Prada Lightening Serum/Eye

No Image

3.7

on 12/30/2004 3:27:00 AM

okay - i'm sorry but this product completely sucks. i'm just happy that i wisely used some very generous samples before purchasing the product. after reading the reviews, i figured it was worth a try while i was at the prada counter.

first impression - wow, really emollient. then who knows what happened. all i knows is that after a week of using this stuff (twice a day), my right eye lid became so dry and flakey, i REALLY had to toss the stuff away. and no, i have not been crying lately either. this stuff just dried out my eye area. SCARY! will never purchase this product ever! now switching back to my tried and true oil of olay eye cream (and my wallet's happier for it.)

p.s. the packaging sucks. it's packed in mono-doses. however unlike the lip balm, these mono-doses are meant to only be used once per dose. tried to tape the suckers but that was entirely ineffective.

on 10/28/2004 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I too thought this would diminish my hereditary undereye circles. It's a great moisturizer that has a wonderful feel, but for the money spent on it, I was expecting visible lightening results.

on 8/7/2004 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was very excited when I put on this eye serum at first. My dark circle really faded out a bit. But the cream did not work after several days. It's a nice light weight moisturizer but not good enough for my eyes. I prefer using Kiehl's Avocado eye cream for the price & its great texture.

If you really like to lighten the dark circle, try to massage your eyes for 5 minutes. I use massage oil with essential oil or Jurlique A-cream. Enjoy a hot bath regularly can improve your blood circulation & it helps to improve those dark eye circle.

I had high expectations from reading the reviews here but unfortunately this product didnt live up to my expectations.

It did abslutely NOTHING for my dark eye circles (but then again, I should know this by now). I have still given it a rating of 4 lippies however because I do like the texture and find this makes a really nice eye cream.

on 7/7/2004 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this off Ebay based on the reviews I read here and I have to say that this did absolutely nothing for me. It did nothing for puffiness, circles, it actually caused terrible milia and wasn't even that moisturizing. I will stick with Mary Kay.

on 2/22/2004 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Well...I luckily received this as a gift so didn't have to plunk down a Benjamin for it.

But I DO love it. I've tried so many eye lightening creams and none have worked. I still have dark circles, but when I use the cream during the day under my concealer, it looks great. I was someone previously whose dark circles even crept thru concealer!

I use Kiehls eye creams most of the time and am just using this until the tube runs out. But if I had a spare $100, I'd buy it again.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Well here it is again, another eye cream that has made little or no difference in my eye area. Although it helped slightly with the puffiness and it felt very good on my skin, it did nothing to combat my dark circles. But I will say this: of all the eye creams I have tried, I hate this one the least.

Well, I save my worst rating for products that do something bad to you! That said, this one has nothing going for it. I've used it for a month now -- puffiness and lines look worse than ever, maybe a slight improvement in darkness -- definately NOT worth the money.

I have mixed feelings about this serum. As far as the marketed benefit of use, the results were very mediocre after a four week trial period. I have inherited dark, dark circles from my Eastern European ancestors. It seems that there are users here that have seen results. I do believe this, because dark circles can be enhanced by a slight discoloration of the skin in the area (thus, the serum may work) or from thin skin in the area (the serum may not be able to help). I suffer from both. Regardless, my eye circles are no lighter. However, as an eye cream, I like this very much. I have sensitive skin, and have had allergic reactions to every other eye cream I have tried. Kudos for this as an eye cream, not for it as a "lightening serum." I would buy it again, but not under the pretense of it being a miracle cure for lighter circles. What is a miracle cure? A good concealor.

on 1/21/2004 5:01:00 PM

This is slight moisturizing eye cream. If you are looking for heavy hydration, this is not the one for you. However, it is perfect fit for my eye area. I don't have wrinkles, dehydation but just dark circles when I don't have enough sleep. Used many eye cream on the market but as I don't have the common wrinkle and dehydration concer, they don't show any result on me. This is the only one which help my dark circle problem

Ingredients: Water(Aqua), Squalene, Butylene Glycol, Triethylhexanoin, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearare, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, PEG-40 Stearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Sodium Citrate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterol, Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Fagus Sylvatica Extract, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Lactic Acid, Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben continued >>