Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder
De-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying Powder

3.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

New (2013) formula: Talc, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tricaprylin, Calcium Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methicone, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale), Phenoxyethanol. [+/- May Contain: CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines)]. Old (pre-2013) formula: Talc, Calcium, Carbonate, Tricaprylin, Oriza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium, EDTA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower, Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl, Palmitate, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) .

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Very disappointed with this product, because it is definitely not translucent. It is too pale for my medium tanned skin, and gives my face a white cast. I would definitely not recommend this for anyone whose skin tone isn’t light. So no matter how good this powder might be, it is still unusable for me.

Other than that, I can’t reallt fault this product. It’s not cakey, goes into the skin smoothly, has a slight blurring effect. The packaging is not only beautiful, but it’s also nice and firm so I imagine it can withstand some banging around in my makeup bag without breaking. However, it’s oil control properties are nothing to boast about. It’s not bad, and does control oil reasonably well, but it’s also definitely nowhere near the best I’ve had. I find it strictly average.

To sum it up, I’d recommend it for those with combination to moderately oily fair skin. But if you haven’t got fair skin or you were looking for something with stronger oil control, then this is not it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the first powder claiming to be 'mattifying' which has actually lived up to its promise. I definitely notice that my skin - especially my t-zone - is nowhere near as oily looking or feeling when I use this. But - be warned! You can definitely overdo this and use too much, giving you a glow that Casper the Friendly Ghost would envy. It has a slight lavender hue to it, so over-applying (by accident or on purpose) can end up making my skin look very sallow.

For the price - £19.50 - it's definitely worth it in my opinion. You could easily spend that much on a selection of cheaper ones that make the same claims, but don't work. This one actually does what it claims to do and should last a while too, so the price for me is justified.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this product. I think overall, it works just as well as blotting paper but cheaper in the long-term.

I like that it doesn't leave a white cast over my face, doesn't settle into my wrinkles.
Highly recommended.

on 8/23/2015 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My skin is pretty oily so I bought this since it had high reviews. I used up the whole thing and I can surely say that it's no different from a drugstore pressed powder for me. Controls oil for a couple of hours. The translucent powder didn't alter my foundation colour (some tend to make my face lighter), and didn't break me out which is good. Won't repurchase because of the price and that I could get something just as effective at the drugstore!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Okay, so there are hundreds of shine free powders out there. A lot of great drugstore options as well. I will admit, I'm guilty for buying this because of the packaging. I don't use this as a setting powder but as a blotting powder on the go. I wanted something pretty to pull out when I'm out. Sounds lame right? I think not, I just sound like a normal cosmetic junkie girl! So why not just get Guerlain or Chanel if I'm going to be this silly? Well, I study ingredients. I have to for my skin type. Since I hit my 30's, I developed acne for the first time and my skin became reactive to ingredients. The ingredients in De-Slick looked promising and safe. After using this for a few weeks, it is safe for me. Honestly, nothing will ever compare to MAC Blot (tears). This was the only powder that really knocked the crap out of my oil. But, it clogged my pores like crazy. I just can't use it anymore. Because I'm medium olive, avoiding the ol' white cast is a real struggle for me. I don't pack on the powder with the puff and apply it like I'm waxing a car. That will cause a white cast! If I'm really oily in certain spots. I gently dip the puff in the powder and apply it to the oily spot with firm pressure in blotting motions to that specific area until the shine is gone. If I have a light veil of oil all over, I use a travel kabuki brush and lightly dust all over.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Even though I dont have oily skin I like to set my makeup with a powder because I feel incomplete if I dont. I only use MAC powders and I decided to go for a change. So I did my homework and finally this Urban Decay powder seemed the most appealing to me. It retails for 19 pounds which is ok since MAC is around the same price but I do wish I didnt waste my money because I dont like it at all. Its not translecent because it does leave a "white cast" on your face and its not light weight! It feels cakey for everyday Wear. The only thing I liked was the packaging. 2/5 for me

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Absolute HG product among powders, hands down.

I am currently using the 3rd powder and I plan on buying it till aliens invade Planet Earth.

It does what a powder should do: Mattifies without cakeing.

It is absolutely transparent and lightweight. I apply it with MAC #150 powder brush and it makes my skin flawless ( I am NC20)

Just be careful not to overdo it because your face will turn ghostly white.

on 12/26/2013 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Finall found a good mattifying powder! I tried Mac's blot powder but it clogged my pores and also made me really itchy. I've tried some drugstore ones as well but they never did the trick. This is so worth the money!

-beautiful packaging. Kind of heavy but no big deal.
-doesnt make me look ashy. I'm very dark and I was concerned it would make me look dry and ashy but it's very finely milled and just glides on.
-keeps me shine free for 8+ hours. I rarely ever touch up anymore. With old powders I would touch up 3-4 times a day. Not anymore!
-didn't give me any breakouts or bad reactions.
-expensive? yes. 30 dollars at my Ulta but I don't regret splashing out for it.

-the only con is that it does contain talc. Talc sometimes can break out the skin. But honestly it's quite rare to find a blot powder that doesn't contain Talc. Unless you go for something super organic but will probably end up being more expensive, Other than that I really do like this powder.

I needed something to set my foundation and keep my face from looking oily. I started working at a new hospital this past couple weeks and I've been a nervous wreck. I haven't been using a primer and this keeps my makeup looking like it has just been applied even after ten hours! Keeps my oil under control and my face is completely matte for the entire duration of work. I really enjoy this and it photographs well without the white cast. Doesn't interfere with the colour of your foundation and goes on clear. I apply more of this around the T zone.

Just a side note, I apply this with my Sigma F30 brush. The sponge it comes with is absolute garbage. I tossed it out as soon I opened it.

on 11/29/2013 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I've yet to find a HG product but this is it. I can't believe this stuff.

I have oily skin. No matter what I use, even Revlon Colorstay products, I still have to blot about twice a day. Not with this. I can go allll day without having to not once. Which is freakin' amazing for me!

Absolutely will buy again and again.

I love that it's a pressed powder, very travel/purse friendly- though I never need to carry it around because I need no touch ups. I think the compact is beautiful and I like that is heavy-ish. I've dropped it without a dent.

My skin is light-neutral color. I've noticed no white powder looking affects from it. Just blends right in and looks completely natural. You do not need a lot of product on your face. Once I was fairly heavy handed with it and it was too drying. Now I just dust it on, using a bit more on my t-zone.

I use a tinted moisturizer and this and I'm good to go for the entire day.

It's very find milled.

For all you oily skinned girls/boys, this is definitely worth it. Sometimes I'll even use it on bare skin to keep the shine away. I even use it over my eyelids to keep them from getting oily and I can skip eyelid primer totally.