Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

Filtered by hair type : Other
Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder
De-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying Powder

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

New (2013) formula: Talc, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tricaprylin, Calcium Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methicone, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale), Phenoxyethanol. [+/- May Contain: CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines)]. Old (pre-2013) formula: Talc, Calcium, Carbonate, Tricaprylin, Oriza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium, EDTA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower, Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl, Palmitate, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) .

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have a very oily t zone and I live in the south... I put a lot of time into figuring out how to remain matte. This product has helped out with that a lot. I usually use Tarte's translucent setting powder. This product does seem to hold up a bit longer without shine, but I can't say by leaps and bounds. Just a bit. It's at the same price point though. The compact is nice. I believe I will repurchase when I run out of it.

Update: definitely prefer Tarte's powder for shine control. The more I tested, the more Tarte came out on top. I have yet to try Laura Mercier or Kat Von D's powder, so I can't offer a comparison for those at this time.

on 12/1/2015 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This powder is truly amazing
It is just a white mattifying powder, it does not add any coverage, but it just keeps you matte.
It keeps you matte like instantly, you can see the difference.
For me, i am really oily around my t-zone, i pat it on, it keep that area matte for about three to four hours...
This is the kind of product you can see the instant effect on, but it's kinda pricy i think..

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

While it is intended to be a "mattifying" powder, I don't think it's any different than drugstore powders. Once applied for touch-ups it does provide a shine-free finish, however I feel that it is not long lasting. I will be a greasy mess in less than an hour. What a waste.

3/13/15 - Again I say, this does absolutely NOTHING to contain oil!

on 9/9/2014 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

First of all, the packaging is gorgeous. The purple, quite heavy packaging with engravings is beautiful and it also has a mirror in the lid, smart! The pad that comes with it is unfortunately useless, it's too thin and stale. Use something else to apply. I usually use a fluffy powder brush. It looks stark white but don't be scared it's transparent and leaves your skin velvet soft. For me, who has an oily t-zone, this is perfect as at setting powder and for touch ups during the day. I feel like it really helps keeping my skin matte. It does not have any smell and the price is ok. It lasts a long time as well! I will always repurchase this.

I came across Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder while looking for a powder. I have combination/ oily skin, and this is just the bee's knees! I absolutely love it. I love the product as well as the case! The application puff sticks to the mirror! love that! the product is great because the powder is colorless, so it takes out the hassle of trying to match your correct skin tone. It feels lightweight but also keeps your skin looking great for hours! I really feel there's nothing like it in product and cute case!

on 3/5/2014 8:24:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This compact is beautiful on the outside and inside :) looks fab in my handbag! A little really does go a long way with this product and should only be used on oily skin. A friend tried it and she has normal skin and it just sat on the surface and made her look like a ghost. I find that it doesn't make your skin feel heavy after applying.

on 12/26/2013 11:46:00 PM

First off the packaging of this is gorgeous with so much detail on the lid! It's perhaps one of the prettiest compacts I have owned. However the compact itself is quite heavy. This is a late review as I used this in the summer of this year 2013 and have finished it. It is my go-to setting powder for the summer. I normally have dry skin but I have oily skin in the humid summer months. This kept me shine-free all day during the summer and held up my foundation. I will gladly repurchase this for next summer. I rarely had to re-apply powder using this. It also comes with a puff so it is travel friendly. It is finely milled, doesn't make foundation look cakey, or make your face look ashy as some other so-called translucent powders can. Other setting compacts that I have use that DO NOT compare to how well this performs are: Mac prep/prime compact, MUFE loose HD setting powder, MUFE duo mat.

This product really does mattify my skin. I have oily skin especially on my chin, nose and forehead. I apply this with a kabuki brush over my revlon colorstay in medium beige. I'll say this lasts 11 hours. It did not leave a white sheen on my skin, it blended in nicely with my skin color. Urban decay does it again with this great product! The purple compact is a plus too.

on 3/11/2012 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Definitely one of the top mattifying powders that I've tried. The powder is a light purple color that is completely translucent on my tan skin. I always apply it with a brush so that I can easily just get rid of the excess. It works, but it's not a miracle product, my skin is just too oily and I have to use several blotting sheets a day. It'll keep my skin matte for a little while, but the oil will eventually seep through.

The fact that this doesn't come in a skin tone color is a plus, because those that I've tried and worked were never REALLY translucent. Also, it doesn't break me out which is always great.

Bottom line, I would repurchase because it's completely translucent, doesn't break me out and works for a short while. However, because it doesn't last as long as I would like, I don't think the price is justifiable, so I will continue my search.

UPDATE 1/30/2015
I've been using this ever since. It's pricey but I only use it once a day to set my makeup, and then I use blotting papers the rest of the day, so it lasts a long while for me.

on 10/28/2011 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

UD De-Slick is one of my favorite powders.For reference, I'm currently dry and about NW 10-15, with that bluish kind of undertone. The powder has a pale lavender tint in the compact, but goes on colorless ( remember- pale and bluish here) when applied lightly. Though the ingredients would make it seem completely matte, I find that over ss, bare skin, or TM, De-Slick has a very natural finish, with almost a glow. At the same time, it takes off the shine. The sponge which comes with it is useless - thin and cheap-feeling. I apply a small amount with a fluffy powder brush to get a very pretty, natural look, which usually needs no touch-up during the day. In warm weather, I may touch up my nose with just a dab of De-Slick powder on my fingertip. The compact is well-made and weighty. It is a lovely translucent purple, with what are supposed to be edgy designs. They simply look like scrollwork unless one looks closely, so this compact is adult-looking but eye-catching when whipped out of a purse. It took me almost a year to use it up. I will definitely repurchase.