works great in the cooler months of the year but lately I have been sweating like a pig. Literally not even 20 mins after I put my make up on I have a puddle of sweat/shine on my nose and upper lip. I was shocked since this has never happened this bad and I don't know if it's becaus I'm not wearing my MAC Prolong Wear foundation but nothing I do helps. Blotting takes away the shine temporarily but not even an hour later I'm back to square one. When I use the Milani powdeer to "blot", it just enhances where I'm sweating and literally takes the color off of my face making it super obvious and ugly. I went into Sephora looking for the perfect blotting/summer powder and I was given two options - Cover FX or UD's De-slick Mattifying powder. I was already super oily and sweaty from walking through the mall. The SA at Sephora pretty much know me by name, lol so she suggested the UD. I didn't blot or anything and used a fluffy but dense powder brush to apply it on my shiny areas. I was flabbergasted! It completely sucked up the oil and mattified my skin without being heavy and without taking off/disintegrating the foundation on my nose.I was in love!!! Not to mention the beautiful packaging. I use this in conjunction with UD's De-Slick Finishing Spray. Using this somehow keeps me matte for HOURS. It really makes my skin look flawless. It's ridiculously expensive but I think it's well worth it.

This product really does mattify my skin. I have oily skin especially on my chin, nose and forehead. I apply this with a kabuki brush over my revlon colorstay in medium beige. I'll say this lasts 11 hours. It did not leave a white sheen on my skin, it blended in nicely with my skin color. Urban decay does it again with this great product! The purple compact is a plus too.