Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder
De-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying Powder

3.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

New (2013) formula: Talc, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tricaprylin, Calcium Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methicone, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale), Phenoxyethanol. [+/- May Contain: CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines)]. Old (pre-2013) formula: Talc, Calcium, Carbonate, Tricaprylin, Oriza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium, EDTA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower, Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl, Palmitate, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) .

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Very disappointed with this product, because it is definitely not translucent. It is too pale for my medium tanned skin, and gives my face a white cast. I would definitely not recommend this for anyone whose skin tone isn’t light. So no matter how good this powder might be, it is still unusable for me.

Other than that, I can’t reallt fault this product. It’s not cakey, goes into the skin smoothly, has a slight blurring effect. The packaging is not only beautiful, but it’s also nice and firm so I imagine it can withstand some banging around in my makeup bag without breaking. However, it’s oil control properties are nothing to boast about. It’s not bad, and does control oil reasonably well, but it’s also definitely nowhere near the best I’ve had. I find it strictly average.

To sum it up, I’d recommend it for those with combination to moderately oily fair skin. But if you haven’t got fair skin or you were looking for something with stronger oil control, then this is not it.

on 10/29/2015 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I have VERY oily skin and this did nothing to control it. It made my face look cakey and it leaves a white cast. Very disappointed because this was very expensive.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Okay, so there are hundreds of shine free powders out there. A lot of great drugstore options as well. I will admit, I'm guilty for buying this because of the packaging. I don't use this as a setting powder but as a blotting powder on the go. I wanted something pretty to pull out when I'm out. Sounds lame right? I think not, I just sound like a normal cosmetic junkie girl! So why not just get Guerlain or Chanel if I'm going to be this silly? Well, I study ingredients. I have to for my skin type. Since I hit my 30's, I developed acne for the first time and my skin became reactive to ingredients. The ingredients in De-Slick looked promising and safe. After using this for a few weeks, it is safe for me. Honestly, nothing will ever compare to MAC Blot (tears). This was the only powder that really knocked the crap out of my oil. But, it clogged my pores like crazy. I just can't use it anymore. Because I'm medium olive, avoiding the ol' white cast is a real struggle for me. I don't pack on the powder with the puff and apply it like I'm waxing a car. That will cause a white cast! If I'm really oily in certain spots. I gently dip the puff in the powder and apply it to the oily spot with firm pressure in blotting motions to that specific area until the shine is gone. If I have a light veil of oil all over, I use a travel kabuki brush and lightly dust all over.

on 9/9/2014 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product didn't "de-slick" me. Like, at all. I was shiny again about 2 to 3 hours later. I do have beyond oily skin though, so I gave up on trying to find good oil control products awhile ago. However, despite that this doesn't keep me shine free, I do enjoy this product! It gives my skin a perfect, velvet finish, doesn't enlarge pores, sits beautifully with my bronzer and blushes, and is buildable without being cakey. So, obviously, that's alotta good! Yeah, it doesn't do what it promises, but there's so much good coming out of it that I won't return it. I won't purchase it again, but I will enjoy this until it's gone!

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Crazy about this powder! I have never used a powder that has kept me so matte for so long! It also does not cake my face and leaves it feeling smooth. In love with this product!

on 11/30/2012 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

A.MAZ.ING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well worth the price because this is the only product to give me oil free skin ALL DAY. The only negative thing I have to say is I have been using this for a week and can see the bottom. I don't use lots of powder so a bit disappointed that it's going so quick.

on 11/10/2012 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I usually try to test a product like this for about a week and then submit a review. I got this powder yesterday morning and I'm just amazed. I have a VERY oily nose and forehead and this powder just works. I was afraid because the powder is clearly white but it blends perfect with my skin (NC42). I thought 32 bucks was a lot but I know it's going to last a long time because I don't have to be re-applying it often like I used to with my studio fix. I will definetly purchase this product again.

on 10/8/2012 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing product for stubborn very oily skin! My skin is very oily and I have tried everything. This stuff is amazing. You can't tell you have powder on, it does not look cakey at all and leaves a very natural finish. This stuff is the HG of mattifying powders!. I use it with Benefit Dr.Feelgood before my makeup application. Leaves a flawless oil free finish. Will definetly purchase again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My HG of setting powders. I've tried a lot and the finish this powder leaves is beautiful. Does it keep my uber-oily skin oil free for hours upon hours, no. However it does a better job then most. Further more, I can reapply this without the caking problem I get with other powders. I use blotting sheets before reapplying. For those oily girls who are looking for a miracle powder/foundation that keeps you oil free for 8+ hours on a hot humid day without maintenance or reapplication, dream on. If you read this and say "hey I've found that product(s)" then you have normal/combo skin.
I've been battling my oily skin for years. I have tried countless products and techniques. The fact of the matter is, oil breaks down makeup. The key to dealing with oil is finding ways to remove it without disturbing your makeup. Oil blotting sheets and fine milled silicone powders are your friends. Just make sure to remove your makeup well before bed if you are acne prone (well period).
This compact is very pretty. I get compliments on it. However it is very heavy and the included puff is crap. I attempted to wash it and it fell apart with water and gentle manipulation. Once I hit pan on this sucker, it has a tendency to break apart. I have empty sifter containers from Sephora. I transfer the powder into one once it breaks.
Sadly this is overpriced because of the intricate packaging. What can I say? UD is not known for their practical packaging but damn they make good products.

on 3/31/2012 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

This powder is the only translucent one that does its job. I used it for a photo shoot recently, and my look was perfect. No oil, no obvious trace of powder! Highly recommended.