Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder
De-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying Powder

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

New (2013) formula: Talc, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tricaprylin, Calcium Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methicone, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale), Phenoxyethanol. [+/- May Contain: CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines)]. Old (pre-2013) formula: Talc, Calcium, Carbonate, Tricaprylin, Oriza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium, EDTA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower, Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl, Palmitate, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) .

I have had this powder about a month and I absolutely love it. This is the best powder that I have ever used in my life. I have dry skin and a problem with powder looking cakey and clinging to dry spots. Not with this one, it is beautiful and makes my skin feel so so soft. If your considering buying this just go for it, it is the best powder ever. I usually prefer loose powder but I went ahead and got this because it does not come in a loose form and I am so glad I did. I will keep buying this as long as they make it and I pray they never discontinue it. I want the naked skin foundation and loose finishing powder too, if it's anywhere near the quality of this it will be fabulous. Get this today, it's way better than the ben nye everyone loves so much.

The powder is definitely oil-controlled, however you definitely have to be careful how much you apply. When I'm extra oily, I like to have a matte face, but I literally look like a pale porcelain doll if I apply too much. I think this would be good in summer to wear as a base to the beach or something. However, for the price, hard candy has a better mattifying powder I prefer over this. Might re-purchase...

on 2/4/2014 2:24:00 PM

This works but you really have to be very careful and not apply too much. The pad that comes with it sucks! So I just used a powder brush like others did. There were a lot of times where I put too much so if this happens, just brush off the extra with you hands lightly. My negative overall rating comes from the price and mainly that mine broke within a month. I have it in my purse and one day when I opened it I found it all in crumbles. I had no choice but to trash it. :( I still haven't bought another one and it has been 6 months. In the in winter I don't have the need for this so much so maybe I will try it again this summer.

It's a good product, but the puff applicator gets really greasy from being pressed onto skin post make up application and then won't pick up ant more powder off the compact. I have found a way to stop this, after applying my foundation, primer etc before the powder, I use a tissue to blot excess grease off my skin, then use my powder. No more greasy puff applicator, Result!!!

on 6/5/2013 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The product does exactly what you want it to, mattifies the skin, but the price is simply too much for me to justify when it only slightly outperforms any other powder product.

To apply it, I'd strongly advise against using the sponge that comes with the powder. Only a bare minimum is needed to work, which means it does last a long time. Obviously this product is intended for those with oily skin, but if you have any dry, flaky areas be really careful or even avoid them, because the powder just clings to them like mad. It's pretty dodgy if you haven't moisturized, and if you have dry skin I'd totally avoid it. I usually just brush a super light covering over my nose and forehead.

However, one definite redeeming feature is that you can use it to prime OR set your lids for eyeshadow. It does impede blendability slightly, but it does a pretty damn good job at stopping creases.

on 5/2/2012 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was gifted this product ages ago and really haven't used it very much in the past. I've kept it in my purse more so just for the mirror and emergency touch-ups but I've recently been trying it out as a setting powder after getting fed up with messy loose powders.
I'm absolutely blown away by the finish it leaves behind considering it's just a translucent powder. My face looks like flawless porcelain.
It seems to smooth out my liquid foundation perfectly to the point where I almost get a bit more coverage out of it and I'm not as concerned with looking cakey as I sometimes am when I use my mineral powder as a setting powder.
It absolutely controls oil and shine throughout the entire day, even after rushing around a muggy mall.
The packaging is gorgeous but heavy and the accompanying puff is utterly useless, though that's quite standard with most compacts.
My only gripe is that the product is so solid in the pan that using my MAC 187, which is my go-to powder brush, doesn't quite work. It doesn't pick up enough product so I have to use the same super dense flat top kabuki brush that I use for my liquid foundation for the powder. I'm then worried about rubbing my foundation off while trying to apply the powder. I end up stippling it on, which is fine, it just adds a bit more time to my makeup routine.
That mere annoyance aside, I'm so glad I decided to pull this out of my purse and actually put it to use. I highly recommend this powder and will most likely repurchase in the future.

on 4/16/2012 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This mattifying powder is awesome!! I have combination skin, so I really only get oily in my t-zone. I lightly pat/buff this onto my t-zone with a kabuki in the morning and my face stays shine-free for at least 8+ hours!! For me, that is unheard of. Usually by 3:00 my t-zone is super shiny. Now it's matte (but not too matte..it just looks like I have naturally perfect skin!!) I love that it's actually translucent AND that it doesn't give a white cast in person or on camera. I bought this after I realized my MUFE HD finishing powder gave me a terrible white cast on pics taken with a flash!! This does not and it keeps the oil away way better than the MUFE HD. Love the compact!!I highly recommend this! (Just fyi, this is also one of Carlene K's (Kristen Cavallari's MUA) favorites!

I loved it! I have super oily skin and I've been looking for a proper oil control product forever! None of them unfortunetely have seemed to work :(
Well until I found this one. At first I thought it wasn't working for me because I was swiping it across my face with my little Bobby Brown kabuki face brush but it turns out you're supposed to dab it on. That's when I realized how great this product really is. My face is so oily to the point where I have to blot and touch up my make-up every hour but with this little gem, it's gone down to three hours. That in my book is a win because no other product have ever done that before. For those with less oily skin it will probably have even longer lasting results. I also love the little purple compact it comes in, so cute! :)

on 12/1/2009 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm oily and alway searching for the best products to keep the oil at bay. I have a long work-day so its a challenge. I really love this powder. It doesn't matter how many times I re-apply it thoughout the day, it never looks cakey. I blot my face prior to application so I don't know how it would look if I didn't. I don't use the poof that came with it, but I keep it in the compact to protect it from breaking/cracking. I use Sephora's compact powder brush to apply and it works well.

on 5/13/2008 7:25:00 PM

I LOVE the packaging of this powder. They look so pretty when I take them out from the purse and I feel that everyone around me is just staring at my compact. I use a mini kabuki brush instead of the slim puff that comes w/ it. I hate it when my foundation tints the white puff and make them look dirty. The powder does a good job on mattifying especially on the forehead and nose area, but nothing that any other blotting powder/oil papers can't do. After I blotted, it was good for another 4 or 5 hours until I had to blot again. (my nose gets shinning the most) So, what I do is, after I finish my make-up, I would dust a little bit of these on my forehead and nose and that'll keep me matt til after lunch =) Overall, it's a good buy to me since I'm very picky on powders and I break out easily. This doesn't break out my super sensitive skin, keeps me matt, and the compact is too pretty to carry around than those oil papers.