Nivea Lip Care Sun SPF 25

2.2

cera microcristallina, hydrogenated polydecene, cetyl palmitate, ricinus communis, butylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, ethylhexyl triazone, myristyl myristate, octyldodecanol, synthetic wax, titanium dioxide, cetaryl alcohol, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, c20-40 alkyl stearate, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, cera carnauba, butyrospermum parkii, simmondsia chinensis, tocopheryl acetate, diethylhexyl butamido triazone, cera alba, polyglyceryl-2 dipolyhydroxystearate, trimethoxycaprylylsilane, limonene, linalool, benzyl benzoate, citral, parfum, ci 19140

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I honestly can't remember whether this product left a white cast on my lips, but I think it did. I'm very pale naturally so I can't quite tell sometimes if there's a white cast or not. Either way, I couldn't even use the product 1/4 up because after 5 or so applications over 2 days, I had an allergic reaction to it. My lips swelled and chapped painfully deep, I developed red bumps all over my lips and mouth area, and rough patches in the corners of my mouth. I had to quit using it and go to pure lanolin to let my lips heal, which took about a week and a half. Never again.

I got the nivea lipbalm (with SPF)
The smell of the lipbalm isn't that bad and i got it for only 14rb($1 in US) so its very cheap 🙂 I don't recommend this lipbalm because it makes my lips 'worse' when i use it(my lips is like very dry and also white when i use it)
I will never repurchase it
I recommend getting vaseline/nivea lipbutter/baby lips/nivea vitamin shake 😉

This is basically a stick of sunscreen for your lips. Completely white, greasey feeling, and mine expired before I used it more than twice (before I knew how terrible I looked with it). It may have SPF in it, but there are so many other lip products that have SPF in it that do not look pure white...definitely do not recommend.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This lip balm is terrible! It's chalky white when you apply it and it doesn't apply smoothly at all. It gives you the dead look if you know what I mean. It also feels very dry - probably from the zinc oxide.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

WARNING. This product will leave white streaks on your red lips! Don't expect others to ignore your look. You will get many weird stares and questions if you go out on the street.

After reading some 3.0-4.0 reviews on MUA, I tried their suggestion and used lipstick on top of this lip balm. well, the white streaks were dyed red, looking much less hideous than before, but still the lip balm is still visible in the form of red balm/flakes as if you applied 3X the normal amount of lipstick.

OKay, this is 1 of the 3 products that destroyed my confidence in NIVEA... I am still fond of many other NIVEA lip balms and a few of their body wash products but I will think twice * twice before I purchase anything new from this brand.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

"OMIGOD, what kind of stupid lip balm is this?" That's exactly what I thought upon application. I thought it was going to be clear but it was so white and opaque! I threw it out immediately. Where am I ever going to wear this?
I would never repurchase this. Never.

worst lip balm I've ever tried. i bought this since i wanted a lip balm with SPF but this left me looking like i had no blood on my lips, the color was just pale while. it does not moisturize at all, my lips were dry like i wasn't wearing any lip balm. threw it away in the trash after one use. will not repurchase

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I needed lip protection for when I'm swimming and this is the best lip sunscreen I've tried. It does make my lips whitish but that doesn't bother me as long as it's waterproof. I also sometimes wear it under lipstick. It doesn't change the color of my lipstick at all and actually makes my lipstick glide on more smoothly. I think it's a nice product for the price, will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i had read about this balm (spf 30) being prized in places other than the US (where it had been, until relatively recently, unavailable) and i had wistfully thought to myself i'd buy it the moment i ever saw it in stores--and i did exactly that. i live in hawaii and i've tried a good number of higher spf lip balms. this one is among the best in terms of texture, smell, taste, spf level. most lipbalms w/spfs higher than 15 that i've tried feel like crayon being scraped on the lips. nivea spf 30, in contrast, is very comfortable and smooths on very easily. i find it completely indispensible for me and my sweetie, especially on active days in or out of the water. i wouldn't wear this if all i needed was something to make my lips soft because it definitely has a tangible white cast. (duh--physical sunscreen!)

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

If I don't use this product my lips get sunburn. It is a little streaky but I think that depends on how much you apply (I cake it on) but it's nothing extreme. You're wearing suncream on your lips so what do you expect. It smells nice (vaguely of cocoa butter) and protects your lips wonderfully. I thnk Nivea have improved this product over time. It doesn't melt in extreme heat (Vaseline I'm looking at you) and protects your lips. It does what it's supposed to.
EDIT: I've severely reduced my score after I found a great spf lip treatment: Simple - Sun Sensitive Protecting Lip Balm.

Popular Lip Treatments