Duri-Rejuvacote

Duri-Rejuvacote

4.6

Ethyl Acetate, butyl acetate, nitrocellulose, toluenesulfonamide/formaldehyde resin, isopropyl alcohol, n-butyl alcohol, trymethyl penthanyl, dissobutyrate, camphor, hydrolized wheat protein, hydrolyzed keratin, hydrolized soy protein, calcium pantothenate.

on 6/25/2016 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Duri-Rejuvacote, also called Rejuvacote 1, is is formaldehyde nail strengthener. When I first used it, almost a year ago, I had a reaction to the formaldehyde. (It made my hands ache.) I tried it recently and didn't have a problem.

My nails are thin, weak, and break at the sides. I used this strengthener by itself (no polish). I used two coats on day one, another two coats on day three, and removed on day seven.

After one week of using Duri-Rejuvacote 1 my nails felt harder, but when I removed it my nails looked dry and several broke/flaked off.

There's also a Rejuvacote 2 without formaldehyde, which I haven't tried.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

So sad to report that this didnt work out for me! I bought a bottle of Duri Rejuvacote 1 as well as Nailtiques Formula 2 Plus to put them to the test for my weak peely nails. I started out with the Nailtiques which completely transformed my nails! They didnt peel anymore. Once I finished the bottle, I started on the Rejuvacote. I was hoping it would make my now pretty nails grow out. Once I started using it my nails became peely again :(. I also noticed that the nail polish would come off in sheets not like the Nailtiques which bonded firmly to the nail.

To Read all 63 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/25/2016 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a favorite product of mine. HG in fact. When I started to wear polish a while ago, I started by using a Sally Hansen basecoat, and it was ok. After that, I went on to use OPI Nail Envy, and at the time I thought it was HG. But, I read a lot of reviews about Duri Rejuvacote, and after a while, I decided to try it, even if I liked OPI Nail Envy so much.

I'm glad I tried it, it's better than OPI Nail envy, which I already loved. It makes my nails strong, long, they grow more quickly, break less often so all-in-all, that's a lot of win! If you consider buying it, I would say buy it now.

It's the only product that has worked on my peelie nails. It's only $8ish on Amazon. Worth a try for sure. I have tried all these other products and really none have helped. I can't believe I actually have long nails now. I only regret to taking before pics.

on 2/15/2016 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Worth its weight in gold. I, like many others, was hesitant to try this at first because I've tried pretty much everything else on the market to no avail and the thought of spending another nine bucks for nothing was just too much. In the end, I bought the bullet (and bought into the hype) and I was shocked.

For my entire life, my nails have always cracked at the corners - they're thin and I have some deep horizontal indentations that curve up the sidewalls up my nails (basically little "tear here" spots :P). Buffing the ridges out only makes them thinner and more prone to tears, so I turned to soak-off gels and the extra thick coating allowed me to grow my nails past nubs for the first time two years ago. However, the upkeep, acetone soaks, and time-consuming nature of the shellac kept me looking for another solution. If the breaks were bad enough it would break right through the shellac anyway.

I applied two coats of the Rejuvacote one day after a bad below-the-quick break that had left me with half a thumbnail for weeks. I forgot about it. I noticed that the non-broken nails had passed the usual spots where it started to break about a week later, so I slapped on a little more. By the third coat a few days later my nails were long and even enough to where I could wear polish again. I haven't applied a new coat since then because I don't want to go overboard on hardness but this is pretty much the only "miracle product" this beauty junkie has ever seen.

I know it was this stuff because I'm hard on my hands and I literally never moisturize unless my cuticles are ragged -- I gave up on the Loodie method of constant moisture years ago when I discovered that it wasn't really helping my breaks. Now that my hands look decent again I'm actually tempted to start taking care of them again. It hasn't happened yet but I remain optimistic. ;)

I've tried other formaldehyde-based products to no avail (and got a super fun contact dermatitis rash from Mavala; keep that stuff off your cuticles, kids) so this must be the exact formulation my nails need. Wish I'd tried it first, but I guess every body is different. So that was my long-winded story on how I used this stuff three times without a regular schedule or even really following the directions, and it turned out to be a game-changer. The end!

on 12/5/2015 2:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

There's more than one place to review this on here and I originally put it in another place....another place where there were just a few reviews and they weren't good. Which floored me because this stuff is the BOMB and has saved my nails!!!! I've already repurchased and still have a bit less than half a bottle left. Let me tell you how damaged my nails were. Both thumbnails had a split that just never went away. I mean, for probably 4 YEARS, I've had short thumbnails because of these splits that would catch on something and I'd have to trim them down to nothing. But the splits still persisted. Not only that, but all my nails peeled. Which meant my polish never stayed more than a few days without chipping because a piece of a layer of my nail would peel off -- which in turn made them weak and very prone to breaking. I saw a great review for this on MUA and figured I'd give it a shot. I purchased Duri Rejuvacote on Amazon and I believe it was around $8.00...cheap as far as I'm concerned. I honestly didn't have high hopes because nothing has every worked -- no product or home remedy has helped. I wasn't impressed at first...my nails for the first 3 weeks or so were much the same, but I kept using it because it was there and I used it as a base coat. You're also supposed to paint it on every other day as a top coat, which I did more to get some shine back than anything else -- it does have a shine and it dries quickly (another plus). After about the 3rd time (3 weeks or so...I paint my nails weekly), I noticed something amazing....the splits in my thumbnails are gone. And the peeling is disappearing. My nails look healthy!!!! I don't get it....I mean, I still don't understand what's in this stuff that fixed my nails!!! All I know is that they're growing and longer than they've been in a very long time. My thumbnails are finally not trimmed to the quick!!! For me, this worked beyond my wildest dreams!!! If others do not have the same result, perhaps they're not giving it enough time (3 weeks minimum for me) or using it as intended. My nail routine:
1. Remove old polish.
2. Push back and trim cuticles.
3. Moisturize entire nails with Sally Hansen cuticle oil...I rub it all over the nail.
4. Wash hands with soap and water to remove oil.
5. Brush on Duri Rejuvacote.
6. Brush on 2 coats of any nail polish (am partial to OPI and Sally Hansen Salon Manicure).
7. Brush on Duri Rejuvacote again as a top coat.
8. Brush on Duri Rejuvacote every other day or whenever I see my manicure dull.

