Tangee Natural

No Image

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wasn’t around when tangee was 1st popular but this is awesome. it’s a creamsicle in color & is like mood lipstick. It changes color! It’s available (& blush) from the Vermont country store catalogue. The container looks like a chanel tube but w the tangee logo on its cap. Awesome product!!

on 12/12/2015 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

The scent of Tangee Natural brings me back to my starring roles in school plays, which were the only occasions when I wore any makeup before reaching my teens. Now, as then, when I wear it over lip balm, one layer produces a peachy-pink blush color that intensifies with each additional layer. (If it helps to know, I am a cool-toned but sallow NW 20 with lips of average pigmentation). The color is natural and immensely flattering. But, if worn over dry lips and applied too heavily, it creates an unnatural looking hot pink stain, not a flattering look, Applied properly, it is the ultimate my-lips-but-better shade. I am glad Tangee Natural and I got back together after nearly 50 years apart.

on 2/20/2009 9:08:00 AM

This lipstick looks orange in the tube, but once you put it on it changes to a color to suit your skintone. I tried this every day for a week and got every color under the sun from bright fuchsia, to electric coral, to natural flushed pink.

I think part of it has to do with how moisturized your lips are before this goes on. Although the formula itself feels moisturizing, when I put this on bare lips in the morning, I got the shocking bright colors. After a few hours it would emphasize lines in the lips slightly. The stain would stay all day and fade into a pretty natural pink, so once it got to that point I could just apply lip balm over it occasionally and it looked great. But the first few hours were a bit much.

If I put this on over balm, I get a nice pink color and the stain lasts all day.

This is perfect for busy people who need a shot of color but don't have time to apply lipstick throughout the day. I love that I can put this on in the morning for some pigment and just put on a bit of chapstick whenever my lips feel dry. It just looks like my natural color but better, not like I am wearing lipstick.

This would not be my 'night out' color or anything, but I would use this before applying my usual lipstick or gloss. The stain will last long after my lipgloss wears off.

on 5/13/2008 12:48:00 PM

My Grandmother used it, my Mother used nothing but Tangee Natural Lipstick, and now I am using it too. It is a lipstick that projects your natural color; so it looks different on every person. It is not gloppy, glossy, or gooey. It does stay on a long time and has amazing moisturizing properties. As far as I know, you can only get it through Vermont Country Store. I did find some on Ebay once too.

Just put "Tangee Natural" in your browser and the link will appear. In the old days Tangee made all sorts of beauty products but only the Natural lipstick has survived, and that is because it has been so popular with ladies of all skin types and colors for over 70 years. Try it and see if you like it , as well.

Popular Lipsticks