Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder
De-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying Powder

3.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

New (2013) formula: Talc, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tricaprylin, Calcium Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methicone, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale), Phenoxyethanol. [+/- May Contain: CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines)]. Old (pre-2013) formula: Talc, Calcium, Carbonate, Tricaprylin, Oriza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium, EDTA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower, Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl, Palmitate, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) .

on 10/14/2017 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

Oh... how I'd love to give this a good review, but my skin says no. Like a lot of others said.... The effects are short lived. Huge let down, but in my case the main problem was it emphasized the pores on my nose so bad. It left white spots where each pore is. I tried several times with lots of different foundations and it was the same for me every single time. I use it now only on my cheeks and forehead and even my chest area. (I will get my money's worth. Lol) This comes in beautiful heavy packaging. But didn't work out for this oily gal.

on 5/28/2016 12:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This powder makes my skin look great as soon as I apply it, BUT the effect only lasts about 5 or 10 minutes for me then I look exactly like I did before I used it. Everyone's skin is different, but for my super oily nose, leaving my $6 CG Oil Control powder was a mistake.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is my HG setting powder. I hate how expensive it is but I have not been able to find a drugstore substitute anywhere near this quality.

It is completely translucent and it works like a charm. I put it on with a small kabuki brush after my foundation/concealer but before any blush or bronzer.

I absolutely hate the packaging though. The compact it comes in is cheap and plastic, and it never closed properly. It broke within a week of me having it, but I was able to repot it into a small LUSH sample size pot and set it with the rubbing alcohol trick. Luckily I have a really small kabuki brush that fits in the pot!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Crazy about this powder! I have never used a powder that has kept me so matte for so long! It also does not cake my face and leaves it feeling smooth. In love with this product!

on 4/16/2012 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This mattifying powder is awesome!! I have combination skin, so I really only get oily in my t-zone. I lightly pat/buff this onto my t-zone with a kabuki in the morning and my face stays shine-free for at least 8+ hours!! For me, that is unheard of. Usually by 3:00 my t-zone is super shiny. Now it's matte (but not too matte..it just looks like I have naturally perfect skin!!) I love that it's actually translucent AND that it doesn't give a white cast in person or on camera. I bought this after I realized my MUFE HD finishing powder gave me a terrible white cast on pics taken with a flash!! This does not and it keeps the oil away way better than the MUFE HD. Love the compact!!I highly recommend this! (Just fyi, this is also one of Carlene K's (Kristen Cavallari's MUA) favorites!

on 3/3/2011 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I really like this powder. It does have some downside - The puff it comes with - although pretty, is BAD, throw that away. I use a powder brush with this instead and it works much better. I don't have the white effect some users describe, but then again I am an ultra pale redhead. Oh, and the samll is a little medicinal, but it fades within a couple minutes, so it's no biggy. This lasts all day in the winter for me, and needs to be reapplied about once a day in the summer, and I do have my oily spots. The compact is super cute, and the product leaves my face feeling velvetty.

on 2/22/2011 2:36:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have a rather shiny face, even when it is dry and non-oily. This product does amazing things for me. Instant matte, exactly what it advertises. It's now a daily essential for me. I put it on last, and it keeps me looking pristine for several hours (instead of slick and shiny the way I would be otherwise). I usually do a touch-up when I get back from class, and that will last me for the rest of the evening.

on 6/15/2010 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I paid a lot of money for rice powder. I appreciate that its a pressed rice powder, but that's what it is in the end.

I broke mine a couple months after buying it. the mirror side broke off that time. Then i would keep it rubberbanded together and dropped that on a rug and the whole thing shattered. so now i own pressed rice powder for $20 less and it works just as well.

if you like UD and you have cash to burn get this...the packaging is really cute. otherwise eh. blotting sheets work just as well. cheaper brands work just as well.

on 3/3/2010 11:47:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Not a big fan really. The smell makes my tummy turn and I don't feel it's super awesome either. The sponge sucks and while I think a kabuki would apply best, I don't want to brush a kabuki over my finished makeup in the middle of the day. It does work in mattifying the oil but it does set white.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Wow, purple compact with skulls...I am in love. The powder itself it very good. I like the no-color of it, no weird color build up when you need to touch up mid-day. This just might be HG for me. My skin is sensitive and so far no break outs or redness from this powder. Best of all it does not accentuate the fine lines I am starting to get around the eyes.