Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder
De-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying Powder

3.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

New (2013) formula: Talc, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tricaprylin, Calcium Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methicone, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale), Phenoxyethanol. [+/- May Contain: CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines)]. Old (pre-2013) formula: Talc, Calcium, Carbonate, Tricaprylin, Oriza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium, EDTA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower, Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl, Palmitate, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) .

on 9/17/2015 1:10:00 PM

I live in a very humid place and my T zone can get quite greasy; this powder works great on me. It goes over makeup or bare skin very well, with no whiteness or altering the skin/ makeup colour. Depending on environment sometimes I build this up and it doesn't look cakey. If I want a radiant/ slick look, I dust this very lightly to prevent excess oiliness and it works great then too.

I haven't used many such powders prior to discovering this but it does a fantastic job, definitely worth the money.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Even though I dont have oily skin I like to set my makeup with a powder because I feel incomplete if I dont. I only use MAC powders and I decided to go for a change. So I did my homework and finally this Urban Decay powder seemed the most appealing to me. It retails for 19 pounds which is ok since MAC is around the same price but I do wish I didnt waste my money because I dont like it at all. Its not translecent because it does leave a "white cast" on your face and its not light weight! It feels cakey for everyday Wear. The only thing I liked was the packaging. 2/5 for me

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

While it is intended to be a "mattifying" powder, I don't think it's any different than drugstore powders. Once applied for touch-ups it does provide a shine-free finish, however I feel that it is not long lasting. I will be a greasy mess in less than an hour. What a waste.

3/13/15 - Again I say, this does absolutely NOTHING to contain oil!

Does the job covers blemishes everything it's great

I came across Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder while looking for a powder. I have combination/ oily skin, and this is just the bee's knees! I absolutely love it. I love the product as well as the case! The application puff sticks to the mirror! love that! the product is great because the powder is colorless, so it takes out the hassle of trying to match your correct skin tone. It feels lightweight but also keeps your skin looking great for hours! I really feel there's nothing like it in product and cute case!

on 1/5/2014 2:14:00 PM

The best pressed powder I could find for controlling oil and keeping makeup in place. I do need to touch up with this about 6-8 hours in, so its not perfect. Perfect is the Tarte powder but thats loose and it too hard to put on when you are on the go. I don't like the applicator it comes with and I use a brush. It def does a good job on pores. It does mattify and I dont think I am too oily but no matter which foundation I use- ranges from liquid to powder to cream, and even with or without a primer- I still need to reapply after 6 hours to the area between my eyebrows. I do wear my bangs to side so it may be play a factor. I guess if you are ALWAYS putting on your makeup at home I'd suggest trying the Tarte Amazonian Clay powder.

This product really does mattify my skin. I have oily skin especially on my chin, nose and forehead. I apply this with a kabuki brush over my revlon colorstay in medium beige. I'll say this lasts 11 hours. It did not leave a white sheen on my skin, it blended in nicely with my skin color. Urban decay does it again with this great product! The purple compact is a plus too.

on 11/10/2012 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I usually try to test a product like this for about a week and then submit a review. I got this powder yesterday morning and I'm just amazed. I have a VERY oily nose and forehead and this powder just works. I was afraid because the powder is clearly white but it blends perfect with my skin (NC42). I thought 32 bucks was a lot but I know it's going to last a long time because I don't have to be re-applying it often like I used to with my studio fix. I will definetly purchase this product again.

on 8/27/2012 1:45:00 PM

LOVE: The powder itself is wonderful. It's lightweight and mattifies the skin.

HATE: The packaging on the other hand is attrocious. It's big and bulky for one thing, although quite 'pretty' in terms of esthetics. I do not recommend carrying this around in you purse though. The big bulky packaging does not protect the powder from cracking and falling apart.

In contrast, I've been carrying around this and a Maybelline PureStay powder foundation compact in the same makeup bag. The Maybelline has tacky, lightweight packaging, but the product still remains in tact.

Although you get 11.4g of product, I felt like I hit pan on this really quickly. I was using it only in the morning to set my foundation.

Will not repurchase. It's basically a pressed version of the ELF HD powder.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Works very well for me. I use it over Cargo Tinted Moisturizer. I take an E.L.F. complexion brush and get a good amount of product on it, then I kind of stipple it onto my skin, T-zone first, then swirl a little bit around the spots I already applied. At the end of the day, there may be a little bit of oil on my forehead, but it's much, much, much less than there would be without it. I use it every day and will repurchase when it's gone. :)