Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder
De-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying Powder

3.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

New (2013) formula: Talc, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tricaprylin, Calcium Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methicone, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale), Phenoxyethanol. [+/- May Contain: CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines)]. Old (pre-2013) formula: Talc, Calcium, Carbonate, Tricaprylin, Oriza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium, EDTA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower, Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl, Palmitate, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) .

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Even though I dont have oily skin I like to set my makeup with a powder because I feel incomplete if I dont. I only use MAC powders and I decided to go for a change. So I did my homework and finally this Urban Decay powder seemed the most appealing to me. It retails for 19 pounds which is ok since MAC is around the same price but I do wish I didnt waste my money because I dont like it at all. Its not translecent because it does leave a "white cast" on your face and its not light weight! It feels cakey for everyday Wear. The only thing I liked was the packaging. 2/5 for me

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Absolute HG product among powders, hands down.

I am currently using the 3rd powder and I plan on buying it till aliens invade Planet Earth.

It does what a powder should do: Mattifies without cakeing.

It is absolutely transparent and lightweight. I apply it with MAC #150 powder brush and it makes my skin flawless ( I am NC20)

Just be careful not to overdo it because your face will turn ghostly white.

on 1/2/2014 7:01:00 PM

This is perfect! Some translucent powder makes you look lighter but this one doesn't. It's super smooth and helps control oil. Doesn't look like you have powder on but makes a difference in your skin. Give it a try. I got it for 32 dollars and thats not bad for how long it will last and how well it works.

on 8/10/2013 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought this powder kind of on a whim. I did hear some decent reviews but this isn't the typical product I splurge on. It was crappy hot humid day in TX and I found myself in a Sephora...need I say more? I *think* I love this powder. It does mattify and provide an overall finished look. When I needed it for an all day event recently it held it's own pretty well. I've been using Too Faced bb cream which I love but it is definitely dewy, the De-Slick absorbed some of the excess shine and held it off. It doesn't break me out, have an irritating scent and lasts 6 hrs or so. Again, I live in TX so you may not be in such a hot, humid environment. My main drawbacks are that it leaves a teensy weensy bit of a white cast on my face possibly only that I can detect but still for the price ($32) I expect perfection. Would I return it, no. Would I repurchase maybe not? Undecided so far.

Eh. It's okay.
I had such high hopes for this product. It didn't COMPLETELY let me down, but it wasn't what I'd hoped for, either. My face gets pretty shiny throughout the day, so I was looking for a good mattifying powder to help. My aunt works for Ulta and recommended this for me. While it does mattify the shine, it doesn't seem to last very long. Considering how much it costs just for a simple face powder, I guess I would have expected it to last longer between applications. To its credit, though, I've had it since mid-March and it's only just now beginning to show the shape of the rings from the metal pan underneath. I don't find the scent offensive, and I never have a problem with it making my face look chalky or powdery. Using a brush instead of the pathetic little sponge does make a difference, though - I try to use a brush whenever I can.
All in all, it's a good product, but I don't think it's good enough to warrant the $32 price tag. At that price I expected "WOW," not just okay. I'll consider buying it again if and when they lower the price.

on 2/23/2010 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is a good mattifying powder in pressed form.

I use it personally and will continue to use it until it is used up -- it has lasted a good while although I do vacilate between this and my blot powder.

This is much better than a rice powder although rice may be a component... I am not allergic to it and it does take the shine and leaves makeup untouched.

good.. but not great.

UPDATED EDIT: I have to say that the Mad about Matte from Essence is a better product .. sorry UD. Your shadows are perfection but this gets kicked to the curb.

on 1/28/2009 11:17:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

i got this for $16 something on ebay. the compact is quite large and heavy but yes it is very fun and glamorous! It's a very light lavendar-white rice powder pressed very firmly. the powder is very finely milled but pressed coarsely; i've only used mine for a week and it already has kind of a crumbly, uneven surface. I hated the white sponge that comes with it, so i swapped it with a Lola puff. the product itself is fairly nice-instantly mattifies my shine without drying, caking or settling into lnes or pores. the effect is not long-lasting though; i have to touch up every two hours or so to maintain the fresh matte look. i wouldn't be repurchasing though, at least for the original price ($28). i'll be going back to Chanel Purete Mat albeit the 50 something dollars.

on 12/9/2008 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this product so I could use it after workouts at the gym, and on the rare occasion that I get extra shiny and don't want to apply yet another layer of my compact powder. There are a lot of loose translucent powders that would accomplish these tasks, but I wanted one that I could toss in my purse/gym bag that wouldn't get everywhere. The pressed style of this translucent powder is the main reason I bought it. It is way too expensive though, and at $28 dollars I'd probably put in the time to find one that does the same thing at a cheaper price. Also, there seems to be quite a lot of product in the compact so I don't know if I ever would need another one anyway.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I was not happy about spending 15 on a face powder, but I was having no joy with face powders from other non-animal testing companies. Either skin-tone powders weren't right, or I had to buy on-line without trying first. So what attracted me to De-slick was the colourlessness of it. And the packaging, of course.

The puff is ok, and I would have carried on using it, except I dropped it on the floor of a club toilet and left it there, not really wanting to pick it up. I use a big powder brush now, but if I want to touch up during the day its not very convenient without the puff.

Okay, 15 is a lot, but this stuff looks like it hasn't been used, and I've used practically everyday since...July? So I can see this lasting a long time.
As for performance? I don't have particular oily skin, but my nose and cheeks have a sheen without powder. This gets rid of it, and also sets my make-up lightly without disturbing the finish or changing the colour. I'll repurchase this powder again when it eventually runs out!

I will admit, what first attracted me to this was the compact. The silver vines & skull pattern is exactly the sort of thing I like; if the compact had been pink instead of purple, it would have been absolutely perfect.

The powder is better than I expected. It does give my skin a matte finish, and doesn't build up or turn strangely cakey by mid-day. It's not the perfect finishing powder ever (that would be Aromaleigh's High-Resolution finishing powder), but for an easily-portable mattefying solution, it's very good.