My nails are at a length now that I have to trim them...I don't like super long nails as I work on a computer all day long and they're not practical. My nail polish lasts for an entire week and I'm not losing layers of nail. I don't think my nails have every been this strong. This works for me and I will buy it forever and ever. P.S. I swear I do not work for this company -- it's just a stellar product in my opinion! :-)

on 11/6/2015 11:31:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

TL;DR: Rejuvacote peels on contact with water, and cannot prevent yellowing under polish.

Some specifics about my nails first: I have no nutritional deficiencies. I do, however, have a chronic illness that requires several medications, and I take medications several times per day. Changes in my disease and in medications cause changes in my nails. Sometimes they are very, very soft. Sometimes they are so thin I will tear them washing my hair. (So frustrating, because I have fine, spiderweb-invisible type strands. How are the strong enough to cut ANYTHING when wet?) However, most of the time they are peel-y.

Enter my problems with Duri Rejuvicote. 1) I don't want to use this as a base coat. It's too thin and would never prevent yellowing. And I'm afraid it wouldn't do any good on top of all the layers I use. I'm working to come up with a middle ground. 2) This stuff peels every time it hits water. As soon as I wash my hands, Rejuvicote is lifting off the tips - where my peeling occurs. It also peels in response to the humidity in my rubber gloves when I'm wiping counters, loading the dishwasher, etc.

I wanted to try this and see how it compares to my long-standing favorite Quimica Alemana. Quimica thickens soooo quickly, though, and I don't always need it. So I typically use it once, maybe twice, then am left with half a bottle of a gooey, stringy mess than thinning drops don't quite make right.

I'm going to keep working with Rejuvicote to see if it can work for me. At the same price point as Quimica, it can't hurt.

on 9/12/2015 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

"From Dying Nails To Nails To Die For" is a very accurate slogan Duri lives up to. If you are not a chemical-sensitive and overly-cautious diva, you need this in bulk, because you are guaranteed a Naily Godmother status upon gifting it to all of your struggling friends. Use exactly as directed: freshly manicured base followed by a religious 7 day reapplication and removal. Too good to be true? I was determined to prove that and ended up looking like an idiot with perfect Essie Bordeaux fingernails that outlasted a week of dishwashing, cleaning, gardening and countless picking and prying. Shellac what?! Just make sure to add a fresh THIN coat first thing in the morning in order to prolong the life of your manicure; it dries in a flash so there's virtually no waiting. Despite the healthy lifestyle, my nails are as fragile as butterfly wings and this is the only thing I rely on in order to have nails that look like overlays.

IMPORTANT: after 7 days you MUST remove the nail polish and give your hands a break for at least 24 hours before reapplying. Ideally, you will do this before bed time, give your hands a nice oil soak and let nature do its magic as you rest. For the remainder of the month you are to use this only as a base coat and if your nails are still not as strong as you'd like them to be, reduce the reapplication to maximum of 3 times a week, as excess formaldehyde will turn your nails from hard to brittle, destroying all your efforts.

DOWNSIDE: because this is a formaldehyde-containing polish, it will get thicker and harder to apply halfway through the bottle. Since I repurchase this all the time, I don't bother diluting. I wait until I have at least two bottles, add a chopped garlic clove (degermed, please!) into one bottle, top it with contents of the other, leave it in a dark place and forget about it for 7 days. Voila! Garlic treatment you read and heard about without wasting a perfect bottle of base coat on.

on 8/18/2015 10:20:00 PM

Only strengthening polish that works! I used to have very flaky and soft nails. With this product my nails are strong, long and beautiful. I now get comments on them regularly.

Rejuvacote improves natural nail color and looks beautiful over polish is looks similar to a gel manicure. I have been using this product for months, initially it required daily application but now my nails are strong on their own provided I apply a base coat every week or so. I will be repurchasing this product very soon.

on 7/30/2015 2:03:00 AM

When I was looking around for a popular (and one that works!) nail growth/strengthener/hardener, I stumbled upon Duri Rejuvacote, which boasts as being a nail growth system. It worked for a bunch of people and for that reason, I caved and bought it.

Now I'm days short of a month of usage on and off (consecutively for a few days, then under my nail polish, sometimes with Nail Envy on top, etc) and I've noticed a significant growth! My nails used to break and snap off, becoming soft in the water (Fun story- I snapped all of the nails on my right hand washing my hair once.) but after using this, I've noticed they're stronger than ever and hardly ever bend. I can put these through a hair-wash and still have my length!

For me, I've got about a 2mm-3mm growth on my ring fingers, and these usually only got to half of a millimetre on average! My nails no longer look like stumps so this is now one of my cult must-haves! HG STATUS!