Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

Filtered by skin type : Other
Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder
De-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying Powder

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

New (2013) formula: Talc, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tricaprylin, Calcium Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methicone, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale), Phenoxyethanol. [+/- May Contain: CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines)]. Old (pre-2013) formula: Talc, Calcium, Carbonate, Tricaprylin, Oriza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium, EDTA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower, Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl, Palmitate, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) .

on 3/23/2015 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I don't have oily skin but I wanted my Make up to last longer and it does the job by setting my foundation. Expensive? Yes. Worth the splurge if you can? Yes!! It even lasted through a big sex session.

on 12/26/2013 11:46:00 PM

First off the packaging of this is gorgeous with so much detail on the lid! It's perhaps one of the prettiest compacts I have owned. However the compact itself is quite heavy. This is a late review as I used this in the summer of this year 2013 and have finished it. It is my go-to setting powder for the summer. I normally have dry skin but I have oily skin in the humid summer months. This kept me shine-free all day during the summer and held up my foundation. I will gladly repurchase this for next summer. I rarely had to re-apply powder using this. It also comes with a puff so it is travel friendly. It is finely milled, doesn't make foundation look cakey, or make your face look ashy as some other so-called translucent powders can. Other setting compacts that I have use that DO NOT compare to how well this performs are: Mac prep/prime compact, MUFE loose HD setting powder, MUFE duo mat.

on 3/11/2013 7:34:00 AM

The thing I love most about this product is the presentation. The cute bright purple compact with mirror inside always looks cute in my handbag. Sadly, I don't think the product itself lives up to the hype. Sure, it works. But I think for the price there's many other products that work just as well.
I apply this with an old blush brush and find that gives a nicer finish than what the original sponge did. I got rid of the sponge this came with straight away-it was totally useless. I don't find this makes me white or pasty but I have been using it sparingly.
Once the powders empty I'll be using the compact as a purse mirror :)

on 2/14/2010 11:28:00 PM

I agree with the general comment on the "white sheen" that the product brings. it's good at marrifying, but yea it takes life away from my face, but not too much. so I will finish it and try another brand's blotting powder.

oh and the texture is not very fine; it's kinda chunky

I LOVE this powder, and I have tried a LOT of powders. This really keeps my shine at bay, and definitely gives me a flawless look. I use the new UD Surreal Skin Cream to Powder foundation, and set it with this powder. I get more compliments on my skin then I've ever received! My makeup lasts ALL DAY. I cannot live without this! HOLY GRAIL!

on 2/19/2009 9:34:00 PM

I was looking for something that i could keep in my purse and use throughout the day to get rid of my oily t-zone. This product works great just dont apply too much at a time, a little goes a long way!

Cute compact! Colorless powder. Controls oil well. Too pricey. I was lemming this so bad for the compact, but glad i love the powder. I prefer it to blot, which is cakey on me and doesn't control oil for long. (I even prefer it to my beloved NYC pressed powder o.O NYC didn't last very long either, but was better than MAC's Blot.)

on 8/27/2008 4:53:00 PM

I have very oily skin, and I try every product that promises to keep oilies at bay. Nothing has worked for me. I honestly can't believe this works; not complaning just stunned! I've been using this for 3 days now. I only need a touch up mid-day and even then my face doesn't look as shiny as it did 1 hour after my initial makeup application in the morning! Another cool thing about this powder is that it took away redness from my face. I actually looked pale and I used a bronzer, I rarely do that since normally I look more ruddy! This powder is not designed to give you coverage, but now I can use a high coverage foundation and top with this powder and I don't have the mega shine on my face in an hour. I would definitely recommend using a good non-drying moisturizer otherwise you will get flakes. Also, I used a makeup brush to apply initially and it did not give me the same great results I got from using the sponge applicator.

on 6/28/2008 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I kept this one for the compact-the performance is mediocre for the slick-skinned ladies such as myself. I use it for touch ups through out the day but in no way does this last to suppress the shine for more than 2 hours. Save your money-unless you are dying for a cute compact that comes with a crappy dollar-store puff.