Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder
De-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying Powder

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

New (2013) formula: Talc, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tricaprylin, Calcium Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methicone, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale), Phenoxyethanol. [+/- May Contain: CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines)]. Old (pre-2013) formula: Talc, Calcium, Carbonate, Tricaprylin, Oriza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium, EDTA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower, Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl, Palmitate, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) .

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the first powder claiming to be 'mattifying' which has actually lived up to its promise. I definitely notice that my skin - especially my t-zone - is nowhere near as oily looking or feeling when I use this. But - be warned! You can definitely overdo this and use too much, giving you a glow that Casper the Friendly Ghost would envy. It has a slight lavender hue to it, so over-applying (by accident or on purpose) can end up making my skin look very sallow.

For the price - £19.50 - it's definitely worth it in my opinion. You could easily spend that much on a selection of cheaper ones that make the same claims, but don't work. This one actually does what it claims to do and should last a while too, so the price for me is justified.

on 8/23/2015 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My skin is pretty oily so I bought this since it had high reviews. I used up the whole thing and I can surely say that it's no different from a drugstore pressed powder for me. Controls oil for a couple of hours. The translucent powder didn't alter my foundation colour (some tend to make my face lighter), and didn't break me out which is good. Won't repurchase because of the price and that I could get something just as effective at the drugstore!

on 10/5/2013 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a great powder for both setting foundation and mattifying. A light dusting with a loose bristled brush keeps foundation in place and a heavier application gives a great matte finish. It doesn't add colour or change the colour of your foundation which is what attracted me to it in the first place-having fair skin means even colour-matched powders make me look too peachy.

The only real downside is it's not great on larger pores so I can't use it on my nose.

The included puff is truly awful, I'd rather they just didn't include it, but the packaging is sturdy and the mirror is good.

on 8/16/2012 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I break out from makeup really, really easily. Corn starch in particular is a big culprit, yet tough to avoid. This is the ONLY powder I've tried that doesn't make my skin angry. Hence I'm willing to pay the somewhat ridiculous price.

It goes on colorlessly - it doesn't look white or chalky on me, although I'm very, very pale, so take that with a grain of salt. This powder lasts me about 4 months with daily wear. However, I've since scaled back my use of skin makeup because my sensitive skin is happiest when I leave it bare. So with only sometimes use, I think it will last a really long time. I downgraded my rating of the packaging only because the puff it comes with is pretty much useless and would be unsanitary after awhile. I apply mine with a fluffy brush instead.

I don't know what UD's secret is, but this is pretty much the only powder my skin can tolerate.

on 2/5/2012 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My face is slickest than the shiniest oil pit, and those stupid oil blotting sheets were expensive and useless considering how many of them I went through in a day. I also don't wear makeup because my skin freaks out in unsightly reactions when exposed to most foreign substances. After a bit of research, I concluded that I needed a gentle transparent powder that was as close to unscented as I could hope for, and I stumbled upon the newly released Urband Decay Mattifying Powder. It was a couple bucks cheaper back then, I think, and to me, something under $30 sounds more enticing than a product waffling in the 30 dollar range.

Anyway, a bit pricey, but the cost was worth shine-free skin. When I first started using it, I thought it was the best freaking thing since sliced bread because it managed to keep the oil at bay for a couple of hours. I thought this was the definition of succes and was absolutely overjoyed. Also, it didn't seem to irritate my skin too terribly after the first week, the scent was fairly light and neutral, and the powder was completely transparent. I also thought the case fairly pretty, hefty, and sturdy--until it broke a couple of weeks later.

A fluke, right? Nope. The next one I purchased also broke in a similar fashion--around the plastic hinges near the screws. Then another after that. Then the one after that. Then, because I hadn't learned my lesson yet and southern humidity was creating a mirror effect on my face, the one after that. It breaks, I bandage it up with some tape, and curse the stupid overpriced flashy case. And before someone gets the wrong idea, I'm not abusing the case or throwing it around carelessly. I very gingerly place it in the most undisturbed portion of my purse or leave it on my dresser if I'm not going out. Inevitably, though, it breaks. OH, and once you reach the point where a little bit of the bottom metal plate shows through because you've used it for so long, the powder cracks and crumbles, leaving you with a mess of perfectly good powder that you feel awful wasting because of those hard-earned dollars you invested in it and so, you don't and deal with the mess instead.

To summarize: the couple hours of oil-free skin is not worth the cost and awful packaging that can render it useless if you don't have the patience to handle it with utmost care. I certainly don't anymore. I'll leave the rating at 3 stars though, since the actual powder itself isn't completely useless. If you don't have to carry it around with you or the company has updated the design in any way for durability, then you'll probably really like this powder.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a great product. It has long-lasting oil-control and is transparent. It just blends into my makeup or my bare skin without any chalkiness or amplifying any dryness in my skin, I have been a long time user of MAC's Blot Powder and I really like this a lot more. The packaging is great, too! I'd definitely buy it again, it's a little more expensive than MAC but I think it's worth it since I won't use it nearly as much as the Blot powder which I'd have to reapply every 2 hours or so, whereas with De-Slick I seem to never really *need* to reapply. I love it!

on 10/28/2011 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

UD De-Slick is one of my favorite powders.For reference, I'm currently dry and about NW 10-15, with that bluish kind of undertone. The powder has a pale lavender tint in the compact, but goes on colorless ( remember- pale and bluish here) when applied lightly. Though the ingredients would make it seem completely matte, I find that over ss, bare skin, or TM, De-Slick has a very natural finish, with almost a glow. At the same time, it takes off the shine. The sponge which comes with it is useless - thin and cheap-feeling. I apply a small amount with a fluffy powder brush to get a very pretty, natural look, which usually needs no touch-up during the day. In warm weather, I may touch up my nose with just a dab of De-Slick powder on my fingertip. The compact is well-made and weighty. It is a lovely translucent purple, with what are supposed to be edgy designs. They simply look like scrollwork unless one looks closely, so this compact is adult-looking but eye-catching when whipped out of a purse. It took me almost a year to use it up. I will definitely repurchase.

on 3/3/2011 5:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I really like this powder. It does have some downside - The puff it comes with - although pretty, is BAD, throw that away. I use a powder brush with this instead and it works much better. I don't have the white effect some users describe, but then again I am an ultra pale redhead. Oh, and the samll is a little medicinal, but it fades within a couple minutes, so it's no biggy. This lasts all day in the winter for me, and needs to be reapplied about once a day in the summer, and I do have my oily spots. The compact is super cute, and the product leaves my face feeling velvetty.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Wow, purple compact with skulls...I am in love. The powder itself it very good. I like the no-color of it, no weird color build up when you need to touch up mid-day. This just might be HG for me. My skin is sensitive and so far no break outs or redness from this powder. Best of all it does not accentuate the fine lines I am starting to get around the eyes.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This powder is amazing and actually blends with my super-fair skin. Doesn't cake or irritate my skin. Plus the packaging is awesome looking too with the purple skulls and such. :) Definitely worth the price.