Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder
De-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying Powder

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

New (2013) formula: Talc, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tricaprylin, Calcium Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methicone, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale), Phenoxyethanol. [+/- May Contain: CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines)]. Old (pre-2013) formula: Talc, Calcium, Carbonate, Tricaprylin, Oriza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium, EDTA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower, Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl, Palmitate, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) .

on 10/14/2017 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

Oh... how I'd love to give this a good review, but my skin says no. Like a lot of others said.... The effects are short lived. Huge let down, but in my case the main problem was it emphasized the pores on my nose so bad. It left white spots where each pore is. I tried several times with lots of different foundations and it was the same for me every single time. I use it now only on my cheeks and forehead and even my chest area. (I will get my money's worth. Lol) This comes in beautiful heavy packaging. But didn't work out for this oily gal.

on 10/29/2015 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I have VERY oily skin and this did nothing to control it. It made my face look cakey and it leaves a white cast. Very disappointed because this was very expensive.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

While it is intended to be a "mattifying" powder, I don't think it's any different than drugstore powders. Once applied for touch-ups it does provide a shine-free finish, however I feel that it is not long lasting. I will be a greasy mess in less than an hour. What a waste.

3/13/15 - Again I say, this does absolutely NOTHING to contain oil!

on 3/31/2012 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Worthless times a million

I have fairly oily skin and when i would pat/dust this stuff on it would make it non-oily for about 15 minutes top and then the oily would breakthrough again.

Talk about a huge waste of money. I'll stick to my oil blotting sheets meanwhile

on 1/14/2009 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I loved the compact on this (which is what drew me to it in the first place) but I did not love the product, so I returned it. The powder was a white chalky mess, that left a ghostly pallor on my NW25-27 skin. I tried a puff and a brush and it was no better than any drugstore pressed translucent powder, with the exception of the lovely case. I cannot recommend it.

on 5/28/2016 12:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This powder makes my skin look great as soon as I apply it, BUT the effect only lasts about 5 or 10 minutes for me then I look exactly like I did before I used it. Everyone's skin is different, but for my super oily nose, leaving my $6 CG Oil Control powder was a mistake.

on 4/10/2015 5:49:00 PM

I have a very oily t-zone. So I really need a good mattifying powder. I don't have a problem with blotting after 3-4 hours. I'm used to it. But with this powder, which is pretty expensive at $32, I have to pile it on to the point where it looks white and cakey. With other powders, such as Essence All About Matt, which is $4, the white disappears as it melts into my skin. This one just sits on top of my skin, and then within about 90 minutes, the white, cakiness is gone, but so is the powder, and I'm an oily mess.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Even though I dont have oily skin I like to set my makeup with a powder because I feel incomplete if I dont. I only use MAC powders and I decided to go for a change. So I did my homework and finally this Urban Decay powder seemed the most appealing to me. It retails for 19 pounds which is ok since MAC is around the same price but I do wish I didnt waste my money because I dont like it at all. Its not translecent because it does leave a "white cast" on your face and its not light weight! It feels cakey for everyday Wear. The only thing I liked was the packaging. 2/5 for me

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

For the price of this, it wasn't really worth it, it doesn't stay that long (1-2 hours max) and then my skin is just slick and shiny. I love the packaging and Urban Decay, but this is not one of my favourite products. It's just going to sit on my dresser and look pretty while collecting dust :/

on 7/26/2013 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

High hopes, dashed. On my fairly oily skin and in my very humid town, this product was pretty much useless. It provided barely any "mattifying" even when first applied, so it required frequent touch-ups throughout the day to even partially achieve the truly matte look I was after. Also, the little pad it comes with? Pointless. Paper-thin, cheap, why bother. Finally, the packaging is difficult to open and the price-point is way too expensive for what the product is and how it performs.