Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder
De-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying Powder

3.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

New (2013) formula: Talc, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tricaprylin, Calcium Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methicone, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale), Phenoxyethanol. [+/- May Contain: CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines)]. Old (pre-2013) formula: Talc, Calcium, Carbonate, Tricaprylin, Oriza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium, EDTA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower, Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl, Palmitate, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) .

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have some seriously oily skin and the fact that I live in hot, humid climate where it is summer 9 months of the year does not really help. But now thanks to De-Slick my makeup lasts the whole day, the color and texture of my foundation does not change or alter when I put this on top. Sucks up the oil but remains invisible even on my NC 42 skin. I use a normal foundation (not Oil-Free) and with De-Slick it looks fresh and flawless all day long. For people like me who have enough oil production on their face to supply 3 continents, this is a God sent product.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love the packaging and I do like how this immediately removes shine from my face. However even though it is advertised as a translucent powder, I still definitely get a white or ashy film on my NW35 to NC42 complexion. It's not too noticeable which is why I continue to use it but *I* can definitely see the difference. It doesn't bother me too much though because it does take away shine like I mentioned and after a quick spritz of Fix+ or Evian spray, it looks fine. It also does a good job of keeping the oil away for an additional 2-3 hours. My biggest gripe with this however is the amount of product you get for the price. For $29 you get .4 oz of De-Slick but for $21 you get .42 oz of MAC's Blot powder without the slight white cast on your face. I am a sucker for packaging and have already re-purchased this once but I don't think I'll be buying it again after my little discovery. I'll be sticking with MAC which does the same exact thing for cheaper. If you don't have access to MAC or MAC's blot powder formula doesn't work for you, then this product is a good investment.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

While it is intended to be a "mattifying" powder, I don't think it's any different than drugstore powders. Once applied for touch-ups it does provide a shine-free finish, however I feel that it is not long lasting. I will be a greasy mess in less than an hour. What a waste.

3/13/15 - Again I say, this does absolutely NOTHING to contain oil!

on 12/1/2015 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This powder is truly amazing
It is just a white mattifying powder, it does not add any coverage, but it just keeps you matte.
It keeps you matte like instantly, you can see the difference.
For me, i am really oily around my t-zone, i pat it on, it keep that area matte for about three to four hours...
This is the kind of product you can see the instant effect on, but it's kinda pricy i think..

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have a very oily t zone and I live in the south... I put a lot of time into figuring out how to remain matte. This product has helped out with that a lot. I usually use Tarte's translucent setting powder. This product does seem to hold up a bit longer without shine, but I can't say by leaps and bounds. Just a bit. It's at the same price point though. The compact is nice. I believe I will repurchase when I run out of it.

Update: definitely prefer Tarte's powder for shine control. The more I tested, the more Tarte came out on top. I have yet to try Laura Mercier or Kat Von D's powder, so I can't offer a comparison for those at this time.

on 9/9/2014 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

First of all, the packaging is gorgeous. The purple, quite heavy packaging with engravings is beautiful and it also has a mirror in the lid, smart! The pad that comes with it is unfortunately useless, it's too thin and stale. Use something else to apply. I usually use a fluffy powder brush. It looks stark white but don't be scared it's transparent and leaves your skin velvet soft. For me, who has an oily t-zone, this is perfect as at setting powder and for touch ups during the day. I feel like it really helps keeping my skin matte. It does not have any smell and the price is ok. It lasts a long time as well! I will always repurchase this.

on 11/29/2013 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I've yet to find a HG product but this is it. I can't believe this stuff.

I have oily skin. No matter what I use, even Revlon Colorstay products, I still have to blot about twice a day. Not with this. I can go allll day without having to not once. Which is freakin' amazing for me!

Absolutely will buy again and again.

I love that it's a pressed powder, very travel/purse friendly- though I never need to carry it around because I need no touch ups. I think the compact is beautiful and I like that is heavy-ish. I've dropped it without a dent.

My skin is light-neutral color. I've noticed no white powder looking affects from it. Just blends right in and looks completely natural. You do not need a lot of product on your face. Once I was fairly heavy handed with it and it was too drying. Now I just dust it on, using a bit more on my t-zone.

I use a tinted moisturizer and this and I'm good to go for the entire day.

It's very find milled.

For all you oily skinned girls/boys, this is definitely worth it. Sometimes I'll even use it on bare skin to keep the shine away. I even use it over my eyelids to keep them from getting oily and I can skip eyelid primer totally.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder definitely rocks my socks. Since I have a very oily face, I always bring blotting papers and then I dust some of this on and I'm good for the rest of the day. Definitely worth buying and I love the purple compact.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

For the price of this, it wasn't really worth it, it doesn't stay that long (1-2 hours max) and then my skin is just slick and shiny. I love the packaging and Urban Decay, but this is not one of my favourite products. It's just going to sit on my dresser and look pretty while collecting dust :/

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I think I may have finally found my Holy Grail powder!!!! I normally have "normal" skin, I get oily in my T-Zone but now that it's summer here in Seattle it's been very hot and VERY humid. I was loving my Milani Multitasker Powder which is supposed to be a blotting/foundation/setting powder all in one. It works great in the cooler months of the year but lately I have been sweating like a pig. Literally not even 20 mins after I put my make up on I have a puddle of sweat/shine on my nose and upper lip. I was shocked since this has never happened this bad and I don't know if it's becaus I'm not wearing my MAC Prolong Wear foundation but nothing I do helps. Blotting takes away the shine temporarily but not even an hour later I'm back to square one. When I use the Milani powdeer to "blot", it just enhances where I'm sweating and literally takes the color off of my face making it super obvious and ugly. I went into Sephora looking for the perfect blotting/summer powder and I was given two options - Cover FX or UD's De-slick Mattifying powder. I was already super oily and sweaty from walking through the mall. The SA at Sephora pretty much know me by name, lol so she suggested the UD. I didn't blot or anything and used a fluffy but dense powder brush to apply it on my shiny areas. I was flabbergasted! It completely sucked up the oil and mattified my skin without being heavy and without taking off/disintegrating the foundation on my nose.I was in love!!! Not to mention the beautiful packaging. I use this in conjunction with UD's De-Slick Finishing Spray. Using this somehow keeps me matte for HOURS. It really makes my skin look flawless. It's ridiculously expensive but I think it's well worth it.