Shiseido The Skincare Night Moisture Recharge Light

Shiseido  The Skincare Night Moisture Recharge Light

on 7/8/2012 10:08:00 AM

To be fair, I can't really review on any results achieved from using this product. I just purchased this item today and after reading reviews on MUA I was looking forward to trying it out. After performing my cleansing routine and applying my serum I reached for the box containing the Night Moisture Recharge only to find that it seemed wet and soggy on the bottom......it had smashed somewhere, somehow (I honestly have been wracking my brain to remember if I may have dropped the bag but I can't recall). Anyway, there goes AUD$75 (yes $75.....we pay exhorbitant prices for cosmetics in Australia) for a product I didn't get to use except for the little bit I could spread all over my face and arms during the clean up. I didn't even realise it was packaged in a glass bottle hence my low rating for the packaging quality. I will say that I love the feel of the lotion on my face and the scent is very nice and not overpowering - I do like a nice subtle scent in products. I did qualify for the GWP and there is a sample sized Night Moisture Recharge included, along with a few other products so at least I'll get to use that. Needless to say I am so disappointed and I will not be repurchasing at that price. This was my first Shiseido skincare purchase and I was very excited about it.....

Added 7/12/2012.....I've been using the sample out of the GWP and I have to say that this really is a nice moisturiser. It goes on lightly with no greasy feeling and a little definately goes a long way. It doesn't sit on my face and I truly do like the appearance of my skin in the morning (especially since it's the middle of a very cold winter here and the heating has been very drying on my skin).....nice and soft and smooth, and that's just after a few days of use. I am still bitterly disappointed at losing a whole bottle of such an expensive product but i've added back a couple of lippies because I now realise I was judging unfairly for this reason. At this stage I still can't afford to purchase a new bottle but maybe in the future.......who knows. I'll keep you updated.....

on 6/27/2012 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this product for a few years now. Have to be honest, I've been going back and forth with it, but I always find myself going back to it. It's really lightweight, but still moisturizes. Does not have a funny smell.. Absorbs very fast. Overall I love Shiseido skincare products. Would definitely recommend

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

(Overall: 3, Price: 5, Packaging: 5, Repurchasing: No)

This review is written after 3 weeks of usage as my day time moisturizer. For 2 days I was using the Regular version for both day & night, but it was too heavy for daytime so I went and purchased the Light version. I use the Light version of the Night Moisture Recharge for daytime because I use a separate sunscreen with SPF 60 (their daytime moisturize with SPF 15 was useless for me). I really thought I liked this moisturizer since it "felt" light on the skin. But it didn't really hydrated my skin that well and it left this horrible sticky layer on my skin. My skin is combo-dry (drier due to acne meds) and the weather is getting warmer and more humid so I needed something that's lightweight yet hydrating. This moisturizer only hydrated my skin superficially. I had used better moisturizers before and this moisturizer just didn't impressed me.

Ok, so I'll be a bit of a contraction because I actually have repurchased this item but I'll say no to repurchasing. It took me 2 rounds of this stuff to realize that I don't quite like it. I think my skin has improved so I don't need this anymore. So on one hand it helped me improve my skin... on the other hand, I feel like it doesn't help me anymore.

As far as moisturizers go, this doesn't seem to get absorbed by my skin and rather just skin on top of it. I apply this after using Shisiedo softener.

on 7/11/2008 2:23:00 AM

I bought this product in regular, NOT LIGHT. This cream has a very runny consistency that i'm not quite as used to.

Pros:
Packaging - white simple glass bottle that pumps moisurizer out so you dont need to dig it out of the bottle and get it in your nails. But I just wish it wasn't transparent because moisurizers lose their effect when being exposed to light a lot... So I keep it in the box when im not using it.
Only need to use a little tiny product for my face. (A little goes a long way. The consultant told me it would last me half a year around).
Very good at deeply moisturizing my skin at night, my skin doesn't just drink it up and then dry out later, it maintains its moisture level. I feel like it also helps my skin in the long term allowing my skin the ability to create its own water and moisture, so that it won't dry out as easily in harsh weather conditions.

Cons:
Price - $50
Probably not very good for people that have oily skin as it is very moisturizing (I got the regular not the light)
Doesn't do other functions such as evening out skin complexion nor prevent/fix acne and also doesn't reduce wrinkles, it just basically moisturizes and smooths skin.

Conclusion: It's really good a balancing the skin during cold harsh weather but beware this is an oil-based moisturizer putting too much on (esp. on the t-zone) caused me to have whiteheads, especially during the warmer season.

on 1/3/2010 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got two bottles of this stuff for free. The ones I have are in LIGHT and I really like it! I have combo skin, and it gets really oily in the summer. However, in the winter time my cheeks get dry so I use this every night before I sleep. When I wake up in the morning, the moisture level on my face is balanced and it's hydrated. It's one of the best moisturizers I've tried!

Consistency and texture are great. It doesn't feel greasy on my face.

I won't be purchasing this again though. The actual price is too much for me.

on 5/13/2008 2:03:00 AM

I LOVE this night moisturizer. I bought this about a month ago because I noticed that my skin was a little drier and I'm probably outgrowing my once-teenage hormonal oiliness. So I decided to ramp up to the next line for skin that's a little more mature and went to buy this but stuck with the Light version because my skin still is a bit oily, just less so. This is almost like the Pureness Mattifying Moisturizer except much more hydrating. It absorbs very quickly, is very smooth, and isn't at all sticky. My skin feels a little smoother than it did when I was using Pureness. I also had a problem with the little lines on my face disappearing quickly after I smiled, laughed, or frowned and stuff when I was using Pureness, but I noticed that my skin has regained a little more elasticity and the little lines go away faster after I make a facial expression. If you're going to spend a day at home or you don't feel/need to wear your sunscreen for the daytime, this is still light enough for daytime. It's wonderful and it deserves 5 lippies. It also has thiotaurine, yuzu seed extract, and hyaluronic acid (shown as sodium hyaluronate in the ingredients list) as moisturizing factors. Pricy at 53.00CAD but well-worth it. I love the pump bottle, too.