Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder
De-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying Powder

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

New (2013) formula: Talc, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tricaprylin, Calcium Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methicone, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale), Phenoxyethanol. [+/- May Contain: CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines)]. Old (pre-2013) formula: Talc, Calcium, Carbonate, Tricaprylin, Oriza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium, EDTA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower, Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl, Palmitate, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) .

on 11/11/2016 11:22:00 AM

This product is good but over rated. It did leave me with white marks and as a result I hardly use this anymore. It does have a good mattefying effect but not worth the white marks.

on 11/11/2016 11:01:00 AM

I love everything about this product except...it broke me out pretty bad. SO disappointing. For reference, I have VERY acne-prone skin (If I blow my nose too much I break out) and VERY oily skin. Topical meds I take for the acne-prone make my skin even oilier. But I'll take being blemish free for more oil! So, I was obviously looking for a pressed powder to help combat that oil. This really did do a nice job. I was still oily using this, but I think it maybe reduced it a tad. No miracle worker though. I did like how it made my skin look as well. I know there probably won't be a powder anywhere to get rid of my oil so I don't fault it for that. I would have kept it and used it daily if it didn't break me out, so if you have good skin you'll probably like this. It didn't break me out in like blemishes all over, it gave me one ginormous blemish on my chin which a week later is still there. I could also feel more blemishes forming, but I stopped using it immediately. So overall, if you have decent skin you might like this. If you are very acne prone, it'll probably break you out. If you're very oily, it'll be something but not a miracle worker. I'm still on my difficult hunt for a pressed powder.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the first powder claiming to be 'mattifying' which has actually lived up to its promise. I definitely notice that my skin - especially my t-zone - is nowhere near as oily looking or feeling when I use this. But - be warned! You can definitely overdo this and use too much, giving you a glow that Casper the Friendly Ghost would envy. It has a slight lavender hue to it, so over-applying (by accident or on purpose) can end up making my skin look very sallow.

For the price - £19.50 - it's definitely worth it in my opinion. You could easily spend that much on a selection of cheaper ones that make the same claims, but don't work. This one actually does what it claims to do and should last a while too, so the price for me is justified.

This powder is pure perfection! Look no further for another one. You get what you want: a long lasting, cakey-free, transparent powder that fights the oil in your face. This is my HG powder and I've tried alot. But they became cakey during layering/reapplying or didn't last long. With this one, you get the sweetest girly packaging ever for a powder. No wonder why it costs over 30. The mirror and a little sponge come as well, but the product is the most important thing. With this, I only need to touch up twice in a long night out in a club. Before that, I needed to reapply 10 times! Don't wait any longer, get this. Now!

on 5/28/2016 12:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This powder makes my skin look great as soon as I apply it, BUT the effect only lasts about 5 or 10 minutes for me then I look exactly like I did before I used it. Everyone's skin is different, but for my super oily nose, leaving my $6 CG Oil Control powder was a mistake.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this product. I think overall, it works just as well as blotting paper but cheaper in the long-term.

I like that it doesn't leave a white cast over my face, doesn't settle into my wrinkles.
Highly recommended.

I bought this because I really needed a powder to control all of my oil and shine during the summer. I figured I would have better luck with a high end brand.

This is a translucent powder. Most translucent powders leave a white cast on my foundation. This one, however, does not which is fantastic. This stuff is so fine milled, too! When you dust it on, it mattifies beautifully without leaving that powdery look on your face. I really was impressed.

I find that this stuff last about 5-6 hours before I need another dusting. I was a little shocked...I would have liked it to last longer, but since it doesn't look powdery or cakey, I will not complain. Reapplying is a breeze anyhow.

I would also like to mention that I use a kabuki brush, not the pad that comes in the compact. I get a more even application this way without any white cast.

The compact is beautiful by the way :) I am never the type to buy based on packaging...but it's gorgeous.

I really like this powder. I reach for it all the time. It plays nicely with all of my foundations and gives me a matte look without caking and looking powdery. It's a little pricey, but so far I feel like it's worth it. One compact has lasted me nearly a year. Definitely was a good purchase.

on 9/9/2014 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product didn't "de-slick" me. Like, at all. I was shiny again about 2 to 3 hours later. I do have beyond oily skin though, so I gave up on trying to find good oil control products awhile ago. However, despite that this doesn't keep me shine free, I do enjoy this product! It gives my skin a perfect, velvet finish, doesn't enlarge pores, sits beautifully with my bronzer and blushes, and is buildable without being cakey. So, obviously, that's alotta good! Yeah, it doesn't do what it promises, but there's so much good coming out of it that I won't return it. I won't purchase it again, but I will enjoy this until it's gone!

on 5/16/2014 12:11:00 AM

Love love love. HG product. My skin is BEYOND oily - 10 mins after I apply and set makeup I am already starting to get oily again. I have to blot every hour or 2 or else my makeup will melt off my face. Although this product doesn't rid my oiliness completely, it DEFINITELY has reduced it A LOT, which no other mattifying powders have done (MAC, tarte, revlon, etc etc).

PROS:
- reduces blotting time from every hour to every 2-3 hours which is the best I've found
- amazingly smooth powder: applies like a dream. It's incredibly finely milled and makes my skin look almost poreless
- doesn't leave a white veil as other translucent powders have (cough cough MAC)...
- PACKAGING!! I love how it's purple and almost like 3D. I'm not embarrassed to powder my face in public just because I love showing off the packaging lol. I also love how it's kinda heavy, makes it feel more good quality
- lasts for months: I use this product probably 5 times a day almost every day, and it lasts me 4-5 months before i have to repurchase
- the compact puff/pad whatever is great because it picks up the perfect amount of product, not too much and not too little. Also love how it sticks to the mirror when you open it to keep it out of the way

CONS:
- #1 con is the price. Although, it does last a very long time
- packaging: this has only happened once, but the mirror part Kind of like half detached so now when I open the compact it's wobbly and I feel like it'll break off any day
- compact pad/puff doesn't outlast the product itself. I tried to wash the puff as it got dirty from months of use, and it got destroyed. Contrary to my pro about the puff, I sometimes dont like how it sticks to the mirror, because then I have to peel it off when I just wanna use the mirror quickly

Overall, I will repurchase this again and again (even though the price is crazy IMO!) until I find a product that controls my oil better. Love!!

on 4/11/2014 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Awesome powder, does not look cakey even if you use a little too much. As far as shine control, I have VERY oily skin, so I'll start to see some shine come through after a few hours, but thats a huge improvement from when I would be shiny after an hour. I only have to blot usually two times a day, where as other powders it would be every hour or so. I love that it looks natural and never cakes up. I just wish it was a little cheaper because it usually only lasts me a month and a half, but i'll deal with 30 dollars a month for this!