Free and Clear Hair Styling Gel

4.8

on 6/19/2017 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I recently stumbled across this line at my local Walgreens, and I couldn't be happier about it. Having celiac disease and respiratory issues makes finding hair products I can tolerate a problem, but the Free and Clear line has solved it. This gel is light-textured and pleasant to use. I find that I need to mix it with a bit of water in my palm to loosen it up a bit before working it through my hair, but still get great body and hold with blow-drying--and no crunchiness. It washes out easily, too. You can't imagine how delighted I am to have found a line of locally accessible, gluten-and fragrance-free, cosmetically elegant, high-quality line of hair products after having spent a couple of years searching and having spent quite a bit of cash on products that I could not tolerate. The search is over! I will repurchase and pray that they this line is never discontinued (which includes shampoo, conditioner, two types of hair spray, and a liquid soap and is made by the company that manufactures Vanicream).

on 11/10/2014 11:27:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have baby fine, dry hair that likes to frizz or not stay put when I pull it back in a hair clip. This unscented hair gel provides moderate to firm hold and is alcohol free. While I do not use this every day, I always have a tube of this on hand.

I never thought in a million years that this styling gel by the same makers of Vanicream would become my favorite hair product. It makes my fine, long, wavy-ish hair soft, shiny and gives some body too. It doesn't hold much, but then again, no products ever really did for my hair. What makes me love it is it's fragrance-free so it's not competing with my leave-in conditioner, a scent I love but can overpower, and it doesn't irritate my sensitive scalp. I'll keep buying this unless I were to find something better, but most styling products irritate my skin too much!

on 5/10/2008 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Free & Clear Hair Styling Gel for Sensitive Skin is formulated without alcohol, dyes, lanolin, fragrance, masking fragrance, parabens, formaldehyde, and other preservatives.

This gel (packaged in a tube) provides a light to medium hold. My hair is slightly dry, color-treated, and wavy-curly. My scalp is sensitive.

I've been using this gel for many years. I like that it has few ingredients.

Popular Styling Products