Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder
De-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying Powder

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

New (2013) formula: Talc, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tricaprylin, Calcium Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methicone, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale), Phenoxyethanol. [+/- May Contain: CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines)]. Old (pre-2013) formula: Talc, Calcium, Carbonate, Tricaprylin, Oriza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium, EDTA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower, Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl, Palmitate, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) .

on 10/14/2017 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

Oh... how I'd love to give this a good review, but my skin says no. Like a lot of others said.... The effects are short lived. Huge let down, but in my case the main problem was it emphasized the pores on my nose so bad. It left white spots where each pore is. I tried several times with lots of different foundations and it was the same for me every single time. I use it now only on my cheeks and forehead and even my chest area. (I will get my money's worth. Lol) This comes in beautiful heavy packaging. But didn't work out for this oily gal.

on 7/11/2017 12:19:00 PM

I've exhausted all drugstore powders and they either break me out don't work at controlling my oily t zone or fall apart in my handbag (I'm looking at you rimmel stay matte) I got this when I saw it on offer and I have to be honest the packaging had me sold immediately it's so pretty! I don't usually impulse buy especially on a brand I would consider high end but I'm glad I did, it leave my skin looking matte for around 5-6 hours which double the amount of time other powders have worked for me, even when the oil starts to come through it doesn't look horrible immediately, I don't feel the need to run for my handbag and re apply powder or blot, I was worried when I saw the colour of the powder but it leaves no white cast on my face :) I really like this powder

on 11/11/2016 11:22:00 AM

This product is good but over rated. It did leave me with white marks and as a result I hardly use this anymore. It does have a good mattefying effect but not worth the white marks.

on 11/11/2016 11:01:00 AM

I love everything about this product except...it broke me out pretty bad. SO disappointing. For reference, I have VERY acne-prone skin (If I blow my nose too much I break out) and VERY oily skin. Topical meds I take for the acne-prone make my skin even oilier. But I'll take being blemish free for more oil! So, I was obviously looking for a pressed powder to help combat that oil. This really did do a nice job. I was still oily using this, but I think it maybe reduced it a tad. No miracle worker though. I did like how it made my skin look as well. I know there probably won't be a powder anywhere to get rid of my oil so I don't fault it for that. I would have kept it and used it daily if it didn't break me out, so if you have good skin you'll probably like this. It didn't break me out in like blemishes all over, it gave me one ginormous blemish on my chin which a week later is still there. I could also feel more blemishes forming, but I stopped using it immediately. So overall, if you have decent skin you might like this. If you are very acne prone, it'll probably break you out. If you're very oily, it'll be something but not a miracle worker. I'm still on my difficult hunt for a pressed powder.

I have found my holy grail powder. It makes my face matte without making it look cakey and it stays matte for many hours. I have oily skin and even my very oily nose stays matte for at least 6 hours with this powder. And it's actually translucent, not like some powders that claim to be translucent and leave you with a white face.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have a very oily t zone and I live in the south... I put a lot of time into figuring out how to remain matte. This product has helped out with that a lot. I usually use Tarte's translucent setting powder. This product does seem to hold up a bit longer without shine, but I can't say by leaps and bounds. Just a bit. It's at the same price point though. The compact is nice. I believe I will repurchase when I run out of it.

Update: definitely prefer Tarte's powder for shine control. The more I tested, the more Tarte came out on top. I have yet to try Laura Mercier or Kat Von D's powder, so I can't offer a comparison for those at this time.

on 5/28/2016 12:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This powder makes my skin look great as soon as I apply it, BUT the effect only lasts about 5 or 10 minutes for me then I look exactly like I did before I used it. Everyone's skin is different, but for my super oily nose, leaving my $6 CG Oil Control powder was a mistake.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the first powder claiming to be 'mattifying' which has actually lived up to its promise. I definitely notice that my skin - especially my t-zone - is nowhere near as oily looking or feeling when I use this. But - be warned! You can definitely overdo this and use too much, giving you a glow that Casper the Friendly Ghost would envy. It has a slight lavender hue to it, so over-applying (by accident or on purpose) can end up making my skin look very sallow.

For the price - £19.50 - it's definitely worth it in my opinion. You could easily spend that much on a selection of cheaper ones that make the same claims, but don't work. This one actually does what it claims to do and should last a while too, so the price for me is justified.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this product. I think overall, it works just as well as blotting paper but cheaper in the long-term.

I like that it doesn't leave a white cast over my face, doesn't settle into my wrinkles.
Highly recommended.

This powder is pure perfection! Look no further for another one. You get what you want: a long lasting, cakey-free, transparent powder that fights the oil in your face. This is my HG powder and I've tried alot. But they became cakey during layering/reapplying or didn't last long. With this one, you get the sweetest girly packaging ever for a powder. No wonder why it costs over 30. The mirror and a little sponge come as well, but the product is the most important thing. With this, I only need to touch up twice in a long night out in a club. Before that, I needed to reapply 10 times! Don't wait any longer, get this. Now!