Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

Filtered by age: 30-35
Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder
De-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying Powder

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

New (2013) formula: Talc, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tricaprylin, Calcium Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methicone, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale), Phenoxyethanol. [+/- May Contain: CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines)]. Old (pre-2013) formula: Talc, Calcium, Carbonate, Tricaprylin, Oriza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium, EDTA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower, Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl, Palmitate, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) .

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have a very oily t zone and I live in the south... I put a lot of time into figuring out how to remain matte. This product has helped out with that a lot. I usually use Tarte's translucent setting powder. This product does seem to hold up a bit longer without shine, but I can't say by leaps and bounds. Just a bit. It's at the same price point though. The compact is nice. I believe I will repurchase when I run out of it.

Update: definitely prefer Tarte's powder for shine control. The more I tested, the more Tarte came out on top. I have yet to try Laura Mercier or Kat Von D's powder, so I can't offer a comparison for those at this time.

Pros:
- packaging is so pretty and sturdy
- looks flawless on my skin (definitely buff it in on top, it won't move the foundation)
- matte for probably 5-6 hours

Cons:
- wish it was cheaper

Overall, great product. Would consider repurchasing, but rimmel stay matte works similarly.

on 8/11/2014 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

lovw this powder. for my skin its better than macs blot

Does the job covers blemishes everything it's great

on 6/21/2014 8:08:00 PM

I have really oily skin, and this powder works well. It does not look cakey at all, and lasts a long time. I use this in the morning, and then use oil blotting papers throughout the day. I usually don't even need to reapply the powder. With other powders, I would have to use so much in the summer, that it would build up and "crack" on my skin. It was embarassing, so I read several reviews for powders and tried this. I like it, and will definitely buy it again.

I came across Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder while looking for a powder. I have combination/ oily skin, and this is just the bee's knees! I absolutely love it. I love the product as well as the case! The application puff sticks to the mirror! love that! the product is great because the powder is colorless, so it takes out the hassle of trying to match your correct skin tone. It feels lightweight but also keeps your skin looking great for hours! I really feel there's nothing like it in product and cute case!

on 2/25/2014 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I think I found the perfect powder for me :)

on 1/5/2014 2:14:00 PM

The best pressed powder I could find for controlling oil and keeping makeup in place. I do need to touch up with this about 6-8 hours in, so its not perfect. Perfect is the Tarte powder but thats loose and it too hard to put on when you are on the go. I don't like the applicator it comes with and I use a brush. It def does a good job on pores. It does mattify and I dont think I am too oily but no matter which foundation I use- ranges from liquid to powder to cream, and even with or without a primer- I still need to reapply after 6 hours to the area between my eyebrows. I do wear my bangs to side so it may be play a factor. I guess if you are ALWAYS putting on your makeup at home I'd suggest trying the Tarte Amazonian Clay powder.

on 11/6/2013 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought the whole de-slick line off hautelook and this is the only one of the products I remotely like. I use it to blot my face during the day and it works well for that. On my face, I really can’t use it more than twice or it looks cakey and leaves a white cast.

I haven’t had any luck using it to prevent getting oily, just as a way to de-slick (lol) during the day.

I may be the only person out there who hates this packaging. WHY IS IT SO HEAVY?!?!?

on 8/10/2013 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought this powder kind of on a whim. I did hear some decent reviews but this isn't the typical product I splurge on. It was crappy hot humid day in TX and I found myself in a Sephora...need I say more? I *think* I love this powder. It does mattify and provide an overall finished look. When I needed it for an all day event recently it held it's own pretty well. I've been using Too Faced bb cream which I love but it is definitely dewy, the De-Slick absorbed some of the excess shine and held it off. It doesn't break me out, have an irritating scent and lasts 6 hrs or so. Again, I live in TX so you may not be in such a hot, humid environment. My main drawbacks are that it leaves a teensy weensy bit of a white cast on my face possibly only that I can detect but still for the price ($32) I expect perfection. Would I return it, no. Would I repurchase maybe not? Undecided so far.