Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder
De-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying Powder

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

New (2013) formula: Talc, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tricaprylin, Calcium Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methicone, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale), Phenoxyethanol. [+/- May Contain: CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines)]. Old (pre-2013) formula: Talc, Calcium, Carbonate, Tricaprylin, Oriza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium, EDTA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower, Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl, Palmitate, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) .

I bought this because I really needed a powder to control all of my oil and shine during the summer. I figured I would have better luck with a high end brand.

This is a translucent powder. Most translucent powders leave a white cast on my foundation. This one, however, does not which is fantastic. This stuff is so fine milled, too! When you dust it on, it mattifies beautifully without leaving that powdery look on your face. I really was impressed.

I find that this stuff last about 5-6 hours before I need another dusting. I was a little shocked...I would have liked it to last longer, but since it doesn't look powdery or cakey, I will not complain. Reapplying is a breeze anyhow.

I would also like to mention that I use a kabuki brush, not the pad that comes in the compact. I get a more even application this way without any white cast.

The compact is beautiful by the way :) I am never the type to buy based on packaging...but it's gorgeous.

I really like this powder. I reach for it all the time. It plays nicely with all of my foundations and gives me a matte look without caking and looking powdery. It's a little pricey, but so far I feel like it's worth it. One compact has lasted me nearly a year. Definitely was a good purchase.

on 7/12/2014 8:40:00 PM

I am thoroughly impressed with this powder. It definitely decreases the oil on my skin & leaves my makeup looking fresh for longer. I have to say that I would only recommend this to people with oily skin, because if I don't apply lotion before (and my skin is super oily) it gets a bit cakey around drier areas. It goes on translucent the first two times, but after that I would recommend mixing it with some colored powder because it then tends to look a bit like baking powder on your skin (and I'm SUPER white). My only real complaint about this powder is the packaging because it's super hard to open and I keep breaking my nail on it. Overall though, I really like this product though & will definitely repurchase. All of my oily skinned friends should definitely try it out! Worth every penny.

This is by far my favorite powder I have ever used. I have combination skin, but the center of my forehead is so oily I could probably fry in it. However, this powder not only managed to keep my forehead matte all day long (probably 14 hours to be exact), it kept my dry cheeks from getting dry and didn't look cakey at all. This makes my foundation look matte and perfect all day long. It is also so translucent that I don't feel the need to put on powder highlighter, I can use liquid before I apply this powder and it is still noticeable. I would recommend this for everyone because my extremely dry cheeks weren't affected by this powder and it is marvelous for oily skin.

on 3/5/2014 8:24:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This compact is beautiful on the outside and inside :) looks fab in my handbag! A little really does go a long way with this product and should only be used on oily skin. A friend tried it and she has normal skin and it just sat on the surface and made her look like a ghost. I find that it doesn't make your skin feel heavy after applying.

on 2/4/2014 2:24:00 PM

This works but you really have to be very careful and not apply too much. The pad that comes with it sucks! So I just used a powder brush like others did. There were a lot of times where I put too much so if this happens, just brush off the extra with you hands lightly. My negative overall rating comes from the price and mainly that mine broke within a month. I have it in my purse and one day when I opened it I found it all in crumbles. I had no choice but to trash it. :( I still haven't bought another one and it has been 6 months. In the in winter I don't have the need for this so much so maybe I will try it again this summer.

on 11/29/2013 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I've yet to find a HG product but this is it. I can't believe this stuff.

I have oily skin. No matter what I use, even Revlon Colorstay products, I still have to blot about twice a day. Not with this. I can go allll day without having to not once. Which is freakin' amazing for me!

Absolutely will buy again and again.

I love that it's a pressed powder, very travel/purse friendly- though I never need to carry it around because I need no touch ups. I think the compact is beautiful and I like that is heavy-ish. I've dropped it without a dent.

My skin is light-neutral color. I've noticed no white powder looking affects from it. Just blends right in and looks completely natural. You do not need a lot of product on your face. Once I was fairly heavy handed with it and it was too drying. Now I just dust it on, using a bit more on my t-zone.

I use a tinted moisturizer and this and I'm good to go for the entire day.

It's very find milled.

For all you oily skinned girls/boys, this is definitely worth it. Sometimes I'll even use it on bare skin to keep the shine away. I even use it over my eyelids to keep them from getting oily and I can skip eyelid primer totally.

on 6/5/2013 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The product does exactly what you want it to, mattifies the skin, but the price is simply too much for me to justify when it only slightly outperforms any other powder product.

To apply it, I'd strongly advise against using the sponge that comes with the powder. Only a bare minimum is needed to work, which means it does last a long time. Obviously this product is intended for those with oily skin, but if you have any dry, flaky areas be really careful or even avoid them, because the powder just clings to them like mad. It's pretty dodgy if you haven't moisturized, and if you have dry skin I'd totally avoid it. I usually just brush a super light covering over my nose and forehead.

However, one definite redeeming feature is that you can use it to prime OR set your lids for eyeshadow. It does impede blendability slightly, but it does a pretty damn good job at stopping creases.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is my HG setting powder. I hate how expensive it is but I have not been able to find a drugstore substitute anywhere near this quality.

It is completely translucent and it works like a charm. I put it on with a small kabuki brush after my foundation/concealer but before any blush or bronzer.

I absolutely hate the packaging though. The compact it comes in is cheap and plastic, and it never closed properly. It broke within a week of me having it, but I was able to repot it into a small LUSH sample size pot and set it with the rubbing alcohol trick. Luckily I have a really small kabuki brush that fits in the pot!

on 12/4/2012 5:27:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

With the stellar reviews I was SO excited to try this powder that I drove 20 miles out of my way to Ulta to buy it because my local store (Sephora) was out of stock.

I have a "very oily" t-zone, with dry areas elsewhere, and haven't EVER found a product that keeps me matte for more than 30 minutes. This powder was no exception, so I may be returning it since it was $30+.

I gave it 3 lippies because it applies nicely over my Bare Minerals loose powder foundation, but I did have to reapply every 45 minutes. I'm going to try it again under my foundation as well as over, just to see if that makes a difference, & I'll report my findings.

on 11/30/2012 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

A.MAZ.ING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well worth the price because this is the only product to give me oil free skin ALL DAY. The only negative thing I have to say is I have been using this for a week and can see the bottom. I don't use lots of powder so a bit disappointed that it's going so quick.