Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder
De-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying Powder

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

New (2013) formula: Talc, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tricaprylin, Calcium Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methicone, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale), Phenoxyethanol. [+/- May Contain: CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines)]. Old (pre-2013) formula: Talc, Calcium, Carbonate, Tricaprylin, Oriza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium, EDTA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower, Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl, Palmitate, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) .

on 12/26/2013 11:46:00 PM

First off the packaging of this is gorgeous with so much detail on the lid! It's perhaps one of the prettiest compacts I have owned. However the compact itself is quite heavy. This is a late review as I used this in the summer of this year 2013 and have finished it. It is my go-to setting powder for the summer. I normally have dry skin but I have oily skin in the humid summer months. This kept me shine-free all day during the summer and held up my foundation. I will gladly repurchase this for next summer. I rarely had to re-apply powder using this. It also comes with a puff so it is travel friendly. It is finely milled, doesn't make foundation look cakey, or make your face look ashy as some other so-called translucent powders can. Other setting compacts that I have use that DO NOT compare to how well this performs are: Mac prep/prime compact, MUFE loose HD setting powder, MUFE duo mat.

on 3/11/2013 7:34:00 AM

The thing I love most about this product is the presentation. The cute bright purple compact with mirror inside always looks cute in my handbag. Sadly, I don't think the product itself lives up to the hype. Sure, it works. But I think for the price there's many other products that work just as well.
I apply this with an old blush brush and find that gives a nicer finish than what the original sponge did. I got rid of the sponge this came with straight away-it was totally useless. I don't find this makes me white or pasty but I have been using it sparingly.
Once the powders empty I'll be using the compact as a purse mirror :)

on 3/11/2012 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Definitely one of the top mattifying powders that I've tried. The powder is a light purple color that is completely translucent on my tan skin. I always apply it with a brush so that I can easily just get rid of the excess. It works, but it's not a miracle product, my skin is just too oily and I have to use several blotting sheets a day. It'll keep my skin matte for a little while, but the oil will eventually seep through.

The fact that this doesn't come in a skin tone color is a plus, because those that I've tried and worked were never REALLY translucent. Also, it doesn't break me out which is always great.

Bottom line, I would repurchase because it's completely translucent, doesn't break me out and works for a short while. However, because it doesn't last as long as I would like, I don't think the price is justifiable, so I will continue my search.

UPDATE 1/30/2015
I've been using this ever since. It's pricey but I only use it once a day to set my makeup, and then I use blotting papers the rest of the day, so it lasts a long while for me.

on 2/14/2010 11:28:00 PM

I agree with the general comment on the "white sheen" that the product brings. it's good at marrifying, but yea it takes life away from my face, but not too much. so I will finish it and try another brand's blotting powder.

oh and the texture is not very fine; it's kinda chunky

I LOVE this powder, and I have tried a LOT of powders. This really keeps my shine at bay, and definitely gives me a flawless look. I use the new UD Surreal Skin Cream to Powder foundation, and set it with this powder. I get more compliments on my skin then I've ever received! My makeup lasts ALL DAY. I cannot live without this! HOLY GRAIL!

on 6/24/2009 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have super duper oily skin and this stuff helps to keep my skin looking matte and smooth. It doesn't really have any color, just gives you an overall mattifying effect. As others have said, the puff that comes with it sucks. I use my Too Faced retratable kabukki brush instead, which works well.

I did have a bit of a problem with the packaging though. While the purple skull compact is really cute, the little latch that keeps it closed broke off of mine after about a month. Then, today, a couple of weeks after hitting pan, the whole thing shattered out of the blue, so I had to throw it out. Maybe it's just my bad luck, but I've never had that happen with similar products.

on 2/19/2009 9:34:00 PM

I was looking for something that i could keep in my purse and use throughout the day to get rid of my oily t-zone. This product works great just dont apply too much at a time, a little goes a long way!

Cute compact! Colorless powder. Controls oil well. Too pricey. I was lemming this so bad for the compact, but glad i love the powder. I prefer it to blot, which is cakey on me and doesn't control oil for long. (I even prefer it to my beloved NYC pressed powder o.O NYC didn't last very long either, but was better than MAC's Blot.)